The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #51
lowrollin70gmc
Too many projects

Re: Project "E.P."

You'll find that a lot of us were in your shoes with our trucks. I bought mine when i was 14 and working at McPukes, saving up to buy the next needed part and keep her on the road. I even bought my patch panels and a crappy welder while working and quit work to do it myself! (Not recommending this for everyone.) Then got a job washing cars in a local body shop right after I had finished the rust repair and it's downhill from there!

Good luck and stay out of trouble (I've gotten pulled over in all my past vehicles except the GMC!).
68 K20 Suburban 12V Cummins/NV5600/NP205/D60/11.5AAM 3.73s "Dakota Cadillac"
63 Chevy II Nova Coupe 250 I6/T56/4.56s "Economy car"
53 Willys Wagon 350/NV4500/BW4401/HP D44/9inch “Winter Wagon”
30 Model A 16 Focus ST
lowrollin70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:46 AM   #52
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

YAY!!! So guys and gals, finally have an update somewhat worthy of posting for y'all. Today I got all of the stuff for my exhaust system in. I've got the piping, the Thrush Turbo Muffler, the hangers and clamps. Couldn't put it on today cause it rained all day long. Tomorrow hopefully I'll be able to pull the old exhaust and start hooking the new one up. When I do that I'll have some fun sound clips of before and after for you guys to listen to. For now heres some pictures of the goods. I also took the top of the oil bath and gave it a slight touch up.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:54 AM   #53
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Looking good man!!

I ended buying me an old 6 cylinder beat around project truck, but I still kinda wish I had bought the one you got!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=288990
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!

Last edited by 67_C-30; 04-30-2008 at 05:58 AM.
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:04 AM   #54
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Keeep up the good work its always good to see the younger generation getting involved...

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:21 AM   #55
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Okay, time to bring this thread back from the dead. MY DAD BOUGHT ME RUBBERS!!! Well, I gave him the money and he picked me up the new tires on his way home from work. They're Kuhmo Solus KR21's and the size is P215/70R15. I'm hoping to get them mounted and balanced soon as one of the tires that was off the truck just spontaneously blew up? No clue what happened, had it leaning up again the back of the truck and went out the next day and it had pretty much blown up... Better replace the ones holding up the front end quick before I'm involuntarily laying frame. The exhaust is still not on! The PO did a hackjob on the old manifold and tried to drill a bolt out. Well he screwed up, went in at an angle and totally missed everything. The bolt won't line up now so it's time for a new exhaust manifold. Been to the junkyards around here and can't find one. If any of you guys have a 250 exhaust manifold you're willing to part with I'll buy it in like two weeks on my next paycheck pending shipping costs. In other news, I've got to do a little rattle canning here and there and all I have left to do til I can start driving the truck is buy new brake lines and get my carb rebuilt. So, enough talking and without further ado for your picture loving people, feast your eyes on the new update.

After

Before(After wire wheel)

Distance Shot

What the Heck?!

Tire Stuff

New Drums Anyone?

What do you do Now?
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 05-28-2008, 04:23 AM   #56
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

I wonder when my mom will say enough is enough and make me take my stockpile of parts out of my room and stick them outside? Anyone got tips for keeping her at bay?

Guess What?!

Quick Rendering of my Truck!
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 05-28-2008, 04:25 AM   #57
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Oh and one last thing! I'm getting a Powdercoater soon, can anyone recommend one that's the best bang for my buck?
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 05-28-2008, 04:48 AM   #58
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Great work Dylan! I think I have a 250 manifold laying around that oing to use on my wrecker once, and if I can put my hands on it, its your's for shipping costs.

Oh yeah, tell mom that a lot of 16 yr olds have illegal substances, alcohol and all kinds of other stuff stashed away in their rooms. She'll probably not mind the trucks near as bad!
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:16 AM   #59
Bob 68327
72 Chevelle Club

Looks Great !!!!!

1972 Chevelle ... Mine

2006 Trailblazer... Hers

2002 Buick century ... Kids

2002 K1500 Z-71 EXT CAB ... Daily Driver

2005 Rockwood Roo ... For Camping

1974 Harley-Davidson XLH Sportster 84'' stroker
Bob 68327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:30 AM   #60
PipsC10

I love your rendering, keep up the good work!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:47 PM   #61
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Thanks a lot guys, it means loads to me. 67_C-30, if you happen to find it just send me a PM and we can work something out. I just wish I had of taken the shot with the new white bumper instead of that pretty ancient rusty hunk of junk , thanks for the compliment.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 06-02-2008, 01:24 PM   #62
exmonkeypunk
Barrito Loco Diablo

I'm still new to this forum, but your project truck is one that i've been keeping an eye on. You posted today that you had some more update pics for us, can't wait to see the progress. My project too, is very slow moving, but doing something slowly like this, will keep your mind clear and help make everything get done with that much more attention to detail. keep it up man.
exmonkeypunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:46 PM   #63
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Well, heres some updated progress pictures for you guys.

OMG OMG, WHAT DID HE DO THIS TIME?!?!

By dylanandrews, shot with DSC-P200 at 2008-06-01

It's a frame!!! With no bed over it!!!

Getting the bed off was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Started off thinking it would just be six easy bolts to pull out. Well it ended up being 8, which half of them broke in half and one of them had to have the head grinded off. The thing that was tough was grinding the head off with a dremel and a cutting wheel haha, not having the right tools when you need them sucks. Then came the actual picking up of the bed and moving it. Me and my friend thought we could do it but realized quickly it wasn't going to happen because we couldn't balance it from front to back to save our lives. So I waited for my dad and uncle to get home from their trip to Ft. Walton Beach. Got them home and we lifted it off (note: rusty bed bottoms=sliced open finger tips) I checked out the frame and the frame looks great. After giving it a quick hosing and scrubbing with an old rag the crossmembers almost look new! I'll show you those pics in the next post. I plan on taking the wire wheel and brush to it cleaning the back half of the frame then brushing on some por-15 that I'm buying this Friday after I get paid. I'm hoping to have this thing looking pretty decent.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan

Last edited by *Dylan; 06-02-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:57 PM   #64
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Heres the frame after a good top side wash, I was amazed.

By dylanandrews, shot with DSC-P200 at 2008-06-02

By dylanandrews, shot with DSC-P200 at 2008-06-02
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 06-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #65
exmonkeypunk
Barrito Loco Diablo

You're gonna love using Por-15. Just be sure to take time on the prep. I cut a couple corners using that stuff on a floor panel once, and was able to peel it off when it dried. When used properly, that stuff is amazing. Looks really nice too. Are you gonna use the black? With you going through details as fine as sanding and painting the frame, sounds like you plan on showing this truck a bit, eh?
Old 06-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #66
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Yeah, it's gonna see a few shows here and there. Hoping to make it up to the Moultrie Georgia show either at the end of this year or next year. Not ready for show of course but hopefully in primer with most of the body work done. Prepping is one of my main concerns and that's why I'm getting their whole three step process and following the instructions to a tee. I plan on using the gloss black.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 06-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #67
exmonkeypunk
Barrito Loco Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967 C10 Dylan View Post
Yeah, it's gonna see a few shows here and there. Hoping to make it up to the Moultrie Georgia show either at the end of this year or next year. Not ready for show of course but hopefully in primer with most of the body work done. Prepping is one of my main concerns and that's why I'm getting their whole three step process and following the instructions to a tee. I plan on using the gloss black.
Honestly man, I wish more shows had work in progress vehicles on display. The main reason I'm so into "Rat Rods" is because you can see what the vehicle had to go through to get where it is, and you can never quite tell if it's totally done or just part way through the process. If there's any local shows near you and you have the truck in safe driving condition, i'd cruise it and see how many people you get paying more attention to your truck than the finished $80,000 shine job that some check writer had built by some guy named Skip Boose. Wow, i sound angry, but I'm not. Just passionate about unfinished rides.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:52 AM   #68
72cheysuper

Dylan's attention to detail and great photos makes for a fun project build to watch.....now pass the popcorn!
72cheysuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:13 PM   #69
SCOTI

Subscribed & you're doing a great job so far.

I also wanted to give props to the board members that have been offering up items to help keep you going (& within your budget). There are great people on this site & much can be learned from them.... Scot.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:00 AM   #70
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Subscribed & you're doing a great job so far.

I also wanted to give props to the board members that have been offering up items to help keep you going (& within your budget). There are great people on this site & much can be learned from them.... Scot.
It's amazed me the amount of people willing to help out. It means more to me than you guys know...Well actually you all probably know what it means because all of you have been in my shoes before haha. I figured I'd update you guys with the latest on the truck and let you see what I've been meddling with.

Well, hate me or love me for it but this is how I'm doing my frame. POR 15 to be honest, is just out of my budget right now as I'm trying to get this thing on the road as soon as possible.

Here's nothing,

By dylanandrews, shot with DSC-P200 at 2008-06-20

I still gotta finish up sanding some things with a Scoth Brite Pad so I can get the paint on clean and get rid of that rust. Then it's time for the inside of the frame and the bottom to finish it all off. Tell me what you guys think.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 06-21-2008, 12:36 AM   #71
Frizzle Fry

I think it looks good and it's definately better than nothing!
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:36 AM   #72
pcorriveau951

Dylan, good job soo far looking forward to seeing more.
P.S. the rear half of you frame looks good for being the spray can bed liner stuff, heck after seeing it on you frame im going to go get me some to use on a project im working on. thanks.
pcorriveau951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:07 AM   #73
exmonkeypunk
Barrito Loco Diablo

Never underestimate the power of spray can products.
When finished, my intentions are for the entire 72' to be rattle canned and nobody will be able to tell, unless they know i did it.
You're truck's starting to take shape. It looks great.
Can't wait to see pics of it at her first show.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:33 AM   #74
baggednblown72
clever title here

looking good man... Damn i love those small window trucks....
baggednblown72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:06 AM   #75
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

nice render, and great work so far
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote