The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
Rochlow

Uship.com

Oh my lord!!! If you ever tried to use this site to ship a truck, I have to tell ya!! What a cluster *#&@!!!

You have to bid and pay a desposit to get contact info of the shipper. if the shipper cancels the bid then they give you reimbursment towards your next bid.

I'm on the verge of jumping on a plane, going to the nearest Uhaul and renting a box truck and trailer and doing it myself...
Rochlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
OC 72

Re: Uship.com

Hey Rochlow..try this link...
http://www.transportreviews.com/
OC 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
fine69

If you think it sucks trying to list your vehicle there to be hauled.....try being a hauler and not being able to get someones number.

OH yea, and i am moving this to General Discussion.

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
fine69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochlow View Post
Oh my lord!!! If you ever tried to use this site to ship a truck, I have to tell ya!! What a cluster *#&@!!!

You have to bid and pay a desposit to get contact info of the shipper. if the shipper cancels the bid then they give you reimbursment towards your next bid.

I'm on the verge of jumping on a plane, going to the nearest Uhaul and renting a box truck and trailer and doing it myself...
In reality, you have to list your shipment. Its free.

BUT, you have to wait on bids from haulers. Then IF you chose a hauler you "accept" the bid. Then you have to pay a listing fee. Then a "DEPOSIT".
The deposit is actually the amount Uship charges the HAULER(who you accept to haul your car/truck). Then the hauler gets the rest of the bid from YOU.

They just ACT like it is a deposit. It is 15% of the total bid. They do not let you get in touch with a hauler until you ACCEPT a bid from a hauler.

Yep it sucks.

Board member #6

Old 01-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
Rochlow

Well, at least one person knows what I'm talking about.. what PITA!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:17 PM   #6
fine69

And if you watched "Shipping Wars" on A & E tonight you will probably cringe at the thought of using Uship.
I did. And i have never had anything hauled by anyone there. Just hauled for others.

Never had an experience like those on the show. AWEFUL.

Board member #6

Old 01-11-2012, 12:06 AM   #7
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

That show was full of the biggest dumbashes I have ever seen... even goofier then the repo guys
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #8
pat386
misshape grape

I know a lot of independents in the trucking industry that have never had a good thing to say about uship.com
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #9
Rochlow

That dude with the long hair is killing his business by acting like an ass on the show.

I think I've found a guy on the site that seems like a pretty decent guy and responded quick. He is local to were the truck is and will deliver it the same day he picks it up. It's about 250 miles from me, but being the dead of winter makes it a pain in the arse. Plus, the weather says we are expecting a noreastern in the next couple days..
Old 01-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #10
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
That show was full of the biggest dumbashes I have ever seen... even goofier then the repo guys
Please dont get me started on those shows.. they have one on tru tv that started the Lizard Lick show called All worked up.. they have a process server guy on there Byron Mc Elderry or something like that. THis jerk claims to be a professional process server but every day he gets beat up... Ive been a professional process server for over 26 years and have served tens of thousands of papers in the same area. Ive served everyopne from Park Avenue doctors to lawyers to politicians to famous artists to Shabba Ranks (regae singer) and Don King the boxing promoter as well as professional athletes. In 26 years ive been physically attacked once.. it was from the chief of surgery of a hospital's wife.. this was in the late eighties.. Ive had some people get a little loud ive had people throw the paers back at me.. but not like this guy.. besides he asks for it.. In NY once you have made contact and have put the papers in the path of the person they are served. they dont have to sign they dont have to accept the papers..
Ive always gotten pics etc to prove my service.. and in being dragged to court for a hearing to ensure proper service ive never been once found in any kind of violation that will throw out my service..
THis February 28 my license expires.. The city has done things now that have driven my license from $66 to now $366 bi annualy and they now require electronic monitoring through an android based phone, required a heavy bond and other things that have significantly reduced the money i make so im letting my license expire and am retiring as my wife and I have decided to go into real estate investing instead.
Its jerks like this Mc Elderry guy that gave my business a bad name ( as well as idiots that sewer serve)
I guess its like those idiots at lizard lick and these other shows.. theres always a few screwballs that shouldnt be in the business

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #11
fun in dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
And if you watched "Shipping Wars" on A & E tonight you will probably cringe at the thought of using Uship.
I saw that...ridiculous! Especially chancing hauling that metal horse under the low bridge...HELLO have you ever heard of a tape measure! No way would I ever use them!!!
'06 Silverado SS...DD
'06 C1500 WT...DD
'07 Classic C1500 WT...DD
Built & sold cause can't keep 'em all:
'72 Blazer "The Bucket" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=433190
'55 Chevy straight axle gasser https://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173938
'69 Pro Street Chevelle http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332541
'86 M1031 CUCV http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=553619
fun in dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #12
no moa

I lol'd at his ranting. he reminds me of a taller, smoking, longhair'd Dave Hester from Storage wars.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451950

1971 c10 step 250 3 OTT

1969 c30 TOW-MATER. 307 4 speed, holmes 440 body.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451082

2006 CTS-V LS2 6spd.
no moa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #13
big_al_71

250 miles?

Fly and drive back regardless of weather it will be cheaper easier and more secure..

