The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2004, 12:16 AM   #1
67cst
i love summertime

just got pulled over

just coming home from and i got pulled over by the biggest prick cop ive ever met

first off he says " do you know how fast you were going?" i was like yeah, 55 tops, he said i was going 60. i was like you gotta be kidding me, then he was like " you been drinkin tonight?" i was like NO, then he said i had red eyes and asked if i was smokin dope or if i was doing drugs, i was like NO again, almost yelling, i said i just worked a 10 hour shift and my eyes were irritated with my contacts and being a welder my eyes are always red after a long day, i explained that to him, then he asked me for my lisence and was like what the hell is wrong with this? my lisnence is all taped together cause its old and thrashed from having it in my pocket for so long. he THEN walks around the truck and is like turn on your signals, high beams, low beams, brake lights etc, says that my right rear blinker is out, i know it isnt so i get out and leave it on and check it and im like looks fine to me, he was like well it is dim, you need new bulbs, by this point i was getting pissed off, i said this truck is 33 years old, this is how this stuff is, everything works fine! he finally took off, but what a prick, just out being their usual useless pieces of s h it

rant mode off-----

GLOVE BOX LIGHTS FORSALE, click link for info

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=273724

Last edited by 67cst; 10-29-2004 at 12:24 AM.
67cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:33 AM   #2
Spoof

I think you have a bad attitude about cops. It's called doing your job. He asked you legit questions and you get pissed at him? How exactly did he destroy your life?
Old 10-29-2004, 12:44 AM   #3
SweetandLong68
Your UncleBen

Hahah there is a bit of difference between having a bad attitude and having a legitimate complaint of a cops attitude and whatnot. It sounds like the cop just had nothing to do and wanted to get a little closer look at your truck...hahaha

lata
CHRIS
Old 10-29-2004, 12:49 AM   #4
kingsolver72
10/30/19

I don't think it is funny.The police officer was definitely messing with you.
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:51 AM   #5
1969 GMC

I feel for you Derek. Sounds like Mr. Power Trip was doing an excellent job of protecting and serving you by lying to you about your turn signal and wasting your time simultaneously. At least you didn't get a ticket
1969 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:52 AM   #6
whitesswj
Embrace the Redneck

i agree w/ sweet. I've been pulled over before and got asked the same questions except he said that i crossed the center line when infact i was crossing from 3 lanes to 4 and went over the yellow to get into the propper lane. he then looked at me with his light in my super light sentisive eyes and asked me if i've been drinking and i said i go to a bible college and we're in the middle of midterms.

I've also gotten a ticket for not having a liscince plate light. He didnt' even know what the ordance number or fine was. I had to call it in and they didn't know i had to wait about an hour for that to show.

They're just doing their job and if i get in the middle then so be it.

my .02 sswj

Son, you just can't get there from here...
whitesswj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:56 AM   #7
70short

Thumbs down

Is that what you call that "doing his job" Sounds like HARASSMENT to me.
Weiand Stealth Intake
HEI
shorty Headers
4/2 Drop
295 50R 15 TOYO on 10 inch wide corvette rally rims at all 4 corners.
"CHEVY RULES"
70short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:58 AM   #8
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

Disagree totally Spoof. Cop was ok pulling over for speeding. Everything else was designed to get the driver to incrimenate himself. If he wanted to be a d!(K, he should have just issued the speeding ticket after accertaining his victim was Joe taxpayer on his way home. There was no need of hasseling him on a minor infraction.
When I am pulled over (been over 5 years ago) I give yes no answers to pertinant questions only. I'd just assume take the ticket.
"Do you know how fast you were going?"
"No."
"Drivers license, proof of insurance, please."
"Here you go, Officer."
"Where you headed?"
"Is there anything else you need, Officer?"
"I have you doing 52 in a 45mph zone."
"Ok."
He grumpily handed me my ticket and off I went.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:06 AM   #9
67cst
i love summertime

spoof--i dont have a bad attitude about all cops, one of my best friends parents are both cops, they are some of the nicest people ive ever met, this guy was just an asshole, his tone with me was way out of line, major power trip, and assuming i was some punk kid etc, i was just blown away when he asked it i was a drug user, i felt like asking him if he was, like what the hell, i dont know, maybe im a bit over tired, i just hate being harassed

GLOVE BOX LIGHTS FORSALE, click link for info

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=273724
67cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 01:23 AM   #10
kingsolver72
10/30/19

There are bad apples in every walk of life(Police are not immune).I would be upset too.Derek you sound smarter than me.You handled the situation the right way.My hat is off to you
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 01:32 AM   #11
Russell
Professional Grade

I'm with Derek on this one. Sounds like he was powertripping. I have nothing against cops until they start with the power trip. I got pulled over for a routine check infront of our school a couple of weeks ago, I had borrowed a buddy's truck during my spare to go and shoot a video for a class project, but since I never drive anyone else's truck and leave my license in my glove box, it didn't even occur to me that I didn't have it on me. Anyways, I was pulling into the school yard when the police officer stopped me like everyone else, found that I didn't have my license on my, and immediately assumed that I stole the truck (even though I was heading to the back to park it!) So he arrested me infront of everyone, and tossed me in the back of his police car. I sat there for a good hour before he finished with me. He kept asking me where I went, why I was driving someone else's truck, and other questions about wether I had any previous criminal record or driving infractions. He finally let me out just as my buddy pulls up with another buddy of mine, he confirms to the police officer that I had every permission to drive the vehicle, along with my identity (I didn't have any ID on me at all) and so on, the police officer was downright rude the whole time, treating me like a criminal while I was nearly bawling in the back of his car. I was scared to heck, and he just played with me while I was like that. He gave me my 200 dollar ticket for not having my license, and went on to pull another kid over.

This cop is always camping at our school, he gives unfair tickets over exhaust and even loose parts on vehicles / burnt out lights etc, and is always rude to everyone who gets pulled over. I just wish I could record the way he talks to everyone, and take him down at city hall for misconduct. There is no way that you should get a ticket for a burnt out marker light, and a loose tailpipe (as what happened to a guy who drives a beat up Chevette to school every day) Esspecially when you are a good driver and never do anything to deserve it. The last time my buddy got pulled over in the Chevette, the officer told him to turn his lights on to check for burnt out bulbs, my buddy simply said that he doesn't have to do anything for him, that it wasn't night and that there was no reason for his lights to be on. Officer got real mad over that one, but thankfully he couldn't find anything to ticket him for...

The part that bugs me most is that there are kids who drive down a nearby road at 100 mph where the speedlimit is 50 mph, and end up with a warning, while having a burnt out marker light and loose tailpipe will land you a several hundred dollar ticket that adds up to MORE than doing twice the limit down a nearby road would be. I swear, this officer has no idea what mercy means, he simply writes his tickets out all day long. I've been pulled over several times before just for his "routine checks" checks my registration and insurance every single time, even though my registration was fine a few weeks earlier... I swear, he pulls you over to look for problems with your vehicle, then gives you tickets.

Last edited by Russell; 10-29-2004 at 01:39 AM.
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 01:57 AM   #12
botboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
I'm with Derek on this one. Sounds like he was powertripping. I have nothing against cops until they start with the power trip. I got pulled over for a routine check infront of our school a couple of weeks ago, I had borrowed a buddy's truck during my spare to go and shoot a video for a class project, but since I never drive anyone else's truck and leave my license in my glove box, it didn't even occur to me that I didn't have it on me. Anyways, I was pulling into the school yard when the police officer stopped me like everyone else, found that I didn't have my license on my, and immediately assumed that I stole the truck (even though I was heading to the back to park it!) So he arrested me infront of everyone, and tossed me in the back of his police car. I sat there for a good hour before he finished with me. He kept asking me where I went, why I was driving someone else's truck, and other questions about wether I had any previous criminal record or driving infractions. He finally let me out just as my buddy pulls up with another buddy of mine, he confirms to the police officer that I had every permission to drive the vehicle, along with my identity (I didn't have any ID on me at all) and so on, the police officer was downright rude the whole time, treating me like a criminal while I was nearly bawling in the back of his car. I was scared to heck, and he just played with me while I was like that. He gave me my 200 dollar ticket for not having my license, and went on to pull another kid over.

This cop is always camping at our school, he gives unfair tickets over exhaust and even loose parts on vehicles / burnt out lights etc, and is always rude to everyone who gets pulled over. I just wish I could record the way he talks to everyone, and take him down at city hall for misconduct. There is no way that you should get a ticket for a burnt out marker light, and a loose tailpipe (as what happened to a guy who drives a beat up Chevette to school every day) Esspecially when you are a good driver and never do anything to deserve it. The last time my buddy got pulled over in the Chevette, the officer told him to turn his lights on to check for burnt out bulbs, my buddy simply said that he doesn't have to do anything for him, that it wasn't night and that there was no reason for his lights to be on. Officer got real mad over that one, but thankfully he couldn't find anything to ticket him for...

