The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-12-2020, 11:49 PM   #1
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Story time

Ya'll stay with me until the end here. This has been a trying week

This is the first weekend J has had off since May. He has been doing 6 days or helping at a friends farm remodeling. We planned to do nothing, fiddle in the yard or such. That is where we messed up lmbo.

Had an issue here that was reported on Friday, took an hour or so to tend to and tidy up.

Had issues on the fb group with grown adults showing their butts thinking it would go over well. Truckdude239 and I were dealing with that junk Friday, Friday Night, and Saturday morning. Some of you may say fb stinks etc.. but in the end, we talked to many members and found a half dozen that had accounts they could not access anymore.. add to that a few that were trying to join and needed accounts created. That is a blessing, that put us in the right place to help this community and its members, outside of the forums.

Friday our bonus kid had to take his car about 30 minutes away to get it dropped off for some ac work and pick up a car his dad had there that was ready (fleet stuff) He drives there switches out at the gas station and its dies. His Dad met him out there and dealt with it, but I do still fret and worry over the kiddos and was glad when he was home.

Saturday we slept in and discussed going to Sams or such before lunch. I said I wanted to work on some site stuff and just didn't feel like going shopping. 1pm a neighbor of ours at the other house (no not rich, was under it and had to wait for market to go up or lose our asses) sends me a message telling me the garage door is open over there. Then tells me about a truck that was there earlier emptying the garage. They assumed it was us and a friend or such getting stuff out. ugh... This is mid the facebook crap fest.

Same time as the messages came in, bonus son goes to leave and see his friends.. cars dead. But as he said not the most pressing issue, he was just stuck home not helping them etc.

So J goes over there , the garage is tossed.. electric cut off to the house and the cameras bent up and or away. Some of you know this feeling, others can emathise, others who dislike us may laugh. Anyhow, our oldest and a good friend went over there and helped. Detective was awesome, and things were left with check the flea market etc.. many of the parts for the 69, my camaro and such were gone that quick. I told J it completely sucks, but we have so much to be thankful for that we need to focus on that.

Sidenote the neighbors felt so horrible that they didnt check. It was a mistake, any of us could had made it. Yes I wish they had, but they didnt.. and did contact me asap when they realized.

I decided to do some housework to ignore reality. Washer filled up and decided not to spin out. I kicked it, cussed then reset it and it worked fine..

So we went about our afternoon. Ran to the grocery store, talked the emotions down a bit and went home and had dinner with our kids. Before dinner we were at the table talking and the youngest (8) comes in freaking out because her tablet would not charge. Switched chargers, blocks etc.. nope she broke the entire port. Life crisis at 8, I mean yall... no roblox, no messenger kids, no gatcha life.. Lawd I have had enough lol

While eating my fb notifications were pinging non stop. It was truly hard not to come unglued at those going off about non issues. David (truckdude239) handled so many fires there while we were gone, that I decided to sit down at the desktop and tend to them to give him a break. Folks, let me tell you.. people are insane. He had a site member on that group get mad and pm him crazy stuff. If you are that mad, you probably need to get off facebook. Just saying...

Ok so back on subject, I sat down and started working. My fb message lights up and its the neighbor across from the other house " Liz that truck is back " " I called 911"...

I yelled to J that they were back, picked up the phone and called 911 while he flew out the door. I explained to 911 that my husband was on the way and they probably would want to get there first. They kept me on hold, took it serious etc.. Finally got off the phone with them and called a good friend and said The (insert choice word) is back at the house. What?? a few choice words and im on my way. I then called downstairs to our oldest and told him what was up, he flew out the door as well.

J got there and the DA was there walking around outside, truck backed up to the garage. Readers digest version, he was spoken to, bucked up and was held until the police arrived. Sheriff got there a few moments after J, our friend was behind the Sheriff and our oldest a moment later. This fool is lucky to be in jail, had he continued to buck up it would had ended differently, I am sure.

Now those of you that were around in the early 2000 will love this. The fool was wearing a board meet shirt. We had one from the first national meet put up. It was in a sealed bag in a mailing envelope. He cut the sleeves off and was wearing it to come "shop" some more, I guess...

Long night for all involved, he told the cops "im done take me to jail" when he realized he had no way out. He had the cameras to our house in the bed of the truck, an old pay stub in his pocket and one of our kids old baseball type bag full of the licence plates from the wall in his truck. There was more but pointless to try and go over now. He went to jail, truck got impounded, house secured again, and they came back home.

Did I mention this drug addict low life told J he was there for the drug house? Or that it turns out he lives behind the house on the next block. You can see his house from the livingroom window.. The windows we just had replaced due to a leak. They now have no screens because he sliced them trying to get in the house itself.

We sat down, had a beer and all laughed and talked about the events. Went to bed and tossed and turned. I know I went to sleep around 2, he was up off and on all night. We planned to get up and go to the flea market to look for the parts. Oh yeah.. they took my clodbuster and his tmaxx too, the older twos electric scooters from many years ago, start wars stuff and legos.

Woke up to the phone ringing.. It was the detective and they were going to issue the warrant. Wanted to be sure we could come get the stuff if it was recovered. Yep, we will forgo church and flea market for this. Our church is online, I did get my Jesus in.. I needed it. Anyway....

So J goes by the house and the had him come look. Ended up needing the enclosed trailer to bring it all home. Thankfully we got the stuff back. Most of it, as far as we know. You know when he is wrenching something will be missing. Its life, its how it is, but we have most back.

I am going to leave with this (and why I told ya to stay with me to the end)

When they were recovering our things, there was a transmission rebuilt on the guys work bench. It was the parts tranny from national board meet number two. Cracked housing and just parts unassembled in our garage, assembled in his. We now know what he was doing between stealing our stuff in the am and pm... can't make this stuff up guys..

His parents showed up while the police had the property closed off as a crime scene,loading our trailer, and told the police and i am paraphrasing that he couldnt had done that, and we cant just take things from his house. They got a lesson in crime scene and search warrants. sigh.. hes a good boy im sure.

Here are the two mug shot deals...

this is from last night
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  30.6 KB

this is after the search warrant
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  33.0 KB

His friends are still out there. Im sure its not over for others. Ya'll its been an interesting weekend. No bs this week ok? hahahahhahahahah

David, thanks for dealing with the online bs so I could handle the life bs. You are truly appreciated.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:37 AM   #2
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Re: Story time

Wow, just wow! Your own personal weekend from Hell. We sometimes hear about stuff like this but I've never heard a first-hand account like that before. Not to mention all the things that went on that were not thief-related. I know that in all my years I have never experienced anything like what you guys had to deal with. Take a deep breath, relax if you can, and have a cold one (or two). You guys deserve a little quiet time.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:42 AM   #3
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Honestly we are good. I thanked the man up above for the good in our lives. We recovered so much. He did tweak a piece of perfect trim.. that sucks.. My parents came over for Sunday dinner. J got to go to bed and relax before work.. My dumb butt drank a can of folgers 1850 a few ago.. so I am posting on fb lol
Old 07-13-2020, 01:15 AM   #4
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

I think he was just stealing so he could afford a better haircut.

Really? This dirtbag is 41 years old and mommy and daddy have to come and try and get him out of jail? I have a son that's 39 and if he pulled that kind of crap he'd better not call me. Fortunately he's a college professor. And I don't think he's going to steal Lego's anytime soon.

I do fear thieves however. Not for what they would do. But for what I'd do to them if I caught them. And then I would be the one in trouble.

I'm just glad they got him and J or your boy didn't get into some sort of altercation. Those can go downhill fast when you're dealing with a doped up maniac.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:16 AM   #5
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I think he was just stealing so he could afford a better haircut.

