The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
thodge

Newbie alert: 1967 C10 Fleet LWB

Hello. Well I just purchased a baby blue 1967 C10 LWB Fleetside. It's a 20 footer at best. There's lots of little issues and a couple significant ones too. I'll post a few picts shorty; once I get her in the air.

Anyway, I have a suspiction that the truck maybe registered as a 67, but I think the cab may be a 68. The door jam tag is screwed in and not riveted in, which makes me worry anyway. So I'm going to need your help figuring out just what type of monster I actually own.

Question: Did either the 67 or 68 (or both) have shoulder belts installed? Although there are retractable lap belts installed currently, I see two threaded holes (one in each upper rear corner) that certainly looks like they would support shoulder belts.

Any other obvious things I can look for to determine what year it really is?

Thanks,
Tim
thodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
6772KEVIN

Re: Newbie alert: 1967 C10 Fleet LWB

Every cab I have seen have the holes for the shoulder belt option. I have heard rumors that it was an option but never have come accross one that had them from the factory.
6772KEVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
67chevy1series

There are numerous things that are different from 67 to 68, althought they look the most alike, 67 and 68 have the most differences from each other out of any other 69 72 groups.

67: small ignition bezel, no chrome bezel for cigarette lighter, firewall isn't smoothed out by heater/ A/C box for big block, arm rests are small and have 4 square type bumbs on top, have a small window ( some do) Sun visor hooks mount upside down, sunvisors are skinny'r, vent or wingwindows aredifferent and have different handles, all tw dash knobs have knarled edges or ridges, rear view mirror bracket is point at the bottom and gets fatter/ flatter as it gets to the cab, no marker lights on bedsides or fenders, tailgates have slightly different stamping, hoods rear spot welding and flange is different, door handles inside and out are different and so are the window crank handles, usually have GM tags on the door jamb part of te doors, jacking instructions are different, ash tray face is real flat, glove box door is a textured black with a silver metallic edging, parking light plugs are different fresh air vent handles are different.... And that's all I can think of right now... Theres probably a couple more, so take a picture of any of these things named and post it and I can tell you.
Posted via Mobile Device
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
thodge

WOW! I feel like I just got a drink from a fire-hose!

Thanks...I'll try to examine each of your recommendations and post picts, etc.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
thodge

Here's a couple pictures I took the other day showing the passenger door panel and an exterior shot. Looking for any expert advice/opinion available. Yes, she looks good in the pictures, but there are issues underneath.
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
Dingfodgy
Lemme show you something!!

Looks good at first blush...hope there aren't too many gremlins lurking below the surface.
Definately appears to be a 67. Small back window, '67 only vent, door and window handles, correct arm rests, no marker lights, etc.
I wouldn't worry about the ID tag being screwed vs. riveted on as long as the VIN on the door tag matches the title. It was probably removed for a re-paint and then just screwed back on. If this will be an issue @ inspection time- you can find "reproduced" rosette rivets on ebay.
'95 BMW 325i ("Joy")
Dingfodgy is offline   Reply With Quote