The part that bugs me most is that there are kids who drive down a nearby road at 100 mph where the speedlimit is 50 mph, and end up with a warning, while having a burnt out marker light and loose tailpipe will land you a several hundred dollar ticket that adds up to MORE than doing twice the limit down a nearby road would be. I swear, this officer has no idea what mercy means, he simply writes his tickets out all day long. I've been pulled over several times before just for his "routine checks" checks my registration and insurance every single time, even though my registration was fine a few weeks earlier... I swear, he pulls you over to look for problems with your vehicle, then gives you tickets.
We had a real ass like that at our high school too...was constantly patrolling the lot the first day of every month trying to give out tab tickets. Apparently for a lot of cops "serving and protecting" takes a backseat to fundraising.

I have a solution though. Electrically isolate the DS windshield wiper (pull the rod, put some rubber grommets in where bearings go, etc), then wire a tazer to the vehicles chassis, then wire the opposite polarity to the elecrically isolated wiper, and leave it on, make sure there's something wrong with the truck (like...say...expired tabs), and park it in a place where you know the pr!ck is going to be patrolling. Watch, laugh.
botboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 02:17 AM   #13
Alexis
Member since 2000

That must of been some fast horse

sorry
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 07:21 AM   #14
cochran63

Aren't "routine checks" or spot checks illegal here in the states? Sounds like an unreasonable search to me.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:39 AM   #15
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

I've dealt with cops like that they are a pain, I also have 6 buddies that are cops. They even say some cops let it go to there head about the power they have, it makes a small boy a BIG man, or something like that. Sounds like your guy was a small boy!!!
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 08:51 AM   #16
72gord
Never enough time!!

Your on the money Tee! Also up here in my area, if your parent is on the village board or you have "the right last name" you can pretty much do as you please; but if you don't you have to really watch over your shoulder. My oldest son got a speeding ticket from the local Barney Fife,35 in a 25; while my non-local milk truck driver and I were talking one day he said he was stopped by the same cop in the same place for doing 50 in the 25 zone with a quad axle milk truck, he got off with only a warning while my son paid $125.50 and 4 points! When we sent the ticket in, we sent a note with a question pertaining to this situation, but got no response. Go figure!
72gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 09:05 AM   #17
Solver

My youngest son did an article for his school paper about the school vehicle type of harassment and then got pulled over twice the next couple of days for a dirty rear license plate.
  • 1972 Cheyenne Super 10 LWB-green
  • 1972 GMC 4x4 LWB-White
  • 1971 Cheyenne 10 LWB-Ochre
  • 1971 Cheyenne 20 Longhorn-Copper
  • 1971 Cheyenne 20 Longhorn-Black
  • 1969 Custom 10 LWB-lt blue
  • 1968 GMC 3/4 ton-green
  • 1968 1/2 ton swb stepside-silver
  • 1967 Chevrolet CST 10 LWB-green
  • 1967 Chevrolet custom 20 LWB-Maroon
Solver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 09:56 AM   #18
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

I'm amazed that he let you get out of the car. Cops around here are so paranoid that getting out of your car is grounds for a shootin.

I agree with a little bit of everyone. Yeah, he's just doing his job but than again I have certainly run into a few ball busters. I just pretty much pull what chickenwing pulls, the old "yes sir, no sir" routine. The key though is to be as honest and polite as possible. If you have been pulled over for speeding, and you know it (and you definately know it), when the cop asks you "do you know why I pulled you over" just say "yes sir, I was speeding". You'll be amazed at how many cops will let you off because you weren't playing the "I don't know what your talking about officer" card. Police officers aren't stupid so don't play stupid games with them or they will definately nail you. Believe me, I know from experiance.

Got rid of my projects for now.
1980 Jeep CJ7
1998 Nissan Sentra (my car)
2001 Toyota Sienna (wife's, of course)
spencra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:27 AM   #19
dylan1970

I pretty well do what chickenwing does.... Yes or no answers and take the ticket.. I don't need them to point out every little thing wrong with my truck because I know there are some things that are just plain illegal.. I have clear tail lights side marker lights and no lights for my licence plate. I don't want them to give me anymore tickets than want.
dylan1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:28 AM   #20
lukecp
Formerly yellow72custom

