The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-09-2020, 11:04 PM   #51
franken

Re: Slowly Slowing Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
For years now, I've been denied access to posting of any kind after my paid membership expired. I've been here for a decade and feel that I have contributed a fair amount to the sites content, especially in the realm of original type trucks. I'm being flat honest when I say it's kinda maddening to get "cut off" after letting a subscription lapse for a few days. Makes me feel like the folks that run the site are in it only for the money. That's reason enough for me to look for other venues, however flawed they may be.
As far as the rude "use the search feature" reply goes, I'll defend that one. You see, some people don't even know it's there to use. Others are just lazy. And then some feel it's a bother to wade through endless repetitive pulp about "what size tires can I run after my drop", while browsing for something interesting. Many, many pertinent questions have already been asked and answered effectively and completely with pictures to illustrate. It's all there for you .. that is, if you use the search feature.
Hmmm ... was that a rant? ...sorta felt like it .. but not really how I wanted ...
If you can't post, how did you post the quoted message?
I agree on the not searching point. I figure it's like hunting vs. asking for something when asking is more difficult. Posting a question and waiting takes linger than searching the internet and sifting.
I look at work related forums and people will paste an error containing a description of what the issue is, but not comprehend what it says. If a message says, can't read X file, why ask others to tell you to go look at why X file can't be read?
If someone can't be troubled to do a one second search of the internet, or read an error message, not so many people are going to be sympathetic. That said, people do try to help--even the rude replies are pushing in the right direction.
Then there's the concept that all trucks are C10s--groan.
Finally, yes, the other media are diluting the pool of eyes available to be here or there.

Last edited by franken; 09-09-2020 at 11:15 PM.
franken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 01:52 AM   #52
oem4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by franken View Post
If you can't post, how did you post the quoted message?
I paid. No pay, no post, anywhere. And trust me, it's not the amount, but the policy.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:04 AM   #53
Mack B

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
I paid. No pay, no post, anywhere. And trust me, it's not the amount, but the policy.
Have you talked with the administrators about this? Something is broken, I use to be a supporting member but can still post after turning pink.

I joined around the time Delmo and Dino had active build threads, there was a much bigger following then. The first page would be filled up with new posts daily, and there was lots more activity in the build threads and parts boards. I've taken large breaks from being active so I can't say it's been a linear decline. I can say I've been greatful to have this resource for both technical information and inspiration when I needed it....even if everyone here is getting older and saltier
Mack B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:16 AM   #54
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack B View Post
Have you talked with the administrators about this? Something is broken, I use to be a supporting member but can still post after turning pink.

I joined around the time Delmo and Dino had active build threads, there was a much bigger following then. The first page would be filled up with new posts daily, and there was lots more activity in the build threads and parts boards. I've taken large breaks from being active so I can't say it's been a linear decline. I can say I've been greatful to have this resource for both technical information and inspiration when I needed it....even if everyone here is getting older and saltier :lol:
Geez. Us.... I just went back through this thread @ all the posters 'join dates'.... I'm the old-timer. But, I still contribute like I always have.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:44 AM   #55
LostMy65
But Found Her 25yrs Later!

I can post when I'm pink.
But if I want to post in marketplace, I have to subscribe.

66 C20 Service Truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428035
LostMy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 08:31 PM   #56
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

I joined 13 years ago, and was quite active- probably 6 months to a year after Dino and Delmo "left" (both switched to instagram) I slowed down on the board a ton-
I spent most of my time on facebook, and joined 20 or more 60-66 groups, however I have since unfollowed all of them except one that I started about crew cabs--- I found the content wanting, and the scattered wrong answers to questions were hard to deal with- the platform is horrible, if you are in 20 different groups , good luck ever finding a post you want to go back to.
...all that said, I have not been working on my 60-66's at all in the last few years- I have been working on other projects, not related to the board.

I do miss the days of heavy activity on this board, sometimes there would be over 100 people on all at once during peak weekend, or evening hours, and there was some great posting and comradery to be had-- I miss those days.
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote