The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-24-2002, 10:04 PM   #1
Alex Hayley

Question how to install window weatherstripping

Is there any documentation out there to guide me through installing the division bar felt, channel run and the window scraper and felt on a '72? I have looked through the service manual and it does not seem to cover it completely. Or perhaps someone has done this and can give a step-by-step howto.
Alex Hayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 10:35 PM   #2
Benrs86

well if your not doing the ventwindow rubber it should be easy. if i were you i would take out all the glass and clean it good and it will give you more room to work. take the 3 screws on slanted part on front of door holding the wing it, take the door panel off (watch the clip when you take them off the cranks) take the 2 screws holding the front channel and the 2 holding the back channel, roll the window down and push it back. pull the wing back, up, twist 90 and pull out. slide the window back and forth to get it out of the track and pull the glass out. then the felt in the front channel scrapes out wiht scredriver. pull the rest out. it all just pushes in. the scrapers come out easy. no problem. this should be really easy. the wing window rubber is somewhat hard. doing just the felt is a piece of cake. good luck, Ben

------------------
Brandon, SD
69 GMC 1/2 ton 2wd
wide long bed with wood
3 on the tree
350 engine 4 bolt main
rv cam
AIM = Alphray04

3 on the tree
350 engine 4 bolt main
rv cam
AIM = Alphray04
Benrs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 10:52 PM   #3
neonlarry

The channel part is easy. When I did mine the hardest part is getting the old stuff out. For some reason on mine the division bar felt fits so tight on the window that you can't roll it up with one hand. I bought the stuff from early classic enterprises, and other than the one problem it was pretty good. I don't know if I would buy the division bar felt from them though. I saw one that was done with parts from JC whitney, and that actually worked better than the stuff I used and and it was a lot cheaper.
neonlarry is offline   Reply With Quote