The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-28-2004, 10:45 PM   #1
cornutz
All Praise RANDY!!

700r4 swap...

I was wondering how many of you have swapped out the th350/400 with the 700r4 and just how complicated this is... as far as the logistics and what not.

Any and all help with this would be highly appreciated.
cornutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 11:13 PM   #2
Rods&RidesLeon

700 swap

It quite easy, You will need the yoke to go with it, I don`t remember if a 400 one will work, I don`t think so buT i Could be wrong. The Trans mount will be about 3 inches further back, Alls you should need to add is the bracket for the shift cable to the throttle linkage of the carb. Its a pretty easy swap, you should have no problems,

Oh!! The torque converter bolts are metric and no one ever seams to have them, So If you have a Tranny Shop close see if you can get them there or at the same place you get the converter. And be sure to make sure your starter will work, Depending on you Block modle you may need a different starter, The dust cover you have will fit perfect except maybe a little trimming around the Starter.
Thats the only issues I can think of but all in all, Its an easy fit
Rods&RidesLeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 08:00 AM   #3
gregfull

Leon's right on track. I did mine about 8 months ago. I used the yoke from my TH350. C-T driveshaft made me a one piece for my suburban using my origional yokes. Just take your old driveshaft to the shop and give them a measurement from the end of the shaft in your tranny to the face of the yoke in the rear end. They should be able to handle the rest. Good Luck.
57 Belair
55 Cameo
06 Chevy 1/2 ton crew
09 Suburban
gregfull is offline   Reply With Quote