The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-26-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
muffintop

88 blazer injectors wont pump.

Cant get my 88 blazer to start, its been sitting for 2 years. it fired right up, ran for 1 minute and then suddenly died. I replaced the fuel filter, cleaned the gas tank and added new gas just in case. but i can not seem to get the injectors to pump fuel.

are there any fuses under the hood connected to the injectors? i checked all the ones under the dash and they all seemed fine. also i cleaned the fuel lines as well.

I had a family friend tell me i need a decent fuel pressure in order for the 2.5l TBI to function, but im not even getting a drop out of the TBI. the car starts when i pour a little gas and starting fluid into the carb also.

any ideas?
it has spark, it pumps gas when disconnected from the TBI and the fuel lines are not blocked.

thanks guys! i really appreciate it
muffintop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #2
GRADYS Performance

Re: 88 blazer injectors wont pump.

Check your fuel pressure.
GRADYS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #3
BlackedOut67shorty

Check your fuel pump, when you turn on your key hear if it kicks on.
2000 mercury sable
Thats a how I roll
BlackedOut67shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #4
muffintop

Thanks guys, sorry for such a late reply but i finally got done with my job and had some free time to dive into and under the car and pull the fuel tank out again... had a buddy at my house and he said he could hear the pump working but that there was no pressure. so upon inspection of the pulled pump there is a small piece of gas tubing inside the tank!!!

well from sitting in gas for the last few years it was toast. but not only that but it had fallen to pieces and was all over the inside of my tank, again my fuel lines and im sure clogged up part of my new fuel filter

So im back to pulling out the now used fuel filter, cleaning the lines, and wondering... the injectors... how can i clean then? i dont know if parts could have gotten past the inline fuel filter, or if just residual gas from being sitting so long has built up crude. but when i fired her up, she kicked then died. and if i pour gas down inside her TBI she runs.

any suggestions? ALSO its a real pita to get the old inline fuel filter out so I'm figuring where i can relocate the damn thing so i don't have these issues again.

thanks again guys!
Old 12-24-2014, 12:10 AM   #5
muffintop

cleaned the filter, and the fuel lines and tried one more time and bam she ran. oddest thing though... a mouse must have moved into the tail pipe exhaust becuase it smells sooo bad right now. like im burning mickeys home or something. checked fluids, all good, drove it down the road and parked it for a moment. going to run some new gas through her tomorrow and maybe do a seafoam engine clean.