The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-14-2018, 07:13 AM   #1
Moscowmule

Re: building a mule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
The original springs will provide plenty of lift to clear 33" tires.
Thanks Cap i kinda thought that was the case just wasnt sure. After a bunch of looking and searching to find that they just dont have squat for lift options for these trucks i had just about figured i woiuld just put smaller tires on it. If you say 33s will fit im happy.
Also i need to get one of your powere steering brackets. And the break booster that i have came from a 73 k10 will your booster adapter work with that or should i just plan on drilling and mounting without the adapter?
Moscowmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:34 AM   #2
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

No the square body boosters are NOT compatible with any of my booster brackets. Those have the factory mounting brackets riveted to them. If you must use that booster you will have to drill holes. Just be aware that in doing so, it really is not installed correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscowmule View Post
Thanks Cap i kinda thought that was the case just wasnt sure. After a bunch of looking and searching to find that they just dont have squat for lift options for these trucks i had just about figured i woiuld just put smaller tires on it. If you say 33s will fit im happy.
Also i need to get one of your powere steering brackets. And the break booster that i have came from a 73 k10 will your booster adapter work with that or should i just plan on drilling and mounting without the adapter?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:00 AM   #3
Moscowmule

Quote:
No the square body boosters are NOT compatible with any of my booster brackets. Those have the factory mounting brackets riveted to them. If you must use that booster you will have to drill holes. Just be aware that in doing so, it really is not installed correctly.
What booster do i need then its a ways down the road yet but i can keep an eye out for the right one if i knew what i was looking for.
Also can you send me whatever payment info you have for your steeing bracket i know for sure i need one of those soon thanks
Bill
Old 10-15-2018, 07:06 AM   #4
Moscowmule

Any of you guys that may live around the Gallatin Valley Mt im going to be getting rid of some stuff free to a good home 64 k10 front end and rearend also have some rear leafs heavy duty that are like new anyway just throwing it out there. If you are local you know how bad our junk yard sucks ive got more stuff in my back yard than they do
Old 10-16-2018, 12:43 AM   #5
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

In addition to those boosters mentioned in post #1 of the for sale thread,m there is a larger list in post #183 on page 8. A more complete list including part numbers is included with every booster bracket.

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=339081

I will send you a PM with ordering and payment info. I do combine shipping, so it is more cost effective to order multiple parts at the same time. Will you need just the steering box adapter plate, ot do you also need the tube and flange?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscowmule View Post
What booster do i need then its a ways down the road yet but i can keep an eye out for the right one if i knew what i was looking for.
Also can you send me whatever payment info you have for your steeing bracket i know for sure i need one of those soon thanks
Bill
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:11 AM   #6
Moscowmule

Quote:
In addition to those boosters mentioned in post #1 of the for sale thread,m there is a larger list in post #183 on page 8. A more complete list including part numbers is included with every booster bracket.

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=339081

I will send you a PM with ordering and payment info. I do combine shipping, so it is more cost effective to order multiple parts at the same time. Will you need just the steering box adapter plate, ot do you also need the tube and flange?
i think i was planning to use the ujoint type set up get rid of the rag joint kinda like how Attote did his 64 k10 with your steering adapter.