The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
gonnabg

project deception

so this will be a long build. the budget is shallow. very shallow. but i do have time and patience to make the truck just how i want. i work at a hot rod shop as my day job so some times its hard to work all day on cars then go home and work on my own. however working on 200 to 300 thousand dollar cars and building cars with other peoples budgets does nothing but tease the mind and create really cool ideas. anyway ive spent the last month or so of nights making a little transformation. here it is.
Attached Images

gonnabg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
gonnabg

Re: project deception

after about 7 months of saving haha. the next stage of the build. re sealed and painted the 350. it has a mild cam and thats it. there is another power plant in the works but for now this will do. i like to keep my **** running as much as i can. the wheels are 20 and 22 inch coys. with 235/55 r 20s and 285/35 r22. also got some suspension parts. the plans are air ride, cpp totally tubular arms, 2.5 drop spindles up front. also air ride in the back with my own custom built rear suspension. its kind of a porterbuilt spin off, if you will. as far as the trailing arms go they are 2 inch x .250 dom.( over kill yes haha. but this truck is getting a single 70mm turbo 5.3 0r 6.0 ls and will be driven very very hard) anyway they are bent and also have a 3 inch drop block built in. total they are about 4 inch drop from stock. ford 9 inch with 4.10's and a detroit locker. and my own creation as far as the air ride goes. i didnt really plan anything just kind of built as i went.
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
Tinkermc

nice start
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
gonnabg

here are some shots of the suspension. i didnt take much pictures during the build but theres still no bed floor so you can see most of it. so keep in mind. like i said before. the truck will get a turbo ls. so the exhaust is temporary and a lot of other things are as well. but for now it runs and drives and im working on building the bed floor.
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
gonnabg

so as far as the final out come of the truck goes its coing to be a corvette killing handling machine. bilstein shocks, correct geometry, sway bars, and enough power to get it sideways. haha. well the truck slides nicely with the small block but it will slide better with the turbo ls. ive been driving the truck for a month or so now. the suspension is so nice feeling. its not bumpy or mushy. its just right. it absorbs everything and has no slop at all. it corners hard and sticks when i want it to and slides when i tell it to. the truck is perfect. it doesnt need sway bars for street driving but im going to build some for when i really push it. it needs the ls engine. fuel injection will be so nice. to give you an idea of how hard it sticks to a corner i starved the bowls already twice on freeway on ramps haha. but when it is sticking that hard its starting to body roll so i will address that. to me cars all all about driving. if you cant beat on it whats the point of having it haha.