The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-26-2023, 11:33 AM   #251
WilliamFd55

Re: His name is "George" 84' C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3drburb View Post
So, judging by the color and the mirrors on the truck with the white wheels, you must have two trucks, a time machine or some kind of worm hole used to travel in time. LOL!

So, I am guessing that you are way ahead than the current pictures.

Curious, what route you took or are taking to fit the wheels at ride height.
Right, I'm pulling a Carroll Shelby. Same truck, just painting it different colors to make it look like I have a fleet . I test fit the rims just before I painted it blue, which is currently where we are at. Took me awhile to find a used tire the size I wanted for mock up. Didn't want to buy new tires not knowing if the set up would fit. When I found the wheels on eBay, I used a cheap universal wheel fitment offset tool (pictured) to make sure the they would fit with the 5x5/ 5x114.3 adaptor before the purchase. Once they did, it was all about tire choice. Everything did work out at ride height. Had to modify the inner fender to allow the truck to lay completely aired out.
Attached Images

WilliamFd55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 11:35 PM   #252
3drburb

I had to go over this build thread again as it is a very creative build to say the least, you seem to always be (having fun) building, driving and improving as you go.

Also great use of the old tailgate. I recycled my dented one also and used it in my truck bed years ago.

This build got me thinking of getting back to working my 78 swb after only putting about 15 miles on it all year and tucking it away mid-summer. Lol.

Thanks
3drburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 10:19 AM   #253
WilliamFd55

Quote:
I had to go over this build thread again as it is a very creative build to say the least, you seem to always be (having fun) building, driving and improving as you go.

Also great use of the old tailgate. I recycled my dented one also and used it in my truck bed years ago.

This build got me thinking of getting back to working my 78 swb after only putting about 15 miles on it all year and tucking it away mid-summer. Lol.

Thanks
Thank you! Its been fun! This truck is my 4th c10/ square and I'm really just going for it. Not worrying if I mess something up and revisiting old ideas that I've wanted to do on past trucks. Get back into it with yours! These trucks are always evolving, they are never complete
Old 01-02-2024, 10:26 AM   #254
WilliamFd55

Happy Holidays all! Wrapped up the other side this weekend and also worked on something a little newer. Installed a track ready exhaust (downpipe back) on my nephews car. My brother is going to love those morning starts
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2024, 11:07 AM   #255
WilliamFd55

Finally got the truck out on the road with the new wheel set up. Now we are really starting to get the Pro-touring look going. Will have to get used to the look of 18's being on there. Did like the fact that I can cruise with it lower and not have to worry about the front tire rubbing when I turn. The 18's tuck inside the well and there are no rubbing issues.
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2024, 02:34 PM   #256
3drburb

Those wheels look very nice on the truck, it's nice to know you don't have any rubbing issues and it sure has the look.
Several days ago, I was a couple cars behind a newer Chevy pickup with what looked like a built-in spoiler in the bed and tailgate and a step in the rear bumper and instantly thought of your square.
Nice work!
3drburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 09:54 AM   #257
WilliamFd55

Quote:
Those wheels look very nice on the truck, it's nice to know you don't have any rubbing issues and it sure has the look.
Several days ago, I was a couple cars behind a newer Chevy pickup with what looked like a built-in spoiler in the bed and tailgate and a step in the rear bumper and instantly thought of your square.
Nice work!
Thank you!
Old 03-18-2024, 10:03 AM   #258
WilliamFd55

Time for more metal work! Not cray about a roll pans and don't like anything stock. Going to keep in line with what I usually here "Why did you do that?" Starting with a smooth Ford van bumper with no plate provisions. Will have to do some nip/ tuck here and there. We'll see what happens....
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2024, 10:26 AM   #259
Shifty One

That bumper looks like it was made for squares! Good choice!

1998 C2500 lot-rot rescue
Shifty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 11:47 AM   #260
WilliamFd55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty One View Post
That bumper looks like it was made for squares! Good choice!
Thanks! I'm luck to have a U-Pick junk yard kinda close to me (Hour away) where I can wander around to come up with inspiration, hahaha.
Old 03-25-2024, 11:52 AM   #261
WilliamFd55

Well she's hanging on her own. Ended up sectioning 2" off each end. Mounted w/ L-channel. Still have some welding to do and to figure out how I want to finish the cut out.
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2024, 11:55 AM   #262
WilliamFd55

Never posted the drawing....
Attached Images