The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2020, 07:55 PM   #33
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

Yes it is Joe. My goal now is to address all the minor issues that I can until we get the shop built. Once that happens and I can keep Ethyl indoors, out of the weather, I'll begin removing and painting panels. That way I don't have to worry about the engine sitting in the open, or animals having access to the interior.

She did earn her keep the other day. We got soaked with about 5.25" of rain over 8 hours Tuesday morning. Of course, we were also expecting a 40' shipping container to be delivered, across a newly established rock roadway that skirts the swamp in the yard. The driver did a great job of backing down the driveway and then through a 90* turn onto the new roadway. He got the container about 15' onto the pad we had built before his right side wheels got off the road and into soft mud, rendering him stuck.

I hooked up Ethyl and had him start to drop the container where it was, allowing us to move it later when things dry out. 22k pounds of Dodge Dually, a tandem axle deckover gooseneck trailer and the bulk of the shipping container and Ethyl never skipped a beat and never spun a tire. Just good traction and lots of grunt.

Also, the calibration box for my fuel gauge arrived today. No more guessing by way of the odometer.

-Joe
Attached Images