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #14
BarryB

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_al_71 View Post
250 miles?

Fly and drive back regardless of weather it will be cheaper easier and more secure..
this is what I would do, I've done several transactions that distance, and it always worked out better for me to drive down, drive or pick up what I bought back.
My last purchase was in atlanta, Ga. over 200 miles one way. Took my wife and son. Drove my wifes car down. rented a uhaul trailer loaded her car up , and towed it home with the truck I just bought.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #15
Rochlow

That works well in warm climate states.. However we are expecting a storm and getting 3"-6" of snow.

Plus to rent the truck and trailer is $375. I'm having it shipped for $488.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #16
ThreeQtr

I want to bring this up again in that I have found a suburban in Montana (I'm in Florida)that I would like to get. I looked on here for other posts on shipping a vehicle and saw everyone SUGGESTED uship.
Using uships "price estimater" I was shown $1,009.83 as a reference price. After posting , most quotes were over $2,200.00!
Eventually I got quotes comming in between $1,500 and $1,700. However, while the those shippers had alot of good things said about them, I became leary after reading the posted cancellations. Some having canceled an amount equal to 30% of what they shipped - with many being because the clients couldn't get responses from the shippers after days waiting.
Any references or suggestions on how to find an inexpensive yet reliable transporter?
ThreeQtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #17
fine69

One of the largest problems with Uship is making people understand that they can't get it shipped for FREE.

Fuel prices are outrageous. Which we ALL know. But people still think that $1.00 per mile is too much.

A while back i had a guy tell me how he could haul his own car for 1/2 of what anyone wanted. I said SO YOU WANT SOMEONE DO DO IT FOR FREE?

Board member #6

Old 03-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #18
ThreeQtr

Obviously, I don't want it for free and I transport people for a living, so I definitetly understand the cost. Liability insurance, fuel,etc. We get $3.50 a mile plus pick-up and drop-off charges. However, we take one person at a time and our clients are special medical needs people.
I also understand independents transporting one vehicle at a time would be hard press competing with a company able to haul 3 or more autos at a time.
The suburban I'm looking at is $3,000.00 itself. I'm just trying to find out if I can get a company with a good reputation to deliver to my house for $1,500 or less.
My other option was to have it sent to Tennesse to my parents , but uship won't (that can tell) show as an alternate without 'relisting' again.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #19
fine69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeQtr View Post
Obviously, I don't want it for free and I transport people for a living, so I definitetly understand the cost. Liability insurance, fuel,etc. We get $3.50 a mile plus pick-up and drop-off charges. However, we take one person at a time and our clients are special medical needs people.
I also understand independents transporting one vehicle at a time would be hard press competing with a company able to haul 3 or more autos at a time.
The suburban I'm looking at is $3,000.00 itself. I'm just trying to find out if I can get a company with a good reputation to deliver to my house for $1,500 or less.
My other option was to have it sent to Tennesse to my parents , but uship won't (that can tell) show as an alternate without 'relisting' again.
I didn't think that you wanted it done for free. Not at all.

But i can't even get hauls from Uship anymore because of that issue.
That and getting shippers to answer questions you ask them.

Try listing it and having it delivered to your parents. If you can make a deal to get it there with a hauler just ask them about hauling it farther once you make the first deal.

Board member #6

Old 03-12-2012, 06:34 AM   #20
ThreeQtr

It is listed still for shipment to my house.
Any changes made 'cancels' the original listing.
I'm guessing it's prices and that you haul 1 unit at a time is what you mean about not hauling for uship - another transporter on this forum says they only do high end autos and a days drive transports to save on overnight expenses.
One company offering bids only do vehicles they can drive from point A to Point B.
I don't have to buy the suburban if I can't the rate I feel comfortable with.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:06 PM   #21
RedRider

Bumpin' an old thread in case anyone is considering uship.com for transport in 2017...

Moving two vehicles from NorCal to SoCal (one being my C-10). Booked with a guy who had very positive reviews. Scheduled the transport, went back and forth on details, then never heard from the guy. When I looked at his negative/cancellation reviews it became apparent that he was flaky and somewhat dishonest. Ended up cancelling and getting my money back.

Moral of the story: review the cancellations tab to get a better feel for the shipper. If I would've read that instead of the positive feedback, I wouldn't have booked with that individual.
RedRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:17 PM   #22
flashed

I wont use Uship again .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:37 AM   #23
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

I used U SHIP to get some hauls when I first started transporting... now I get enough through word of mouth

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:33 AM   #24
alsriv2

Location: Formerly MD and San Diego, now loving life in Arizona

There is an older gentleman in my RV park that is a person who earns his living by specializing in RV movements around the country. He advertises on and bids on jobs through USHIP. He is very selective on the jobs/routes he will accept and will only haul campers and 5th wheels for people that hire his services. For him, it is work he enjoys and it provides a decent living as well as give him the opportunity to see family around the country without costing him a fortune.

2012 Ram 3500 Dually Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK 5th wheel
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
alsriv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:22 AM   #25
RedRider

The Uship.com agony continues even after my truck was delivered! Crawled under the truck last night to find the hauler hooked the winch right over my rear brake line

Never again....
RedRider is offline   Reply With Quote