The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-15-2023, 08:34 PM   #51
TKCR

Re: USA1 Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by texarback View Post
They have more than 700 orders for door panels a week? Is that what you are saying? If so that seems grossly incorrect.
In the mean time maybe they will figure out how to communicate better.
I did not say that. I said, one week they had enough supply to fill 700 door panel orders, but it wasn’t enough. They had more orders to fill, and were continuing to get more orders.
And if I remember right, they were supposed to have received more supply’s, but that is all they got. And it was enough to do 700 sets of panels.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 08:41 PM   #52
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
I follow you on FB and you do a Great Job.

What Get's me the most is people that respond to your post(Are these for sale).

When clearly you state on the Top line, NOT FOR SALE.

About USA1 I have an order in now for small stuff.

I order from them for the good Quality they offer.
Just put another order in myself.
Funny you should say this, I just had someone ask if a certain set was for sale, when the very first sentence says “these were done for someone”
Darn it, I forgot to say NOT FOR SALE, not that it does any good.
Old 06-15-2023, 09:10 PM   #53
texarback

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
I did not say that. I said, one week they had enough supply to fill 700 door panel orders, but it wasn’t enough. They had more orders to fill, and were continuing to get more orders.
And if I remember right, they were supposed to have received more supply’s, but that is all they got. And it was enough to do 700 sets of panels.
Thanks for the clarification.

It’s interesting information to get from someone on a message board, not the actual company I ordered from, that there were more than 700 orders ahead of mine when I place my order 12 months ago.

I wonder how many orders remain ahead of mine.

That kind of information sets a man’s mind at ease and easily builds goodwill.
texarback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 09:47 PM   #54
TKCR

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification.

It’s interesting information to get from someone on a message board, not the actual company I ordered from, that there were more than 700 orders ahead of mine when I place my order 12 months ago.

I wonder how many orders remain ahead of mine.

That kind of information sets a man’s mind at ease and easily builds goodwill.
I can’t even remember how long ago it was that I talked to him, when he told me that, maybe 9-10 months ago. I do a lot of business with them, so I talk to them a lot just for my own restoration things that I do, mainly seats & belts. All I know is that they are crazy busy, and having all sorts of supply issues. You name it, and it has happened to them. And of course of that flows downhill to us waiting on our stuff.
Old 09-13-2023, 08:46 AM   #55
texarback

Still waiting. I email once a month for a status and just sent that email. I'm sure it will be the same ole same ole.

Ordered June 27th 2022.

1) 20351D - Sun Visor, Slate blue
2) 16572D - Door Panel, Slate blue
3) 19303D - Door Pocket Bag, Slate blue

What is that? 443 days? Eish.

Edit: they emailed back pretty fast: "There is no accurate ETA at this time. If you do not want to leave an item on backorder please consider canceling and reordering when they become available. Our apologies."

If I cancel, how do I know they are in stock? The website says they are available for purchase.
Old 09-13-2023, 08:59 AM   #56
Willie Makeit

The dash pad they sell can be found elsewhere, in stock, and ready to ship. It doesn't take a year and half to rattle can a dash pad.

Seems some still sing their praises but my experience is they are the worst company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Regardless of how nice their products are, this is NOT the way to run a successful business.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 10:11 AM   #57
TKCR

I still sing their praises, absolutely. I use them for most of my supplies, which is on a regular basis. In fact, just got a shipping notification just this morning for an order placed over the weekend.
Not everything takes that long. Everyone wants to assume that every part they sell takes a year, lol.
Old 09-13-2023, 10:47 AM   #58
rwjtexas

I have placed several orders with them and to date none have taken over 3 weeks from start to finish.

I placed an order on Sunday and received shipping notification this morning it is in transit.

I have ordered parts, paint, and paint supplies with never any issues.

This is NOT to take away from the anger many have that ordered panels and related trim pieces. I truly understand the issues .... from a positive perspective, they do sell quality merchandise.

Just be leary of what you order and understand the potential of delays.
rwjtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 12:56 PM   #59
texarback

To be clear, I'm not angry. I find the entire thing interesting.
Old 09-13-2023, 01:04 PM   #60
Willie Makeit

Quote:
I still sing their praises, absolutely. I use them for most of my supplies, which is on a regular basis. In fact, just got a shipping notification just this morning for an order placed over the weekend.
Not everything takes that long. Everyone wants to assume that every part they sell takes a year, lol.
lol, whatever. 2 cans of paint & a dash emblem took over 4 weeks & that's only after I reached out to them three times (they didn't reply first 2 times ) and said WTF? so yeah, in my experience, normal every day items do take longer than other vendors. absolutely.

because you have had good results doesn't change the fact that others feel this is a dishonest company to deal with. you don't accept an order, charge the customer's credit card and then not tell the customer the item isn't in stock. that's dishonest, plain & simple. and if that's how they choose to run their business then i sure have no problem talking about it.

