The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #26
sqrlnts

Re: Vintage Air Sure what?

My mechanical fan is not centered in my radiator. It's much lower so a standard shroud won't fit. A picture is in order.
Posted via Mobile Device
sqrlnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #27
roger55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqrlnts View Post
My mechanical fan is not centered in my radiator. It's much lower so a standard shroud won't fit. A picture is in order.
Posted via Mobile Device
I suggest you go to electric so you can do a good shroud. I think you would be a lot happier with the performance of the A/C cooling as well as the engine cooling. More reliable, better performance and looks a lot better too. Cost is not going to be that much different.

Have I mentioned I dislike pusher fans?
roger55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #28
sqrlnts

I agree, I think a pusher is just a bandaid. My previous two electric fans (cheap) have both let me down which have jaded me towards them. I know they were both no name fans so I am going to look into a reliable one. I already have the controller and the shroud so its a no brainer.

Thanks for the advice!
sqrlnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #29
roger55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqrlnts View Post
I agree, I think a pusher is just a bandaid. My previous two electric fans (cheap) have both let me down which have jaded me towards them. I know they were both no name fans so I am going to look into a reliable one. I already have the controller and the shroud so its a no brainer.
Thanks for the advice!
Yeah, I won't use a cheap or no-name either. Just Spal or Maradyne.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #30
CaptRMW
Custom Sport W/T

Location: Tarpon Springs,Fl & Annapolis,Md. ....................Quaint drinking villages with a fishing problem

If you buy from VA and have an issue and call customer service you will soon find out that they don't give a rip about you or your problem. "Well I guess next time you should buy from our competitor" was their response. I am glad they made me aware of this attitude and I will take their advice.
CaptRMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #31
roger55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRMW View Post
If you buy from VA and have an issue and call customer service you will soon find out that they don't give a rip about you or your problem. "Well I guess next time you should buy from our competitor" was their response. I am glad they made me aware of this attitude and I will take their advice.
That is not their reputation. Nor is it my experience with them at all.

As far as I'm concerned, you took a cheap shot here.

To try and give any credibility to what you just said, you need to provide the whole detailed story of your experience with them.

Last edited by roger55; 08-11-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #32
Russell Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRMW View Post
I'd also like to hear the whole story of how this came about. There are some things about my VA setup that I'm not in love with, but I have no complaints about their customer service.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:33 PM   #33
C10_Dreamin

I am in the middle of my frame on resto and I purchased the vintage air system for my 81 C10 w/factory air. I am done shaving the firewall where the hoses will be routed but now am stuck figuring out a way to mount the compact evaporator unit without drilling holes like the instructions ask, any ideas on how to mount the brackets highlighted without drilling or welding?

Name:  Mounting.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  31.8 KB
C10_Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:10 AM   #34
screaminchevypickup
Laid Back

I always weld mounting points to the inside of the firewall before paint.. I used threaded bungs..

Direct dealers for..

Vintage Air, Porterbuilt, Billet Specialties,Budnik wheels ,eddie motorsports, raceline wheels, intro wheels, Dakota Digital, precision, unisteer, Trimparts, and many many more... Laid Back Recreations.. Full restoration shop and full paint and body..

Kyle

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=574629
screaminchevypickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:35 AM   #35
Greenlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10_Dreamin View Post
I am in the middle of my frame on resto and I purchased the vintage air system for my 81 C10 w/factory air. I am done shaving the firewall where the hoses will be routed but now am stuck figuring out a way to mount the compact evaporator unit without drilling holes like the instructions ask, any ideas on how to mount the brackets highlighted without drilling or welding?

Attachment 1231213
I installed the kit in an 83' a few months ago. If you need any measurement or anything for the holes I would be glad to help. I can't think of any way you could mount it without drilling some holes.

By the way, I thought the instructions for the 73-87 sure fit kit were pretty good. I didn't run into any major problems with the installation.
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:51 AM   #36
C10_Dreamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminchevypickup View Post
I always weld mounting points to the inside of the firewall before paint.. I used threaded bungs..
I haven't painted yet. Just smoothed the firewall with a good quality filler and primed it...I got a mig welder but I don't want to ruin all that work. Guess I didn't think about it beforwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMUXUG6UlZk
Old 03-22-2014, 08:01 AM   #37
C10_Dreamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlee View Post
I installed the kit in an 83' a few months ago. If you need any measurement or anything for the holes I would be glad to help. I can't think of any way you could mount it without drilling some holes.

By the way, I thought the instructions for the 73-87 sure fit kit were pretty good. I didn't run into any major problems with the installation.
I think I'm going to weld some bungs like screaminchevy mentioned.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:29 AM   #38
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10_Dreamin View Post
I think I'm going to weld some bungs like screaminchevy mentioned.
Did the same on a 1950, but we didn't use any of the brackets that came with it we made our own and it fit much better.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #39
Ratpin

My only dealings with them were one of the universal type heaters I put in my '54. It wasn't bad. The directions were clear enough, but the ducting hose in the kit was not long enough to reach both of my defroster vents and it was an odd size. I called them up explained the situation and they shipped my more hose free of charge including shipping. I was happy, but again it was a pretty simple and straight forward install package. Customer service was right though.