I also dealt with a huge asshole cop about a month ago. It was about 1:00 on a Saturday morning, i was sitting at a stoplight with 2 friends in the car. This girl in a white Chrysler pulled up next to us. When the light turned green she took off really fast. I accelerated to 45 and then started slowing down when she kept flying off. I was in my Saturn, so with 3 people in it it took awhile to get going to speed. Then, we both got pulled over.
The cop (highway patroll) walked up to my car, told me to give him my lisence and go to the sherrif's office. I asked where the sherrif's office was and then he yelled "GIVE ME YOUR LISENCE AND GO TO THE SHERRIF'S OFFICE!!" So i gave him my lisence. That was the start of his attitude problem. Anyway, so he gets the girl's lisence too, and drives off making us follow him to the office. We parked on the lot. First he talked to the girl. Then he came down to me, started asking me all these questions. First he asked if we were drag racing. I said not really, then he told me that i needed more tickets and threatned to give me enough to revoke my lisence. Then he said he had a prisioner in the back of the car and it would be really easy for him to throw me in the back with him and take me to jail. He wouldn't lisetn to anything i said, just shook his head and disaggreed. Then, the kicker. He handed me a ticket for 60 in a 35! 25mph over when i was going 10mph over the speed limit. Also threatned to give me a ticket for "accelerating while being passed", which he said was 8 points on my lisence. Got home and looked it up and it was 2 points Also said he gave me the same ticket as the girl, who was going MUCH faster than i was, and the method for giving the ticket was the "pace" method instead of the radar. The girl was fairly hot though, and i wanted to talk to her after the dick, err officer, got done with us but she drove off crying.

Anyway, the ticket is $208, laywer fees were $200, plus a $40 court cost. Still not taken care of yet but i should be able to get it off my record. Just ended up taking $450 of MY money by an a$$hole cop who wrote me a ticket for a crime i did not commit to the degree he said i did.

Another thing is i don't know what it is with me, but i have terrible luck with traffic tickets. This is #4 for me and i've been driving for a little over 4 years. I don't speed all the time (usually maybe 3mph over the limit), i use my blinker, i stop at stop signs, i'd say out of all my friends i drive the most conservatively, yet get tickets up the rear. I don't even drive cop-magnet vehicles either....guess i've just got bad luck.

Last edited by lukecp; 10-29-2004 at 11:43 AM.
lukecp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 05:10 PM   #21
zooza

I treat motorists as i expect my mother or wife to be treated on the stop. I give more breaks to citizens than i should. I dont show favoritism to females ( no matter how HOT she is) . I dont treat people like crap anytime ! If i'm badmouthed by a driver I just keep writing. I dont write tickets 3 mph. over the limit. if I'm unsure i dont stop the violator. I check out the passengers in the vehicle and their story if he or she just lost their job or look like it I'm not going to ad to their woes!
We are all human and I'm not above anyone Its just my job and I love it because I influence people in ways that might save their life, or your life! Flame away i dont care!
zooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 05:15 PM   #22
Russell
Professional Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooza
I treat motorists as i expect my mother or wife to be treated on the stop. I give more breaks to citizens than i should. I dont show favoritism to females ( no matter how HOT she is) . I dont treat people like crap anytime ! If i'm badmouthed by a driver I just keep writing. I dont write tickets 3 mph. over the limit. if I'm unsure i dont stop the violator. I check out the passengers in the vehicle and their story if he or she just lost their job or look like it I'm not going to ad to their woes!
We are all human and I'm not above anyone Its just my job and I love it because I influence people in ways that might save their life, or your life! Flame away i dont care!

You, sir, are the type of person we need on our police force.

We need men and women who are out to get the bad guys, not make life hard for the good guys
Old 10-29-2004, 05:23 PM   #23
lukecp
Formerly yellow72custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooza
You sound like the kind of law enforcement officer we need more of!

I see nothing wrong with getting a ticket if i'm breaking the law. However i still expect to be treated with respect myself if i treat the officer with respect. Alot don't seem to see this. I've dealt with nice officers who have given me tickets, and total a$$es too.
lukecp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 05:23 PM   #24
zooza

Thank you , I guess mom did allright. But i cant appologize for other officers actions cause i would be doing that forever. There are good violators and bad violators just like officers.
Oh yeah, about the getting out of the car statement earlier in this post.... There are people all over this country that kill for a couple of dollars to buy little rocks to get high on. My uniform wont stop them from jumping out of the vehicle and shooting me Because i'm getting in the way of their high. its not paranoid its safe. also on the average stop i dont want you getting out of your vehicle for your safety. i'm responsible for your safety as well as mine !
zooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 05:32 PM   #25
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

HEY ZOOZA, THEY ARE INTERVIEWING HERE AGAIN AND ONCE AGAIN I DID
NOT GET A CALL, NOT SURE WHY, MY TEST SCORE WAS BETTER THAN 1/2
OF THE LAST BATCH HIRED AROUND HERE, OH WELL, I GUESS I'M CURSED.
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote