The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
jtp67-72

Re: GMC paul door seals are great!

Thanx--figured someone had it figured out!.......jim
Old 03-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
aventur1

My doors are hard to shut but are getting better every time, been in about a month.
aventur1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by aventur1 View Post
My doors are hard to shut but are getting better every time, been in about a month.
aventure1 check the ends of the door seal where they meet under the door seal plate and make sure if they are touching that you cut a 45 degree angle on either end, if they touch and no 45 degree cut is made on either end it makes it more diificult for the air in the bulbous portion of seal to escape which will cause the doors to close slightly harder than is required. This is recommend in the factory service manual per GM.
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
MisterC

I'd love to get a set of the "push-in" style for my '66 if you get those test fit and are happy with them.
350 V-8 - Powerglide

My not so much a build thread as a "Slow Progression Thread":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486894
MisterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #5
MisterC

Hey GMCPaul. Any progress on the "push on" style door seals for the 60-66?
350 V-8 - Powerglide

My not so much a build thread as a "Slow Progression Thread":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486894
Old 06-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #6
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
Hey GMCPaul. Any progress on the "push on" style door seals for the 60-66?
I've tried Every profile of push-on weatherstrip thats currently produced and the version we sell for the 67-72 had the best fit on the 60-66 trucks but in my opinion they required slightly more effort than I felt should be needed to close the door, altough in my opinion the stock 60-66 seals do also require the same or nearly the same amount of pressure to close the door. So I was not able to come up with any for the 60-66 trucks thats perfect for them I'm sorry to say. We've had several 60-66 owners purchase the 67-72 push on door seal and they were happy with them but we will not be marketing them as a product for the 60-66 trucks.
Sorry I didn't have positive news for you.
GMCPaul
Old 08-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
robber grin

Question Re: GMC paul door seals are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
I've tried Every profile of push-on weatherstrip thats currently produced and the version we sell for the 67-72 had the best fit on the 60-66 trucks but in my opinion they required slightly more effort than I felt should be needed to close the door, altough in my opinion the stock 60-66 seals do also require the same or nearly the same amount of pressure to close the door. So I was not able to come up with any for the 60-66 trucks thats perfect for them I'm sorry to say. We've had several 60-66 owners purchase the 67-72 push on door seal and they were happy with them but we will not be marketing them as a product for the 60-66 trucks.
Sorry I didn't have positive news for you.
GMCPaul
Hiya Paul - Am I understanding correnctly that you have 60-63 EARLY cab folks that have tried these with success???

If so - My 62 C10 will have to have a set for sure.

Thanks bob
robber grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:05 AM   #8
MisterC

No apology necessary. I appreciate the detailed response. Based on the praise they've received from other members, I may just try them on my 66 none the less.

Thank you very much!
350 V-8 - Powerglide

Old 07-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
Lemield

Just put another set on my K20....great product!

1949 Willys CJ2A, Kubota Turbo Diesel engine, Warn Overdrive, 11 inch brakes, 12volt, Warn M8000 Winch "Little Green"
1970 Rustoleum Roller Red C20 Custom Camper 454 TH400 "Big Red"
1971 K20 6.2 Turbo Diesel 4x4 4spd Ranger Overdrive "Pumpkin Wagon"
2005 VW Beetle Diesel 44+ MPG "Silver Bullet"
Lemield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #10
CC69Rat

70 GMC here, push on type door seals. In 15yrs of restoring trucks and cars, these are top notch fellas. .. buy em. I'm confident to say they're if not the best out there, they're really close. (top two) They will be going on my 68 too.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #11
jtp67-72

^^^^amen.......jim
Old 12-01-2012, 12:23 AM   #12
Chvy2NV

I'll be placing an order for my 67 real soon.. Paul could you do the \/ cut prior to shipping them out ?
Chvy2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #13
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chvy2NV View Post
I'll be placing an order for my 67 real soon.. Paul could you do the \/ cut prior to shipping them out ?
They are in a sealed package that is drop shipped from a warehouse. After you install them it will take you all of 30 seconds to cut a V channel in them.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #14
GMCPaul

These are not drop shipped we ship them direct from our warehouse in Indiana. they do come to us pre-packaged though. It only takes a few seconds with a pair of side cuts or a razor knife to cut the bulb portion of seal at either end where they meet under the door sill plate. DEFINATELY MAKE THIS CUT, by cutting it it tnen allows the seal to properly release the trapped air when closing the door. SO DO NOT JUST BUTT THE ENDS TOGETHER WITHOUT CUTTING THEM unless you want your doors to close HARD.
GM instructs you in the 67-72 Truck Service Manuals to also perform this cut when installing the seals even if there is a minor gap where ends meet and they also state the reason for this is to provide air passage.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
Old 12-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #15
leddzepp

Quote:
These are not drop shipped we ship them direct from our warehouse in Indiana. they do come to us pre-packaged though. It only takes a few seconds with a pair of side cuts or a razor knife to cut the bulb portion of seal at either end where they meet under the door sill plate. DEFINATELY MAKE THIS CUT, by cutting it it tnen allows the seal to properly release the trapped air when closing the door. SO DO NOT JUST BUTT THE ENDS TOGETHER WITHOUT CUTTING THEM unless you want your doors to close HARD.
GM instructs you in the 67-72 Truck Service Manuals to also perform this cut when installing the seals even if there is a minor gap where ends meet and they also state the reason for this is to provide air passage.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
When I bought mine they came from one of your warehouses in California...that is why I had to pay sales tax as well ... just sayin'

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #16
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
When I bought mine they came from one of your warehouses in California...that is why I had to pay sales tax as well ... just sayin'
No, the seals ship from Wis. to us in Indiana,
we then ship All the seals from the Indiana warehouse. We have to charge CA. residents what Calif. refers to as Use Tax because rather than have to pay shipping on many of the heavy & large items that we get from West coast suppliers we instead lease space in a CA. suppliers warehouse and ship these items from the West coast. Since we lease space they consider us to have a presence in the state so we have to collect Calif. use tax on Everything sold and shipped to a customer in Calif. whether it ships from in Calif. or if it comes from Indiana, Texas, Virginia, Mich. etc..
We do try to make sure as much as possible ships from within CA to our CA customers to speed delivery but since we don't get these seals from CA we don't ship them there as that would add to costs not reduce them which is what we are trying to achieve while also speeding delivery.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
Old 04-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #17
BugzC10

Thumbs up Re: GMC paul door seals are great!

I agree...the push on door seals are fantastic. Super easy install, great fit. My truck had pretty decent looking seals, but had to slam the doors. Refurbished my hinges and doors, installed GMCPauls seals. Could not be happier.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #18
greystoke

Hey Paul,
What's the best way to get these seals over the lip at the bottom of the door, this lip in nearly a quarter inch wide and there's very little space between it's edge and cab floor on my dad's 71. Hopefully you can see what I'm referring to in the image
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=305629
greystoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #19
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by greystoke View Post
Hey Paul,
What's the best way to get these seals over the lip at the bottom of the door, this lip in nearly a quarter inch wide and there's very little space between it's edge and cab floor on my dad's 71. Hopefully you can see what I'm referring to in the image
The problem is the cab was repaired incorrectly as the gap between rocker & floor edge should be 7/16"-1/2"
So your floor is either protruding 3/16'-1/4" or the rocker top edge is pulled in that far. You might try crimping the top edge of the rocker lip slightly to gain any additional clearance needed to install them.
Paul ( owner ) @ GMCPauls
Old 07-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #20
Chvy2NV

Great info Paul.

Quote:
The problem is the cab was repaired incorrectly as the gap between rocker & floor edge should be 7/16"-1/2"
So your floor is either protruding 3/16'-1/4" or the rocker top edge is pulled in that far. You might try crimping the top edge of the rocker lip slightly to gain any additional clearance needed to install them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #21
greystoke

Quote:
Hey Paul, I wanted to touch base again. We trimmed that lip and put those seals on. They are awesome. I also took a closer look at the rocker and would agree with you that someone did a bad repair. It's like the Mona Lisa..looks ok from a distance but..well you know. I couldn't convince my mule headed 80yr old dad that the rocker at least on that side had been replaced.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=305629
greystoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:42 PM   #22
FL71C10

How long do they take to break in if the doors are real hard to close after installing?
Old 07-25-2014, 10:09 PM   #23
GMCGrim

I have the same thing happening to my truck. The drivers door closes fine meanwhile the passenger side I have to slam. The door adjustment is not an option but I read somewhere that letting the truck sit in the hot sun for a period of time seems to relax the rubber. Now after repeated time in our 90+ degree summer heat I don't have to slam it as hard. So I would imagine over time the new rubber will give.
GMCGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:08 AM   #24
Holliday

I have had these on my truck for over a year and it has set in over 100 degree temperatures on occasion. I still have to slam my doors! I have realigned them 100 times and I just finally took them off. I forgot how nice it is to shut the door and it close without slamming it! I'm currently looking for a new solution.....

Quick update... I took a large hammer and a crescent wrench and moved the door seal lip inwards and got the doors to shut without slamming them. Glad i didn't go back to those stupid glue on ones!
Porterbuilt, Accuair suspension

Last edited by Holliday; 02-16-2015 at 12:04 AM.
Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #25
Chvy2NV

Anyone have a pic of where the cut is made? Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device