The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-03-2019, 11:35 AM   #1
Cap'n Hook
Workin to live...

Anybody know this truck?

1968 C10

Looks to be a relative decent price for the amount of work put into this truck. Especially considering it’s at a dealer. I’d guess no less than $70k put into this. And I’m in the market to buy a similar build, something with LSx power, modern drivetrain, upgraded brakes, relocated fuel, etc.

Is there anything that stands out to you as a red flag with this build, other than it may not be your taste/style truck? And of course it’s opposite side of the country and I can’t just drive down and look, it’s in Illinois and I’m in central Texas.

The only thing that catches my eye out of shape is the tie rod boots look to be worn/torn. And the small window is not my favorite look, but acceptable.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:45 AM   #2
beaterku

Re: Anybody know this truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Hook View Post
1968 C10

Looks to be a relative decent price for the amount of work put into this truck. Especially considering it’s at a dealer. I’d guess no less than $70k put into this. And I’m in the market to buy a similar build, something with LSx power, modern drivetrain, upgraded brakes, relocated fuel, etc.

Is there anything that stands out to you as a red flag with this build, other than it may not be your taste/style truck? And of course it’s opposite side of the country and I can’t just drive down and look, it’s in Illinois and I’m in central Texas.

The only thing that catches my eye out of shape is the tie rod boots look to be worn/torn. And the small window is not my favorite look, but acceptable.
It's Vic's truck. He recently finished it and moved on to another project. Really nice build! He has a build thread the the build subforum.
beaterku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:29 PM   #3
Cap'n Hook
Workin to live...

Thanks for the info!
Old 04-03-2019, 12:36 PM   #4
weq92f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Hook View Post
Looks to be a relative decent price for the amount of work put into this truck. Especially considering it’s at a dealer.
...Yeah... and this particular dealer is one that usually has a large number of C10s posted on the auction site at highly inflated prices. Buyer beware!

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 05:34 PM   #5
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

Looks Purdy but I'd be wary about what it really is. It's advertised as a 68 but has a 67 cab, fenders and bed. I'd question if the VIN in door frame is for a 67 while frame VIN is from 68? Not sure, but I stay away from frankentrucks if at all possible.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 05:53 PM   #6
cornerstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressbog View Post
Looks Purdy but I'd be wary about what it really is. It's advertised as a 68 but has a 67 cab, fenders and bed. I'd question if the VIN in door frame is for a 67 while frame VIN is from 68? Not sure, but I stay away from frankentrucks if at all possible.
This truck is TOP NOTCH. Check out his build thread, under the name Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky, to see every detail.

I've seen the truck in person, and if you do like his style choices, BUY THIS TRUCK. If I was a buyer and not wanting to build my uncles truck, I'd gladly pay 50k for Vic's work. To get an idea of his talent go to the alternate tinkerings part of the forum and watch his new project, called California Dreamin'. He really is a craftsman.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.

Last edited by cornerstone; 04-03-2019 at 05:59 PM.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:26 PM   #7
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
This truck is TOP NOTCH. Check out his build thread, under the name Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky, to see every detail.

I've seen the truck in person, and if you do like his style choices, BUY THIS TRUCK. If I was a buyer and not wanting to build my uncles truck, I'd gladly pay 50k for Vic's work. To get an idea of his talent go to the alternate tinkerings part of the forum and watch his new project, called California Dreamin'. He really is a craftsman.
Chill Bro and stay in your own lane! OP asked for opinions of possible red flags. I offered my opinion as the vehicle is represented on EBay and I stand behind every word.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:52 PM   #8
Cap'n Hook
Workin to live...

I’m gonna agree with cornerstone after reading halfway thru this build. I’m definitely not capable of half the metal work done on this truck, and looks to be zero corners cut (lol, not literally). Looks exactly like something I’m interested in purchasing, after a little research.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:15 PM   #9
66clow

I think there is a location in Florida. Seems like these vehicles are over priced and do not appear as nice as the photos. You absolutely want to inspect in person vs just having it shipped to you.
Posted via Mobile Device
66clow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:24 PM   #10
OARNGESI

I never followed the build but I don’t see a 50k truck.
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:36 PM   #11
cornerstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressbog View Post
Chill Bro and stay in your own lane! OP asked for opinions of possible red flags. I offered my opinion as the vehicle is represented on EBay and I stand behind every word.
I assure you that I am completely chilled I wasn't trying to imply anything negative at all toward your comment, really. I can see how you may have viewed it that way, sorry about that. Your correct in that his truck is not original, as in all components coming from the same truck. I was only hoping to give the potential buyer confidence in the build quality of Vics last project.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote