The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2007, 11:07 PM   #1
**grumpy**

Cool My 53 suburban is on the road!! But I need HELP!

Well, it's been a long 7 months since I started. Considering it was bone stock last Nov., I've made great progress.

But....I have some serious gremlins.

Recap: New MII with tubular a-arms, drop spindles and c/m raised up into the frame. NO BAGS Yet
4-link with a 7" frame notch, and bags out back
350/350 combo
Everything else new underneath as well

My rear bags are Airride Tech. 9000's. The sleeve type. I feel they're to flimsy.
I just have the bags T'd together right now, so I understand that the air pushes back and forth, but it's totally unrulely. It sways wildly on any uneven, bumpy, or curvy road.
I feel like I'm gonna be sea-sick, it's so bad.

The panhard bar is about 36-38" long, and horizontal with the rearend at ride height.
The rear shocks may be alittle soft, but still....

I'm going to isolate the bags to trap the air, and make sure everything else is tight, and go for a ride to see what's what.

On to the front...It had a set of new 4cyl. springs with a coil cut at first. It settled so low that I couldn't get my toe under the fender! , so I bought another new set of 4cyl. springs and installed without cutting any coils. Had it aligned, and it settled over 1 1/2" ! So now I can barely slide my steel toe boot under the fender. So much for that $160.

I would like to put bags up front, but want to use my tubular a-arms. Has anyone modified their's to use bags without buying new a-arms?

Anyway, here's a couple pics from this past weekend. And one from when I bought it in Nov.

And yes, it's bare steel...Once all the green came off, we thought it looked cool, so we left it. I can tolerate dings and dents when the body is so solid
Attached Images

**grumpy** is offline   Reply With Quote