The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #76
Kex

Re: SoCal checkin' in

Quote:
Originally Posted by polysci View Post
San Gabriel Valley over here...soon to be Pasadena (with a little luck!).
If you get to Pasadena, that's just the other side of the 2 for me: could almost walk there!
Old 10-12-2007, 04:25 PM   #77
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NF65Fleetside View Post
Im in West LA myself guys! aye but are all of us getting serious on the Nov. 10th date? and is Mission Bay in San Diego good for everyone and or should we hold it a little more central for everyone?
Sounds like a good plan. Right now, im going to say im in. Plan on driving my truck. Need details once finalized.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:54 AM   #78
NF65Fleetside

Ok, so us LA county area guys for sure have to get together also but right now Mission Bay down in San Diego on Nov. 10th is the first meet up. Ill plan out the actual picnic site and then a time....from there we can decide on food and what not.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:17 AM   #79
polysci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kex View Post
If you get to Pasadena, that's just the other side of the 2 for me: could almost walk there!
Sweet...yeah I working on getting to Pas...its just soooooooooooo expensive!

Anybody going to the Pomona Swap Meet Sunday?
Old 10-13-2007, 10:52 AM   #80
Kex

Quote:
Sweet...yeah I working on getting to Pas...its just soooooooooooo expensive!

Anybody going to the Pomona Swap Meet Sunday?
Moan (Pasadena prices) ... at least they're coming down now for those of us who might try to buy ... verrrry slowly though!

I'm new here, so could you tell me what is the "Pomona Swap Meet" and which Sunday?

Thanks Dude(s).
Old 10-13-2007, 10:53 AM   #81
Kex

Quote:
Ok, so us LA county area guys for sure have to get together also but right now Mission Bay down in San Diego on Nov. 10th is the first meet up. Ill plan out the actual picnic site and then a time....from there we can decide on food and what not.
Would love to come to an LA county get together ... probably won't be able to make it to San Diego Nov. 10.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:14 AM   #82
polysci

Quote:
Moan (Pasadena prices) ... at least they're coming down now for those of us who might try to buy ... verrrry slowly though!

I'm new here, so could you tell me what is the "Pomona Swap Meet" and which Sunday?

Thanks Dude(s).
Pomona is a great place to find cars/trucks and parts...here is the link to the website...it has all the information you'll need!

http://www.pomonaswapmeet.com/
Old 10-15-2007, 02:14 AM   #83
NF65Fleetside

working on picnic area in Mission for Nov. 10th....but in the meantime all the LA guys if you like you can throw suggestions out for our area as well for a different date
Old 10-15-2007, 12:13 PM   #84
suzq044
Resident Photoshop Nerd

Quote:
Pomona is a great place to find cars/trucks and parts...here is the link to the website...it has all the information you'll need!

http://www.pomonaswapmeet.com/
yeah; we almost went to that yesterday, but decided to stay home; cause we got up at like 930.. and its only open from 5a to 2p. Kinda hard to make it from San Diego. lol
Old 10-15-2007, 12:42 PM   #85
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
Where the heck is Adam's Hill?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:48 PM   #86
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
working on picnic area in Mission for Nov. 10th....but in the meantime all the LA guys if you like you can throw suggestions out for our area as well for a different date
There's that 50's styled diner in Harbor City, Rickey's (I think thats the name) on the corner of Normandie and Sepulveda. they have a lot of Hotrod meetings there. Probably would have to make arangements with them to get a date. Also what kind of compression are you getting with that 350 block and 283 heads? I mention that to a guy who might build an engine for me and he seemed to be against it.
Thanks
Old 10-15-2007, 08:15 PM   #87
NF65Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDOG View Post
There's that 50's styled diner in Harbor City, Rickey's (I think thats the name) on the corner of Normandie and Sepulveda. they have a lot of Hotrod meetings there. Probably would have to make arangements with them to get a date. Also what kind of compression are you getting with that 350 block and 283 heads? I mention that to a guy who might build an engine for me and he seemed to be against it.
Thanks
Rickey's would be pretty Ideal huh? Ive heard their cruise nights are pretty cool....Ill look into that place as well. As for the CR with the 283 heads, that is no more but I tell you what, she ran like a bat outta hell before they went! hehehehe...Im sure it had to be over 11:1 though.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:32 PM   #88
NF65Fleetside

Hey guys, as for the Nov. 10th date I was thinking we could use the Tecolote Shores part of Mission Bay, it has some area for the kids, view of the bay, fire pits, bathrooms, parking and shade. heres the link to the parks and recreation page for it. Let me know what you guys think and or if any of the other spots are better. http://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-rec...teshores.shtml
Old 10-15-2007, 11:38 PM   #89
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
Rickey's would be pretty Ideal huh? Ive heard their cruise nights are pretty cool....Ill look into that place as well. As for the CR with the 283 heads, that is no more but I tell you what, she ran like a bat outta hell before they went! hehehehe...Im sure it had to be over 11:1 though.
My 283 is going to take a dump soon soI thought about using the heads on a 350 block. Would not be the engine of choice to cruise to Vegas, but light to light would be awsome. LOL
Old 10-16-2007, 12:43 AM   #90
Kex

Quote:
Where the heck is Adam's Hill?
Right near Adam's Square. It's ... well ... a hill, a bump in the landscape! Basically, South of the 134 and North of downtown, East of Griffith Park and nestled inside the triangle of the 2/5/134 freeways. It's cute, actually, and not too expensive by L.A. standards.

Here's some reading, including an old article from the L.A. Times (prices have more than doubled since then).

http://www.latimes.com/classified/re...ass-realestate
http://www.adamshill.org/history/history.html
Old 10-16-2007, 12:54 AM   #91
NF65Fleetside

Quote:
My 283 is going to take a dump soon soI thought about using the heads on a 350 block. Would not be the engine of choice to cruise to Vegas, but light to light would be awsome. LOL
for sure! do it! you wont regret it....just make sure you got the right carb/fuel and cooling. I went wrong cause I didnt have proper cooling going on.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:34 PM   #92
NF65Fleetside

whats the haps fellas? we do'n this or whaaaa?!
Old 10-19-2007, 02:30 PM   #93
Kex

Quote:
whats the haps fellas? we do'n this or whaaaa?!
Hey NF! If you mean the San Diego November event, I won't make it. If you're talking about something else nearer to L.A. county, I'ld love to meet up with some of the guys as a n00b here and will do my best to fit in with any plans the revered members from the area will come up with! Thanks. Kex.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:36 PM   #94
Sinister
Between Trucks...

I'd like an event closer to L.A. as well...
Old 10-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #95
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
I'd like an event closer to L.A. as well...
Ditto!!!
Not that San Diego is a bad spot. Why was that picked anyway? Just curious.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:45 PM   #96
crzngmychvy
"1972 C5"

I hadn't given my opinion on nov 10th for a while because a family thing came up on that weekend and I would not be able to go. I would still like to participate in something but that weekend is a no go for me.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:44 PM   #97
suzq044
Resident Photoshop Nerd

Anybody going to the auto-swap/show thing tomorrow morning @ qualcomm? 6a-2p @ the Q.. 5$ to get in; under 13 free - free parking.. just curious if you guys are going
Old 10-21-2007, 12:26 PM   #98
ante_up13

I am interested in board meets...Irvine
Old 10-21-2007, 12:52 PM   #99
Dave Kay

Whoa! Just found this site... Orange Co here, got a couple of projects in the works; daily driver is '86 C3500 1-ton recently aquired from lein-sale... many headaches but coming along. Then I'm planning a resto on my old '77 C20 longbed Stepside that I've owned for 23 yrs. Great site, looking forward!

DK
Old 10-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #100
Kex

Detailing in Glendale

Hey guys, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right spot here, but I've just been trying to find a good place that charges reasonable prices for a good detail of the interior (and possibly exterior, at some stage, but I mostly do that myself ... ahem ... when I do it, that is!). Anyone ever heard of Courtland's? There at 642 Sonora Ave (Western Ave. exit on the 5) and even have a website www.courtlandsautodetail.com.

When I dropped off my "other" car (which I won't mention here or I might get banned) they had two or three old Chevrolet trucks being worked on. I kinda liked the feel of the place (even if it was a bit untidy) but I was just wondering if anybody new any good addresses locally where I could get car & truck interior detailing done properly without taking out a bank loan and/or if anybody has heard of Courtland's.