The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-20-2023, 06:34 PM   #1
_mg

K10 Factory Stance

My 1964 K10 front end is about 2" lower than the rear and I would like it to be level. I was thinking of buying new leaf springs, 0" lift in the rear and 2" lift in the front. But, not sure if the springs and other parts are worn so before I buy the 2" lift, was the factory stance level?
_mg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 02:25 PM   #2
bsarts

Re: K10 Factory Stance

That probably is the factory stance, my K20 is that way...
bsarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 04:35 PM   #3
Southcity

Quote:
Originally Posted by _mg View Post
My 1964 K10 front end is about 2" lower than the rear and I would like it to be level. I was thinking of buying new leaf springs, 0" lift in the rear and 2" lift in the front. But, not sure if the springs and other parts are worn so before I buy the 2" lift, was the factory stance level?
Any side view stance photos you can share? is the 2" an actual measurement between front/rear height?
Old 08-21-2023, 09:17 PM   #4
_mg

My "scientific" approach was to put a level on both the front fender and the rear box and lift the front end until they both showed level. When I did that, I measured the difference between the original front end height and front end level position, 2" difference.

I would like it to be level so I am thinking about the 2" spring lift from Detroit Eaton Springs. But they have a clause stating the lift ones are not returnable. So I hoping the original stance was lower in the front and the new springs will give me the look I want, not something higher. If that makes sense.
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2023, 11:31 AM   #5
Southcity

Thanks for the info and pic. The concept of getting your ride "level" make sense to me. I own a 66 K10 Suburban and was trying to determine if there might be any measurements I could pull from my ride that could help you out but not certain if the 64 K10 and 66 K10-Sub suspensions are/were setup the same. I was also curious if this is how the 64's were from factory or maybe front spring packs have worn/settled over time etc? Perhaps others more knowledgeable than me will chime in but happy to help where I can, PM me if you need any info, measurements, pics for comparison.
Old 08-22-2023, 03:43 PM   #6
Southcity

A quick and very "non-scientific" measurement on my 66 K10 Suburban seems to indicate a very slight un-levelness where rear end sits a bit higher than front (stock suspension). Worth mentioning, the wheel wells on the K10 Suburban are such that the front is much larger than the rear, so it tricks the eye and makes it appear that the front is higher. A level on the front fender indicates almost level, a very very slight lean that favors the front being just "slightly" lower than rear.
Old 08-22-2023, 04:50 PM   #7
Arne

I don't know about the '60-66 K's, but I recall that stock '67-72 and square body K's all sat about an inch lower in front when new. So it wouldn't surprise me if the '60-66 were the same.

覧覧覧覧覧覧
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 08:00 PM   #8
_mg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southcity View Post
A quick and very "non-scientific" measurement on my 66 K10 Suburban seems to indicate a very slight un-levelness where rear end sits a bit higher than front (stock suspension). Worth mentioning, the wheel wells on the K10 Suburban are such that the front is much larger than the rear, so it tricks the eye and makes it appear that the front is higher. A level on the front fender indicates almost level, a very very slight lean that favors the front being just "slightly" lower than rear.
Thank you Southcity.
Old 08-23-2023, 08:01 PM   #9
_mg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne View Post
I don't know about the '60-66 K's, but I recall that stock '67-72 and square body K's all sat about an inch lower in front when new. So it wouldn't surprise me if the '60-66 were the same.
Thank you Arne.
Old 08-23-2023, 08:46 PM   #10
_mg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarts View Post
That probably is the factory stance, my K20 is that way...
Thank you bsarts.