Really? This dirtbag is 41 years old and mommy and daddy have to come and try and get him out of jail? I have a son that's 39 and if he pulled that kind of crap he'd better not call me. Fortunately he's a college professor. And I don't think he's going to steal Lego's anytime soon.

I do fear thieves however. Not for what they would do. But for what I'd do to them if I caught them. And then I would be the one in trouble.

I'm just glad they got him and J or your boy didn't get into some sort of altercation. Those can go downhill fast when you're dealing with a doped up maniac.
He bucked up. Sometimes things scare folks enough to reconsider acting tough.

I hate a thief, and to do all the damage he did boldly durring the day scares the hell out of me.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:23 AM   #6
vetnat

Yes, he looks like a very good boy At least you got most of your stuff back. Brutal weekend.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:52 AM   #7
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Heck of a weekend Liz. Sorry to hear all about that.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 07:32 AM   #8
The Rocknrod

Wow thank God your okay.
We had a break in and theft when we were in Santee, CA years ago, a neighbor guy living at his parents (he was a good boy)...
It's the strangest feeling after a break in and robbery, Not having first hand knowledge of course but I liken it to feeling like you've been raped I guess.

Last edited by The Rocknrod; 07-13-2020 at 08:44 AM.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:43 AM   #9
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Glad it came out as good as it did for you and your family .. I have read of other stories like this and they did not turn out as lucky as yours .. I'm happy for you and your family that all of you are home safe ..
Old 07-13-2020, 09:28 AM   #10
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Holy cow! After reading through that. I decided my bad week last week wasn't so bad. Take it easy for a few days, you have earned it.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man

Last edited by Ol Blue K20; 07-13-2020 at 09:30 AM. Reason: add to message
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:44 AM   #11
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Sometimes things scare folks enough to reconsider acting tough.
Trust me. I've been married enough times to know that.

I've been robbed several times. (not just by ex wives and their lawyers) It's a very disturbing feeling when someone breaks in.

When I was a kid my neighbors were brutally murdered in their house and the case was never solved. It freaked me out. I had a hard time sleeping because no one knew what happened. I thought I could be next. I was just a little kid and this wasn't a scary movie.It was real. It may be part of the reason that I keep myself well armed. Maybe I'm still a little freaked out by the whole thing. Memories stick with you. Especially the bad ones.

I'm just glad that you are all okay.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:53 AM   #12
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Wow, what a mess! He's going to pay an electrician to fix up the electrical, right? And a screen guy to put in new screens? Good that you got (most of) your stuff back.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:15 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

WOW, what a story! So brazen is what I find most disturbing. The same truck could be seen parked the next street over. And he still came back again... with some stolen goods in his possession.

I'm glad after all that crap at least he was caught and were able to recover what you did.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:54 PM   #14
CG
BlahBlahBlah

You're walking down the street, or at the store, or anywhere there are other people. You're having a bad day. You got a paper cut, dog pooped on the sidewalk, you wanted your eggs over easy and one broke ... Lord why me? How come stuff always happens to me?

You pass by a woman, you have no idea who she is ... Why cant my life be like hers, carefree and easy? As Liz passes by you she can sense your mood (because its Liz) and you hear her whisper as she walks off in to the distance ... Putz, you have no idea.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 06:04 PM   #15
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

lol..

At least we have a home to live in, kids to be sad over broken stuff, clothing to wash (not dry because the effin dryer decided not to work today), cars to drive and fb to pimp
slap idiots on
Old 07-13-2020, 07:33 PM   #16
Andy4639
Old member

Unhappy Re: Story time

Damn! Sorry Liz!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 07:55 PM   #17
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
You're walking down the street, or at the store, or anywhere there are other people. You're having a bad day. You got a paper cut, dog pooped on the sidewalk, you wanted your eggs over easy and one broke ... Lord why me? How come stuff always happens to me?

