The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-10-2020, 10:20 AM   #1
rharris

What about the K5 Blazer

Too bad GM hasn't shown interest in a K5. The 2021 Bronco looks pretty nice from the silhouettes.

The new Blazer is just a typical crossover SUV and I am not much of a fan. I know i would be interested if they made a new K5 with homage to yesteryear and todays engineering. I would be interested, but certainly wouldn't be able to afford it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4A3xjgZ4hY
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:34 PM   #2
Chevyland

Re: What about the K5 Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharris View Post
Too bad GM hasn't shown interest in a K5. The 2021 Bronco looks pretty nice from the silhouettes.

The new Blazer is just a typical crossover SUV and I am not much of a fan. I know i would be interested if they made a new K5 with homage to yesteryear and todays engineering. I would be interested, but certainly wouldn't be able to afford it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4A3xjgZ4hY
I’m not a Ford guy
But if I was , that commercial would get my attention
If I was in the market for a Bronco

I agree, the Chevy attempt at the new Blazer is definitely
Weak.......
Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 06:55 AM   #3
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

The new "Blazer" is just terrible and an insult to the name.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:12 AM   #4
rharris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
The new "Blazer" is just terrible and an insult to the name.
they could have at least put the "S" in front of it so it is more suiting.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:20 AM   #5
CG
BlahBlahBlah

The commercial didnt show a great pic so I googled it. I like it, always loved the first gen Broncos and the 21 does a decent job in the looks dept. I also really like the newest Mustangs. I think Ford got it right on those.

I think because Im biased Chevy should make a Retro Blazer, something that really captures the essence of the first gens. Course I wouldnt buy one ... Would cost way more money than I would want to spend at my age. But I would give a hearty thumbs up to anyone driving by in one haha!

Oops, just saw Chevy does make a new Blazer. Nothing like a real Blazer ... Pfffft! Pull yer head out Chevy =)

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 10:11 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

GM seems more caught up in "moving forward" style than going retro. Even the chiseled Camaro says the 2000s to me way more than the kinda sorta resemblance to the '69.

I always wished GM made the blazer the same size as the 67-77 Bronco, Scout, CJ5. I always wanted to downsize a 69-72 Blazer. Looking back to that time, GM did it's own thing then too. They made the blazer full-size using the light truck platform rather than a nimble trail machine. Well, they started what was to become the daily use SUV market with the 69-72 K/5. The Suburban is not exactly a 'sport' vehicle any more than a pickup is. They are at the 'utility' end of that spectrum and adaptable to sport. The Bronco went with the GM full-size idea and then came Plymouth/Dodge and the IH Terra. GM has set most trends in the US market with great concepts. But now I wish they could let themselves slip back in time, at least, with styling.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:02 AM   #7
flashed

I really like that Bronco but willl never own one , will cost way too much and I only buy what I can pay cash for . I dont like those pesky monthly payments that only go away when its worn out .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 02:03 PM   #8
truckster

In my opinion, the 69-72 Blazer is one of the most beautiful trucks ever made. I haven't found anything I'd rather drive, although my Z28 convertible is a lot of fun, and it's nice to be able to put the top up with the touch of a switch.
Old 07-11-2020, 02:09 PM   #9
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
In my opinion, the 69-72 Blazer is one of the most beautiful trucks ever made. I haven't found anything I'd rather drive, although my Z28 convertible is a lot of fun, and it's nice to be able to put the top up with the touch of a switch.
When I wander over to the Blazer side of the board it makes me think, man that would be cool to have. But then I see where the prices have gone, they have priced me out of the market (I still keep my eye out though for the elusive good deal).

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 02:18 PM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Don't get me wrong, I've owned and loved many Blazers and Jimmys in my life. I really enjoyed them and always had one until not so long ago. The 73-91s are awesome as well. But from the off road standpoint, I found myself thinking how cool a little one would be. I wanted what a Jeep was but wanted it to be a Chevy or GMC. The K/5s may be as big as a truck, but they are nimble as can be. Parallel parking is easy. I always wanted to put solid beefy axles and drivetrain under a '72 Chevy LUV since before Toyota came out with 4wds ('78).

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 03:28 PM   #11
mongocanfly
Post Whore

I saw one of the new blazers the other day...i just shook my head...while it's a decent looking ride, it's no blazer...just carrying the name is all its doing....
Several yrs ago when they said the bronco was coming back ,they released this concept drawing ...I thought they nailed it with this design...I'm not a ford guy but I'd drive this...
I googled the 2021 version .I'm still not a Ford guy..but I'm sure they'll sell like crazy..
It's hard to believe that the big3 havnt gone back to a true retro design on a new modern vehicle...
Attached Images

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver

Last edited by mongocanfly; 07-11-2020 at 03:36 PM.
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:01 PM   #12
rharris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
I saw one of the new blazers the other day...i just shook my head...while it's a decent looking ride, it's no blazer...just carrying the name is all its doing....
Several yrs ago when they said the bronco was coming back ,they released this concept drawing ...I thought they nailed it with this design...I'm not a ford guy but I'd drive this...
I googled the 2021 version .I'm still not a Ford guy..but I'm sure they'll sell like crazy..
It's hard to believe that the big3 havnt gone back to a true retro design on a new modern vehicle...
yes this one is my favorite. It's a shame it never was produced. It was in a movie with the Rock - i think Rampage.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:03 PM   #13
rharris

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
When I wander over to the Blazer side of the board it makes me think, man that would be cool to have. But then I see where the prices have gone, they have priced me out of the market (I still keep my eye out though for the elusive good deal).
i always wanted a 69-72 K5. So much that i have my super up for trade. I had a 71 K10 and driving it wasn't near as fun as my 2wd's so I sold it after about a month of ownership. I have had a few positive inquiries on the trade, just waiting to see if the right deal comes along. I know i would miss cruising in my 2wd.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:09 PM   #14
truckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Don't get me wrong, I've owned and loved many Blazers and Jimmys in my life. I really enjoyed them and always had one until not so long ago. The 73-91s are awesome as well. But from the off road standpoint, I found myself thinking how cool a little one would be. I wanted what a Jeep was but wanted it to be a Chevy or GMC. The K/5s may be as big as a truck, but they are nimble as can be. Parallel parking is easy. I always wanted to put solid beefy axles and drivetrain under a '72 Chevy LUV since before Toyota came out with 4wds ('78).
It seems crazy, but my K5 has a smaller turning radius than my Z28. Unless I break the rear tires loose on the Z28, of course.