Last edited by Willie Makeit; 09-13-2023 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-13-2023, 05:13 PM   #61
SuperC10Tex

Quote:
others feel this is a dishonest company to deal with. you don't accept an order, charge the customer's credit card and then not tell the customer the item isn't in stock. that's dishonest, plain & simple. and if that's how they choose to run their business then i sure have no problem talking about it.
That is against the Law in The State of Texas! I brought that to USA1 Industries attention after waiting six months for my door panels & dash pad. The order was completed and sent within 24 hours of that email!!
SuperC10Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 06:46 PM   #62
Bloodhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperC10Tex View Post
That is against the Law in The State of Texas! I brought that to USA1 Industries attention after waiting six months for my door panels & dash pad. The order was completed and sent within 24 hours of that email!!
Seems to be how they operate. The North Carolina attorney general's office gave them 10 days to respond to my complaint. On the 10th day, they shipped. Imagine that, 68 weeks after ordering. As expected, they are fantastic, but that is what it took.
Bloodhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 08:37 PM   #63
texarback

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperC10Tex View Post
If you don’t mind me asking, what exactly did you say to them?

I fear that if I say this they will just cancel the order.
Old 09-14-2023, 12:10 AM   #64
Willie Makeit

Quote:
If you don’t mind me asking, what exactly did you say to them?

I fear that if I say this they will just cancel the order.
and how is that different than what you have now? they have your money but you don’t have any parts, if they cancel at least you’ll have your money back.
Old 09-14-2023, 09:06 PM   #65
texarback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Makeit View Post
and how is that different than what you have now? they have your money but you don’t have any parts, if they cancel at least you’ll have your money back.
They have made it clear that they will refund the money if I want to cancel.

I don’t cancel because I don’t know if they fill orders based on order date. If I cancel and then reorder then am I at the back of the line? They won’t say. I also don’t know when things are in stock. Again, they don’t say.

See the confusion?

I looked into the law and the poster above isn't right. There is no law that says it’s illegal to sell something that is out of stock or back ordered. They law simply says that the seller can’t hold your money and deny if you want to cancel. USA is more than willing to cancel the order and give me my money back.

I simply don’t want to piss them off by threatening or claiming bogus stuff.

I’ll continue to wait and hopefully the items ship some time this year.
Old 09-14-2023, 09:23 PM   #66
TKCR

Quote:
They have made it clear that they will refund the money if I want to cancel.

I don’t cancel because I don’t know if they fill orders based on order date. If I cancel and then reorder then am I at the back of the line? They won’t say. I also don’t know when things are in stock. Again, they don’t say.

See the confusion?

I looked into the law and the poster above isn't right. There is no law that says it’s illegal to sell something that is out of stock or back ordered. They law simply says that the seller can’t hold your money and deny if you want to cancel. USA is more than willing to cancel the order and give me my money back.

I simply don’t want to piss them off by threatening or claiming bogus stuff.

I’ll continue to wait and hopefully the items ship some time this year.
I can confirm, that if you cancel and then reorder, you will be back at the bottom on the list.
I know it’s confusing when they say the stuff is in stock, but technically all the orders are “made to order”. They never have door panels or dashes done ahead of time. If they do, it’s a rarity. So this tells the volume of orders they are doing.
And then they rely on their suppliers for some of the materials. If a supplier is back ordered, then that pus USA1 in delay mode. That is where the major problems stem from, is them getting the supplies they need to make/fill the large amounts of orders.
And remember, they are a small company of about 20-25 people.
Old 09-18-2023, 05:15 PM   #67
Willie Makeit

they're way too busy to hire additional staff or brush up on basic logistics & supply chain management.

strange business plan.
Old 09-18-2023, 07:28 PM   #68
TKCR

Quote:
they're way too busy to hire additional staff or brush up on basic logistics & supply chain management.

strange business plan.
Biggest issue is getting people to work. It’s not just them, that’s a problem everywhere.
Now with me, I’ve been “yelled at”, saying I needed to hire more help, lol, because of long lead times. Most people are not patient, they want something and they want it NOW. I had to laugh at them when they got angry with me about the lead times, but I’m only 1 person doing what I do at home. So I have no desire to “hire” help, nor would I. So obviously they thought I was some sort of a business with employees, which is not the case.
When it comes to USA1, same thing, everyone just assumes that they can just “hire” more help. Their business is small. So to expand, that cost money and finding the right place to do just that. And then make the move. It’s not always ideal to do things that everyone thinks they should do. Like my situation, because people think I should hire more help, doesn’t mean I can.
Old 09-18-2023, 09:49 PM   #69
Getter-Done

Quote:
Biggest issue is getting people to work. It’s not just them, that’s a problem everywhere.
Now with me, I’ve been “yelled at”, saying I needed to hire more help, lol, because of long lead times. Most people are not patient, they want something and they want it NOW. I had to laugh at them when they got angry with me about the lead times, but I’m only 1 person doing what I do at home. So I have no desire to “hire” help, nor would I. So obviously they thought I was some sort of a business with employees, which is not the case.
When it comes to USA1, same thing, everyone just assumes that they can just “hire” more help. Their business is small. So to expand, that cost money and finding the right place to do just that. And then make the move. It’s not always ideal to do things that everyone thinks they should do. Like my situation, because people think I should hire more help, doesn’t mean I can.
I have been hunting for a Niche for a while now.

I thought for years of being on this board,
That I could provide some Kind of Service.

Then I realized I have enough on my plate.

So, I am finally trying to sort my own stuff out.

I watched the Delay wiper stuff fade away.

And a few other things.

So, I guess.

“You can please some of the people some of the time,
all of the people some of the time,
some of the people all of the time,
but you can never please all of the people all of the time.” – Abraham Lincoln

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 10:08 PM   #70
TKCR

Thumbs up Re: USA1 Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post

So, I guess.

“You can please some of the people some of the time,
all of the people some of the time,
some of the people all of the time,
but you can never please all of the people all of the time.” – Abraham Lincoln

That’s the truth right there!
Old 09-19-2023, 09:00 AM   #71
Willie Makeit

It's got nothing to do with Abraham Lincoln or any other cute little saying.

The point is: A business should stop advertising & accepting orders for a product if they don't have the means to supply said product.

Last edited by Willie Makeit; 09-19-2023 at 04:31 PM. Reason: spelling & clarification
Old 09-19-2023, 09:17 AM   #72
texarback

Quote:
Nutshell: It's got nothing to do with Abraham Lincoln or any other cute little saying.

The point is: A business should stop advertising & accepting orders for a product if they don't have the means to supply said product.
I really don't think that is the issue. The issue is they don't communicate.

When I ask, "If I cancel the order, how do I know when the item is in stock?" OR "Do you plan on even making the parts that I paid for 450+ days ago?" and all I get is "There is no ETA at this time. If you would like to cancel..." OR even worse, crickets, that is an issue.

No one else offers exactly what they are offering. I am more than happy to wait. And, have been waiting.

It has been 450+ days or 15 months. I don't think I fall into the "Want it NOW" category of customer. I have been patient and will continue to be patient.

I paid them $3,000.00 and for the remaining $1,000 that hasn't been delivered, I simply would like a little more feedback to my questions rather than the tired old lazy response of "There is no ETA at this time. If you would like to cancel...".

I don't think that is unreasonable. But, maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited by texarback; 09-19-2023 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-19-2023, 09:44 AM   #73
texarback

I spoke to Randy this morning. First, he took about 30 minutes of his time to explain the situation which I truly appreciate.

First, it sounds like the bags and visors will be shipping some time in the next month or so. They received the stock that they needed to begin the build process.

Second, the door panels have issues. For 73-75 years they no longer are able to get the panels from their supplier over seas. So, they have been developing them here and hope to begin manufacturing them in North Carolina; along side all the other door panels for the later year models. The cost will be a little more but sounds like they should be a high quality replication of what came off the factory floor. I'm excited to see what they release. It sounds like they went back and forth on bringing it inhouse as they don't sell near the quantity for those year models. I'm glad they pulled the trigger.

He did say that they are just now beginning to get back to pre Covid supplies. Which is interesting. He didn't mention labor issues but did say that a machine shop in North Carolina that they use for visor parts went out of business. So, while labor may not be an issue, partners may be an issue.

Anyway, I'm going to walk back my comments from earlier. If they can communicate like that then I'll keep doing business with them.
Old 09-19-2023, 04:30 PM   #74
Willie Makeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Makeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by texarback
I really don't think that is the issue.

you ordered a part over 450 days ago and still don't have it. you placed an order. they accepted the order. they accepted payment. 450+ days later and you still don't have your part.

what did i say above that is untrue?
Old 09-19-2023, 04:45 PM   #75
TKCR

Quote:
I spoke to Randy this morning. First, he took about 30 minutes of his time to explain the situation which I truly appreciate.

First, it sounds like the bags and visors will be shipping some time in the next month or so. They received the stock that they needed to begin the build process.

Second, the door panels have issues. For 73-75 years they no longer are able to get the panels from their supplier over seas. So, they have been developing them here and hope to begin manufacturing them in North Carolina; along side all the other door panels for the later year models. The cost will be a little more but sounds like they should be a high quality replication of what came off the factory floor. I'm excited to see what they release. It sounds like they went back and forth on bringing it inhouse as they don't sell near the quantity for those year models. I'm glad they pulled the trigger.

He did say that they are just now beginning to get back to pre Covid supplies. Which is interesting. He didn't mention labor issues but did say that a machine shop in North Carolina that they use for visor parts went out of business. So, while labor may not be an issue, partners may be an issue.

Anyway, I'm going to walk back my comments from earlier. If they can communicate like that then I'll keep doing business with them.
Im happy to hear you were actually able to speak with Randy. I know they have been struggling, with numerous issues.
We used to speak on a regular basis, but when they started getting extremely busy, I left him alone. He helped me out immensely with my seats I was restoring. But now that I'm no longer doing seats, I really don't have a need to speak with him on a regular basis. But I do still use them for lots of other supplies.
Hang in there, they will be worth the wait. Of course I didn't have to wait as long as most of the others have, because I got my door panels right before COVID hit. But if I had to wait 3 years on another set of door panels, I would. That's how happy I was with my set.