The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2020, 03:41 PM   #1
51 3600

Need help with glass and a gauge part

I'm getting glass for my cab cut by a friend of mine who has a glass shop locally. Have all original pieces for templates except for the back glass. I have 2/3 of a piece. Balance of it disintegrated when removed years ago. Can anyone give me the width (left to right) of the back glass at it's widest point? This is for a '51 if it makes a difference.

Also, I'm modifying my stock speedo by substituting a electronic Speed Hut unit for the original. I'm hoping someone has an old cluster gauge mask they can part with the center piece circled in red in the pic. Condition of rest of the mask is unimportant as long as that center piece, especially the chrome ring, is in good shape. Can't use the similar piece from the speedo as that has a hole for the odometer. Don't know if masks are different throughout the years. Again, this is for a '51.

Name:  Cluster Mask 002.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  65.1 KB

Thanks in advance for any help.

'51 3600, LS5.3, 4L60e, Danforth cross., Blazer front susp., Borg Warner 9 bolt 3.27 GR, Wrangler leafs
51 3600 is offline   Reply With Quote