The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-01-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
Big-Blue

Al's Liner or Raptor Bedliner as undercoating?

Has anyone used Al's Liner or Raptor Bedliner on their truck? It always looks great in every photo I have seen but I haven't seen a long term test or even photo.
Big-Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
Musclerodz

Re: Al's Liner or Raptor Bedliner as undercoating?

Have not heard of Al's, but we have used Raptor on the last few vehicles with good success.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
capev86

i hear Al's liner is awesome, but it may run when you spray it....someone to think about. supposed to be superior to most professionally applied products. i want to use it on all my vehicles when i do body off restos.....coat anything that will see road salt or water (under carpets) and the frame. poly won't flake off or let moisture underneath it, unlike rubberized undercoating and ziebard.
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #4
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Take a look here-LINK It's getting a nice response in the Review Forum.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #5
Canadian Mobile Coat

Quote:
Originally Posted by capev86 View Post
i hear Al's liner is awesome, but it may run when you spray it....someone to think about. supposed to be superior to most professionally applied products. i want to use it on all my vehicles when i do body off restos.....coat anything that will see road salt or water (under carpets) and the frame. poly won't flake off or let moisture underneath it, unlike rubberized undercoating and ziebard.
Hi there! I just was going through the boards and came across this post so I wanted to comment.

You are incorrect as Al's Liner will not run. Al's has far less thinners in it than any other liner kit out there so it goes on thicker and will not run as the hang on it when coating the side of a box for example is excellent. For this reason Al's Liner can not be rolled on and should be sprayed with the Al's Liner Hopper Gun. You are correct about everything else with Al's Liner. It is guaranteed not to deteriorate or fade from UV exposure as well and I have found this problem in the past with other liners, even Linex!

I have a proffessional coatings company in Vancouver Canada area and I have coated just about anything in most products and now swear by Al's! Al's is actually a professional Liner product manufactured, sold, and installed by Scorpion Coatings and just repackaged into a retail kit for the DIY guys as there is so many inferior products out there that call themselves a durable liner.

I have even made pond liners from it and used light blue tint, re-coated an old worn out fiberglass deck that was starting to leak in a medium grey, as well as the floors and trunk of my own 1969 Restomod Cougar XR7, the box of my and many other pick ups, and sell it to allot of the hot rod guys for coating the inside of their project cars as well as the wheel wells, etc. It is such a versatile product and so easy to spray.

I am a distributor of Al's in Canada and if you have any questions about it feel free to let me know by email, IM, or phone and I'd love to answer any questions or help you out.

Thanks!
Lee Fisher
www.canadianmobilecoatings.ca
Canadian Mobile Coat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
mbgmike

We are an AL's LINER distributor also and it is a great product. We also spray other brands We are going to try AL's on a boat trailer here on the Gulf. I think it will hold up. We charge anywhere from $275 to $299 to do a liner and if you are doing a bed with Al's it is a little less expensive for a 8 ft bed. Hve not done a frame or undercab yet but it should hold up fine.

Last edited by mbgmike; 10-06-2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Removed brand name-due to sublet product changed
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:54 AM   #7
ihatericeburners

I had a friend of a friend spay on the raptor liner. one month later the bed floor was craking and continued to crack until, well, now. But the problem is the f word didnt prep the bed properly and the old paint is peeling right up wil the liner. two kits/ 8 bottles total ( i think) went on. ABut i didnt have any proble with the tail gate and sides. They look great and also the texture is super nice. not like sandpaper and not globbed, just a nice even texture. also the price is nice
ihatericeburners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

A good liner will lift if paint under it isn`t bonded well.But,it should still hold together like a skin.Definately shouldn`t crack or break up.I`ve never had Line-X fade or any problems what so ever.They offer a UV protectant for a little more.I`ve heard good reports on Al`s.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 09-05-2009 at 06:19 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #9
Chada

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgmike View Post
We are an AL's LINER distributor also and it is a great product. We also spray LineX. We are going to try AL's on a boat trailer here on the Gulf. I think it will hold up. We charge anywhere from $275 to $299 to do a LineX liner and if you are doing a bed with Al's it is a little less expensive for a 8 ft bed. Hve not done a frame or undercab yet but it should hold up fine.
I called both Line X places around here and both of them quoted me 500 bucks to do my C-10 LWB! I wish I was closer to you guys....
Chada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:57 PM   #10
BarryB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chada View Post
I called both Line X places around here and both of them quoted me 500 bucks to do my C-10 LWB! I wish I was closer to you guys....
I'm a AL's Liner distributor also. I'm really like the stuff the more I use the better I like it. Contact me, I can ship it to your door if interested.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!

Last edited by BarryB; 09-04-2009 at 10:58 PM.
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #11
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chada View Post
We only do it here in the Houston location. Its too bad cause your in Midlothian to. We probably should raise our prices but haven't yet.

Last edited by mbgmike; 09-05-2009 at 09:32 AM.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:12 PM   #12
OlySezHey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgmike View Post
We are an AL's LINER distributor also and it is a great product. We also spray other brands We are going to try AL's on a boat trailer here on the Gulf. I think it will hold up. We charge anywhere from $275 to $299 to do a liner and if you are doing a bed with Al's it is a little less expensive for a 8 ft bed. Hve not done a frame or undercab yet but it should hold up fine.
Hi Mike
Curious what your thoughts are 10 years later;
Is Al's still the shiznit?
Still looks good after 10 years?
Any other products you've tried and rejected?
Done any frames and undercabs yet?
What are your prices these days?

Thanx 4 yer help!
Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21 🙏
'72 GMC C1500 Wide Side Sierra Grande
'77 Chevy C20 CCLB (went to go get it 4/29/19!!!)
'96 Chevy K2500 Ext cab
'97 Chevy K1500 Tahoe (I gotta stop lookin' at CraigsList when I'm bored!)
'57 Chevy 6400 (coolest piece yet )
OlySezHey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 12:21 PM   #13
webfoot

I used a kit from TCP Global, with the charcoal tint. Turned out great.

1970 K-20 4-speed, factory AC.
webfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:49 PM   #14
OlySezHey

That looks great! How long ago did you apply it?
Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21 🙏
'72 GMC C1500 Wide Side Sierra Grande
'77 Chevy C20 CCLB (went to go get it 4/29/19!!!)
'96 Chevy K2500 Ext cab
'97 Chevy K1500 Tahoe (I gotta stop lookin' at CraigsList when I'm bored!)
'57 Chevy 6400 (coolest piece yet )
OlySezHey is offline   Reply With Quote