You pass by a woman, you have no idea who she is ... Why cant my life be like hers, carefree and easy? As Liz passes by you she can sense your mood (because its Liz) and you hear her whisper as she walks off in to the distance ... Putz, you have no idea.
The face of meth, right there. It's a crying shame what happens to people when they go down that road. And his parents are still making excuses for him!?

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:06 PM   #18
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

CG you make me lmao
Old 07-13-2020, 08:30 PM   #19
68bowtie

Wow! That’s rough. Glad you had some fraction of the chaos turn out positive.

CG your avatar is hilarious.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:53 PM   #20
shifty
Questionable

LOL@ CG's avatar.

Hey Liz, sorry to hear what you're going thru, but I'm happy to hear this chapter is done with and some of your stuff came back. I had to walk away from all the social media stuff, it's tearing my family apart, I swear Facebook is dividing my family almost as much as it is this country.

I've been over here in a funk myself, we lost two family members to this 'rona BS already and one of our close friends down in FL got suckerpunched for wearing a face mask about a mile from his house (central FL). We assume it was politically motivated, he heard someone yell "hey libtard, nice mask", went to turn around and *bonk* doesn't remember anything else. Came to surrounded by people and paramedics, cracked jaw and minus two teeth. Stupid part is, had the mask on because he's got an autoimmune disorder and can't afford to get sick.

Anyway, point being: This world seems like it's going to hell in a handbasket. Despite all the nonsense happening, I hope you and all y'all other folks on here are doing alright and wish you all the best of health. Looking forward to better times, hoping 2021 is better year than this one.

They say "hindisght's 20/20", but I can't wait until 2020 is in my hindsight.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:03 PM   #21
truckdude239

Your welcome liz anything u need

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:12 PM   #22
Pizzapartymick

I'm just glad everyone's alright and you've gotten most of everything back. I'm always praying for y'all.
Pizzapartymick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:12 PM   #23
Ironhorse

Wow Liz, that is quite the tale of woe. Sure glad that it did not become more serious tho with people hurt. Things can be replaced, people don't have a re-set button. I know your feelings right now to an extent. We were broken into several years ago and lost a lot of personal belongings and it ended in an identity theft. Was not a fun time and took my wife some time to be able to relax in our own home. So glad they caught your perp in the possession of the goods. Hope he goes away for a LONG time.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:14 PM   #24
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
LOL@ CG's avatar.

Hey Liz, sorry to hear what you're going thru, but I'm happy to hear this chapter is done with and some of your stuff came back. I had to walk away from all the social media stuff, it's tearing my family apart, I swear Facebook is dividing my family almost as much as it is this country.

I've been over here in a funk myself, we lost two family members to this 'rona BS already and one of our close friends down in FL got suckerpunched for wearing a face mask about a mile from his house (central FL). We assume it was politically motivated, he heard someone yell "hey libtard, nice mask", went to turn around and *bonk* doesn't remember anything else. Came to surrounded by people and paramedics, cracked jaw and minus two teeth. Stupid part is, had the mask on because he's got an autoimmune disorder and can't afford to get sick.

Anyway, point being: This world seems like it's going to hell in a handbasket. Despite all the nonsense happening, I hope you and all y'all other folks on here are doing alright and wish you all the best of health. Looking forward to better times, hoping 2021 is better year than this one.

They say "hindisght's 20/20", but I can't wait until 2020 is in my hindsight.
I hope everything gets better for you. Miss our yearly hey you still breathing txt lmbo
Old 07-13-2020, 09:17 PM   #25
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Wow Liz, that is quite the tale of woe. Sure glad that it did not become more serious tho with people hurt. Things can be replaced, people don't have a re-set button. I know your feelings right now to an extent. We were broken into several years ago and lost a lot of personal belongings and it ended in an identity theft. Was not a fun time and took my wife some time to be able to relax in our own home. So glad they caught your perp in the possession of the goods. Hope he goes away for a LONG time.
me too! I count our blessings more than dwell on all of this. The posting helped decompress and makes me snicker at some things.. like washer n dryer