The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #76
198plus

Re: my '64 c-10 swb project with steel floor from a '70

Nice work.....
198plus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #77
chad64chevy

thanks alan, flips, and 198plus! i know where im at on my truck it cant be compared to any of your guys trucks, yet i hope, lol!! but its just time and money that keeps us all from having are trucks done!! thanks for the comments guys, it encourages me to stay at it day to day doing something!! thanks again!!
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #78
57truckguy

great build,, looks like you are right on schedule.
57truckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #79
chad64chevy

thanks 57truckguy! i'll have some pictures up later today of some stuff i did this last week! anyways i like your truck, i seen some of your pictures on alans build very nice!!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #80
chad64chevy

ok guys heres a few things i have been doing, just haven't posted anything in a min. my lower rad. core support brace was usted pretty bad and very thin! so i went out bought so 1in. x 2in. c channel and cut it down to a 40in. piece took some measurements marked all my holes! then i had to grinded down the inside of the c channel in the corners cause its thinker and didnt want to fit tight like i was wanting it to! then i welded it in and bend the corners and welded everything up drilled my holes and painted it and it likes good as new!! i got my white gauge cluster faces and put them on, then i found out that you can get them done in any color and design you want you just got to pay extra! i got the speaker holes in the big window patch welded up and ready for me to put in the truck! i also got my other fender patch done! any ways on to the pictures!!
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #81
chad64chevy

some more pictures! i got to cut out a small patch to fix on the fender well lip, and i flipped the fender over and seen some small dents! so i started hammering them down just to find so bondo, i got to take it off but i got most of the dent out with about 5 mins worth of work! they used alot of bondo for some really small dents! but i think after i get the bondo off i got about another 5-10 mins and it will be straight again!
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #82
chad64chevy

after i get the small patch done and the bondo off and get them primered up! then i'm going to start welding bolt to the inside of the bumpers for a smooth look and get them atleast primered before it starts to get anymore colder here i still got other stuff to do before winter get here! and then its back to saving up for more stuff!!

Last edited by chad64chevy; 10-03-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #83
McMurphy

I like your thread, and like someone else said, it is really cool to see someone with my level of skill and budget doing this stuff.

You are going to have a great ride there when you get it done!

I found your build from another post, you should add your thread to your signature like most the other guys do, so it is one click for folks to come visit ya!

congrats so far, I hope to make some progress on mine this weekend too!

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #84
chad64chevy

thanks mcmurphy, i look at alot of threads on there to learn things! i've also seen your stepside your working on, i like the paint scheme you have for it that looks cool! anyways thanks for taking the time to post!! i think i got it figured out on adding my thread to my sig., i hope!! ok, it worked
Old 10-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #85
chad64chevy

well i thought i would update my thread! will really just to move it back up to the top, lol! i did double check my pass. fender on the truck, it's looks good! i haven't worked on my 64' lately cause i was working on a 99' silverado, i had two exhaust bolts on the same side, driver side the back two broke! i dont know why or how, but it has taken me two days and i'm still not done, yet!! the first day was taking evrything off, i had to pull the head to get to them! second day was a long day, i drilled them a lil smaller and used an easy-out on the first one it came out within 5 min., second one the easy-out broke! so had to use a carbide bit and buy a new easy-out, then cleaned everything, had my dad scrape and clean some parts why i started putting everything back together! what i have left to do is bolt on the coil pack, alt., throttle body, then put the belt on, add some coolant, plug in the spark plug wires, hook up the batt. and start it, i'll be doing this friday mourning!! so i can go see a fellow member 'JesseSimon' and get a few parts from him this weekend for the 64'! hopefully a windshield and both doors! my doors are ok but pass. door has a big dent and a crease in it and need small patches in both bottom corners, his look better, my driver door doesn't fit right like it should the top is kicked out some! so i hope his doors fit better and i can't beat the price, even thou his 2 hrs. away!! anyways wish me luck, lol!! i'll post something up this next week just been a lil busy with life and stuff!!

Last edited by chad64chevy; 10-12-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:20 PM   #86
chad64chevy

while i got the truck back together! runs alot better, lol!! i gave myself a pat on the back, i've never took a ls motor apart,i broke a qd connector for the heater! so i had to buy a new connector ($6.29) part! i took the whole topend off and got the exhaust bolts out and put everything back together drained the oil, filled it back up, and it fired right up (the second time), lol! had to get fuel back to the injectors! smoked a lil, had me worried but that because when i pulled the head off some coolant got into the exhaust pipe! i now see why shops charge so much to fit this kind of stuff, lol!! so anyways i'll be able to get back to the '64 and get a few more things done before winter gets here! i can't wait til i get my other inner fender and firewall cleaned and painted, so i can put the frontend back on for now and see how low the front sit with the extra weight! that and it will look whole again, lol!!
Old 10-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #87
chad64chevy

well got back about an hr. or so ago and i picked up the windshield and both doors from "JesseSimon"! the windshield is from his truck, that he was putting together! he happened to crack the other windshield before i got there, i think it was very cool of him to give me his windshield out of his truck!! thanks man!!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #88
chad64chevy

ok so i did a lil work to the truck this week! there was a crack the shape of a upside down "T" in the wheel lip on the pass. fender about 2in.x 2in.! i got that cut out and patched, grinded off all the bondo off the front of that fender to see how bad it was! really not that bad at all, i've seen way worse! they just put 1/4" of bondo on it to cover it all up! i didnt didnt start hammer on it yet but i will its weekend! i got both my inner fender cleaned and painted! i'm going to clean and paint the firewall this weekend or next week sometime and put the frontend back on for now! i had the cop called on me today for being too loud, grinding and hammering! so i guess i'll just have to go back to only working on it on the weekends at my g-mas house, atleast she lives in the country and they dont care how loud i get, lol!! anyways on to the pictures
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #89
flips72

fenders and inner fenders looking good,also nice job on repairing the speaker holes. stinks you have go to grandmas to work on your truck though, some people just dont understand.you ever thought about moving to tn. the house next door just came up for sale would be nice to have another gearhead in the neighborhood and we dont care how much banging you do.
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #90
chad64chevy

thanks flips, for the offer! but i dont think the wife would want to move, your about a lil over 11 hrs. from here and about an hr. from my cousin, he lives in copperhill!! her family lives 1 1/2 hrs. away from here anyways and she dont want to move any further away from them! i've tried a few times to get her to move further away but she wouldn't!! have you done anything lately to your truck??
Old 10-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #91
flips72

as far as the truck goes, not one thing, deer season has opened and between work, family, church and hunting the truck has suffered, i think i heard it crying the other night from neglect and i have a lot of family in copperhill, if you ever come to visit let me know and we will get together and shoot the bull over supper, my treat.
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #92
chad64chevy

sounds good to me! it will be awhile thou! the wife wants to go to cali in feb. or march! we have been married for 5 years and she's never met my brother or sister! plus she has family in cali she waits to see again and for me to met! but whenever i do head your way i will diff. let you know, would love to see your truck inperson!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #93
niterider65

Cool Re: my '64 c-10 swb project with steel floor from a '70

looking good so far .. I can't wait to see how that cowl hood turns out i want to build one out of two hoods ive got one with a bad hit in the front
corner and one that looks like if was used for target pratice with a b.b gun
from the inside of the hood
niterider65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:16 PM   #94
chad64chevy

thanks niterider for the comments, i got alot of work to still do but i'll getting there slowly! my truck was a farm truck too, and the last time it was tag was 88' also! as far as the cowl hood, i'm thinking of buying a steel cowl induction hood piece and cutting the sides off then notch my hood and weld the side on and go from there! but thats another mod. i'm going to wait on doing til i get the inside of my cab done and sealed up, i'm wanting to do a front tilt hood also! but that will have to wait also! thanks again for the comments!!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #95
JWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
hello everyone, i'm new to this all but have looked at a lot of people project, builds and i too have a project going on! i've had the truck for a few years now getting parts here and there to even start a project! but got married and have two kids now! and now 4 years later i want to build my truck!!
ahhh you did the seat belt buckle on the tailgate! i had that same exact idea! except I want my tailgate to swing sideways, although i really like the way you did yours!
JWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #96
protrash64
Resistance is Futile

Id find out the noise ordinance in your area. In this area you can be loud til 10pm and 11pm on the weekends I believe....and I have!

When we gonna see that bumper?
STRENGTH/DETERMINATION/MERCILESS/FOREVER
.......posted via stationary device
protrash64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:41 PM   #97
JWest

did you ever get any where with your cowl induction hood? curious to see how that would turn out!
JWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #98
chad64chevy

well protrash i'll see if i can get my bumpers done this weekend, i got a full weekend of things i'm going to do! i'm going to strip and paint my firewall, put my frontend back on for now before winter gets here and drop my motor an trans in that way i can see how low the front is with and the weight back on it! i also got to install my front and rear sway bars too! the motor isnt pretty, yet lol! the plan with the motor is gilmer belt and pulleys, finned valve covers, finned oval air cleaner or finned shotgun air scoop with paint between the fins! i got a edelbrock 600cfm and a air gap intake!
JWest- i haven't started on the hood yet, i'll be waiting til after winter to do it a long with the other stuff! i got to buy more parts and stuff, winter is a good time to buy parts since i won't really be doing anything to the truck then! my truck sits outside i dont have a carport or a garage!

Last edited by chad64chevy; 10-27-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:28 PM   #99
chad64chevy

ok i got a lil bit done this weekend! i got the front and rear sway bar mounted, got my firewall cleaned and painted, got the frontend sheet metal on, got the bracket from captainfab and my hydro boost mounted, got the motor and trans in for now atleast for a test fit! checked to make sure the motor still spins freely and everything checks out! will be pulling it out to clean up, paint, and the new exterior goodies! i did have a lil help my dad, my cousin and a friend, so things did go a lil easier, they mostly only helpped with the motor, while i did everything else! i didnt get to the bumpers this weekend, they will have to wait til next weekend! anyways on to the pictures!!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #100
chad64chevy

there's a few pictures
Attached Images