The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
Dinos63
chevy only

dinos just a clean bagged 66 shortbed

I love these 60-66 trucks !!and i have built a bunch of them but never a sky blue short bed and i have always wanted just a plain jane s/b bagged ,So this is my next build.I have a great start on the truck already having once owned the truck before then selling it to one of my nephews chris,I bought the truck only at that time for the motor which i didnt even use ,i am lucky in the fact beside both my kids working for me all 3 of my nephews(really 4 if you counting broey we made him part of the family ) do also and two them are my top techs jake & chris and both are into c/10(go figure)jake has a 61 b/w and chris bought the 66 from me a few years back, chris did a great job pulling the truck apart and cleaning the frame and even bagged it with the very first pancake crossmember i did like 10 years ago its the same cross member that was in my panel that me a nate pulled it off to build the very first drop member.
ok the plans on this build is very simple super clean frame, bagged pancake crossmember, single vair 400 (is fastest 180psi compresser) 3 gallon tank, manual valves (dloes) 1/4 line ,stock 15x7 front and 15x8 rear will have to see on tire size, stock white hub caps, 350 crate or the stock 283 rebuilt,ram horns, 600 crb, hei,all painted , 400 trans, body small window(leaving it)white roof sky blue body ,white grille,bumpers, no trim, only body mods p/b hinges, move the tank to the rear, interior stock late model seat, shorten colum,upgrade gauges
Attached Images

Last edited by Dinos63; 12-16-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Dinos63 is offline   Reply With Quote