The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-26-2002, 02:42 PM   #1
Fast68Chevy
Account Suspended

Post hmmmm trade Z28 for F250, hmmm

had a guy i know stop by just now, has a 88 F250 pickup 351 and 4 speed manual and runs good and new tires and no major rust, actually less than the 84 Z28 that i have does.
he said he would trade the truck for the maro if i put headlienr and stuff back in it after i told him I am looking for a truck and nee done right now, he has tried ot sell truck in the past for little over a year now for a little more than what the maro is worth/what I got it for

hmmm wonder if i should, if it was a chevy truck then i woulda done did a swap right here right now, but its a ford, so hmmm

what you guys think ?

does anyoen know anyone in IL who would be interested in a daily driver 84 Z28 V8 700r4 3.73 T tops car to fix up(normal rust spots and few dings and bad windshield and other smaller stupid stuff to do to it- the usual stuff on these cars is needed) to buy or trade for chevy truck of some kind ? around $1100 range

thanks
------------------
Randy- Lincoln, IL

r68c30@hotmail.com 2177353230
-71 C-10 350/CH465/3.07, assemble it, yeah right, that'll happen in this world,(not)
-84 Z28 Camaro 5.0L 700R4, 3.73, beater, paid way too much for it like an idiot,,
-84 Firebird SE 2.8L T-5, rod knocking, dammit,,
-82 Firebird 350 4bolt (TBL)/TH350, not running, dammit...
buy/sell/hoard/trade most any GM vehicle parts of any kind
-parting out: '81 Cutlass Supreme Brougham
*Paint is overrated
© RSS Enterprises 2000

[This message has been edited by Fast68Chevy (edited April 26, 2002).]
Fast68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 02:48 PM   #2
Desert Rat

dude do it you need a truck.just put bowtie stickers in the back window.you have been talking how bad you need a truck.Just dont look at it.And if the other vehicle is dead its alot easier to sell something that runs,especially a truck.Heck we have a Nissan,but i know where my heart it.
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 02:49 PM   #3
paintpyro

Fast, at this point, with evrything you are tryin to do, I'd do it, F*&d or not. It goes, it stops, and you havent taken it apart. Then just drive it. Use it to get rid of your scrap, parts, etc. This is an opportunity for you to get movin.
rallys and BFGs
-We can rebuild it, we have the technology-lower,shinier,faster
paintpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 03:13 PM   #4
Alexis
Member since 2000

"and you havent taken it apart." ROTFLMFAO, that was pretty dam funny

------------------
Britney: 1970 2wd K/5 Blazer (Frame up)
Jessica: 1967 2wd SWB (daily driver)
Helga: 1972 4x4 3/4ton LWB (daily driver)

AIM:Alexmart1
Mountain View, Cali

Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 03:40 PM   #5
lux hauler
Psycho-billy Member

I would......you could put all your parts in the back of that truck and head to a swap meet somewhere and make some money for your self. Besides making a little money you'd get the city off your back.
That 250 is a stout truck and the 351 is a pretty good motor. For an even trade, I don't think you can beat it.

Support your community, support yourself. Buy local, buy American (or Canadian).
lux hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 03:49 PM   #6
Desert Rat

Yeah just do it before he changes his mind!!!!I wouldnt care if it was a VW truck conversion as long as you can haul crap in it,and its safe and legal.Just leave it alone put gas in it,and dont try to stuff some big caddy motor in it or anything.Just drive it and ignore it,whats a 84 Z28???Nothing here,dude there almost free.Come to AZ with a running ford pu in this town Indians and Mexican folk buy them up.good start to hauling crap to the dump,swapmeet and get the hell outta town,hell even pull a trailer if theres something you gotta keep!!
Old 04-26-2002, 03:52 PM   #7
paintpyro

My point exactly. Here it is man, right in front of you, now is your chance.
rallys and BFGs
-We can rebuild it, we have the technology-lower,shinier,faster
paintpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 03:53 PM   #8
Desert Rat

**** dude you need it to haul that gf of yours in general discussion around in!!!
Dude you could put a canopy and sleep in it if you had to,if you really want to move as bad as you say-sometimes whatever it take,but leave that gf behind,AZ has some of the hottest women ive noticed!!
Old 04-26-2002, 07:50 PM   #9
Fast68Chevy
Account Suspended

thats another thing ive heard about AZ lately is the women factor, sounds interesting to me, so the mexicans like fords ? interesting also, i wouldnt know, there arent any here, so,

basically the deal is that the guy says his wife cant drive a stick and the truck is a 4 speed and i love 4 speed more than auto and i worry that if something stupid goes wrong with car if we traded then he would come back being pissy about it, maybe i could give hima few bucks to keep him happy if that did happen, i dunno, hmm im thinking aobut it, its a ford though, lol at Alex, that was a good one, and Micah, whats up with this g/f thing in gen disc ?!

thanks

Old 04-26-2002, 08:06 PM   #10
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Just be sure to tell him everything you know that is wrong with it, and it is an as is deal. I hate to say it, but you'll be out of there some time soon right? who cares if it takes a sh!t on him. For all you know, the ford will go first.
Do it. Here is your stock, daily driver, tough ass truck.

------------------
'69 G.M.C. 350/350. Trying to clean up the left over damage from the Dope-Smokin-Old-Man
I've been dubbed the Longhorn Freak/Fanatic/Expert, I just hope I can live up to it.
FINALLY got the HORNIAC...a '70 one ton Longhorn with a Pontiac 350/350 and lots of 'personality'. Check out The Longhorn Webite.
If you need a pic posted, E-mail me at longhornmail@yahoo.com
Andy, in Columbus Ohio

Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 08:11 PM   #11
68SWB4x4
Strongman Garage

being its a f250 wouldnt it have 4:10 or so gears?
would it be able to drive fast enough on the freeway to get you to AZ, or SOMEWHERE?

------------------
My Truck pictures

www.xframeimpala.com

68 4x4 short fleetside 327 CH465 edelbrock intake and carb MSD distributor its the "SHAGROLET"
56 big window short stepside 235 dual 1 brls
64ImpalaSS 327
70 C10 LWB fleetside custom/10 350/TH350
IM me on aol SN= SHAGROLET

68SWB4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 08:18 PM   #12
Desert Rat

Make sure you tell him as is,or maybe hell understand tap,tap no trade back?
Dont worry about if something goes wrong with it,sometimes that happens when you buy a car.Get a canopy a matress get in that ford forklift gf and head the the west.might want air shocks!!!!Dude your the one that asked me to post you and her pics.Be nice to her shes a treasure.
Old 04-26-2002, 09:24 PM   #13
racedvl
Account Suspended

Cool

I would trade it!!

------------------

http://hometown.aol.com/racedvl/racedvl69index.html

Woodstock,IL.northwest of Chicago

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!!

I did not climb to the top of the food chain, to become a vegetarian.

For some pics of my truck.

racedvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 09:37 PM   #14
Fast68Chevy
Account Suspended

axle came out of a 70 something F250 that another guy had and was used as a tree cutting truck that was heavier than this 250, axle is different than the original one i remember, i helped replace it,
i imagine gears are 4.10, i have driven it several times its a 4 speed, the tires are really tall and new, would be great on freeway

im gonna go talk to him tommorrow if I can get a hold of him and see if maybe he will follow through with this, do some dealing with him on it and see,.., never know.,
I really dislike ford V8's, they are a pain in the *ss, if it was a 6 cyl then id be all over it and excited, but im not,

[This message has been edited by Fast68Chevy (edited April 26, 2002).]