The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2019, 12:28 PM   #26
67ranchhand

Re: **do not buy blueprint engines***

Just a thought, are you sure this is the engine you purchased? Was the vendor a reputable company? From the pictures, this engine has a lot of carbon build up, dark colored oil stained pistons, and a ring around the top of the cylinder bore. I have built engines, ran the crap out of them in a demolition derby, tore them apart, and have looked better than this. Just saying, it may or may not be a blueprint engine. Check every option possible.
67ranchhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:30 PM   #27
weq92f

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahart View Post
...But now I see their seasoned heads! Actually... not funny!
Not funny! If it's all about profit, why would they use anything but the cheapest blocks and heads they could get their hands on? If we follow the profit trail, imagine the quality of the components they stuff inside those castings...

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:03 PM   #28
James K

Hate hearing stuff like this.

I bought the BP38313CTC1D and have about 1500 miles on it since May with no issues.
James K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:38 PM   #29
jeffahart

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post
Not funny! If it's all about profit, why would they use anything but the cheapest blocks and heads they could get their hands on? If we follow the profit trail, imagine the quality of the components they stuff inside those castings...

-klb
Yeah, and I kind of feel like the more component failures a company has, the tougher they get on warranty replacement because they're losing money on too many warranty calls. They should have tripped over their feet to get him some H8002K heads, along with an apology.

j
Old 08-23-2019, 01:40 PM   #30
jeffahart

Quote:
Originally Posted by James K View Post
Hate hearing stuff like this.

I bought the BP38313CTC1D and have about 1500 miles on it since May with no issues.
Don't stress, the odds are, your motor is fine. Plus you have the aluminum H8002K heads, I think. Anyhow, I wouldn't worry too much.

j
Old 08-23-2019, 01:56 PM   #31
WorkinLonghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Here in California the Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) oversees what shops do. If you screw up, your case gets published in their newsletter. One time a guy came in with a 442 with leaking transmission lines. The shop that rebuilt the engine positioned the lines wrong and one chafed through on the upper a-arm. I fixed that, no big deal. It also ran really rough, so I pulled a plug to look, and it was obviously old. Put a set of new plugs in it, and it ran great. The shop had charged him for new spark plugs. When the case was was settled, he got ALL his money back because of the one fraudulent charge.

Call the California BAR and complain.

tl;dr version- if they advertised parts as new and they weren't, it is at least fraud.
Tbone67, This ^^^ is your best answer. Calif. B.A.R. can and will shut down a shop that does fraudulent work and all of the shops know this. Call them, but it might be too late . Hopefully you documented every communication with them.

https://www.bar.ca.gov/

Once I had a shop repair a leaking front seal on a Buick 3.8 and it still leaked after the fix and the shop refused to refund my cash payment. I told the owner; "I'll be right back. I'm going to call my man at the B.A.R. and see what he says about this." I walked to a phone booth (remember those?) and then returned and the guy threw my money at my feet and said "You no come back here NO MORE!" I sure didn't. But the point is, forget BBB, the BAR actually has teeth, like a shark and they get results.
'69 GMC C2500 Custom Camper, 8 1/2' bed, New GM 350, NP 435 Close Ratio 4spd. Trans., 3.73 Dana-60 open.Camper and Trailer wiring, PS, PB, AC, tach , three gas tanks, 2nd owner, Work-Truck supreme. Best $300 I ever spent.
WorkinLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:42 PM   #32
jimijam00

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone67 View Post
Now unfortunately I got screwed on this deal.
Did you follow the below instructions completely and accurately?

"BluePrint Engines will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace defective parts or a complete engine. All repairs will be made at the seller’s or distributor’s cost, plus applicable labor pursuant to the labor policy set forth below. PRIOR AUTHORIZATION IS REQUIRED FROM BLUEPRINT ENGINES BEFORE WARRANTY WORK IS BEGUN. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser to pay for such work (including labor and parts) and to submit the alleged defective parts, written order showing all charges and a written receipt for payment of all charges to BluePrint Engines for review and determination by BluePrint Engines that the failure is or is not covered by this Limited Warranty. Contact BluePrint Engines at info@blueprintengines.com or 1-800-483-4263 for a numbered authorization. Repairs or replacements do not extend this Limited Warranty."

Last edited by jimijam00; 08-23-2019 at 06:09 PM.
jimijam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:13 PM   #33
jimijam00

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkinLonghorn View Post
forget BBB, the BAR actually has teeth, like a shark and they get results.
So are you saying the purchase of a crate engine over the internet and shipped to someone that installs it himself is covered by Cali's Auto Repair Act? It would have to be right? After all, that's where BAR gets those teeth from.

Last edited by jimijam00; 08-23-2019 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:53 PM   #34
special-K
Special Order

Seasoned is another word for used, right? What do they know of the history of any block they use? They know nothing until they inspect it for defects. It's not like they have anything to do with the "seasoning" process to lay claim to it. I'm so tired of the smoke & mirrors business model over the do the right thing business model. It's whatever you can get away with these days, and when it comes to warranty? Same thing. Even the word reputable is being misused these days. When did that start meaning BIG?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:18 PM   #35
71gmcC15

When buying somthing asume the warranty will not cover it. Even if it states that it will they will come up with an exsue not to. Kinda like bumper to bumper warranty. I had a friend that had a dodge and it had bumper to bumper warranty. When the cluch and injecters whent out they would not cover it it becouse it was a ( warrible part.) The hole pickup is a warrible part. When it coght fire he had to fight tooth and nail to get them to fix it.
04 chevy Silverado 1500 ext cab 5.3 4l60e.
81 chevy Scottsdale k10 muncie sm465 Np208 10 bolt 8.2 ( Old Green)
71gmcC15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:44 PM   #36
jimijam00

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71gmcC15 View Post
When it coght fire
Because, Dodge.
Old 08-24-2019, 05:52 PM   #37
hitower

Uh oh, I just dropped in a Blueprint 38315CTC1 with the Aluminum heads last week.....
Keep us posted please....
hitower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:36 PM   #38
AussieinNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone67 View Post
I bought a Blueprint 383 crate motor for my 1972 Blazer and it hydro locked after 150 miles over a 4 month period. They told me right away that because I installed it myself, they wouldn't cover labor. Ok, either way I had a Chevrolet dealership do the repair work because I didn't know exactly what I was in for. They started taking apart the motor and discovered that the intake manifold bolts were loose (motor came with the intake) and the heads were old pieces of junk. Major signs of electrolysis and multiple pins installed from crack repairs. This is a high 405 hp engine and you shouldn't be using junk heads waiting to fail. Blueprint kept insisting I overheated the motor and that's why the heads warped. This motor never overheated!!! The junk heads were the cause of this whole thing. The enormous amount of electrolysis on the head and the loose intake manifold bolts with heat and pressure from normal use caused the intake gasket to leak and let coolant flow. This was driven for 150 miles over a 4 month period. Ridiculous!! Keep in mind I bought this motor because it comes with "NEW CAST IRON VORTEC HEADS"!!!!!!!! Buyer beware…it doesn't! Also the cross hatching is gone in the cylinders and they are shining. How can that be gone in 150 miles. I question if it was ever even honed as they say. I'm surprised this thing held together during the so-called dyno run. Blueprint gave me the whole rundown on how they air check everything and torque everything, maybe it held together from them but fell apart for me. I bought this motor because I wanted a reputable company to stand behind their product with a warranty. I didn't want to have some local shop or shade-tree mechanic build one and then have he said/she said issues if a problem would arise. The joke is on me! I understand they can't pay out every warranty claim that comes through the door but I am getting the shaft here. Absolutely depressing and now I am out $2k for labor repairs (not including the tow bill). The Chevrolet dealership agrees with me and also is disappointed with Blueprint not standing behind their product. I watch all these automotive shows with Blueprint sponsorship and advertisements, I was excited and proud to buy my Blueprint motor...not anymore.
1/ Check the invoice has the engine number listed on it...then check engine number matches invoice listed number...if it does not have an engine number on the invoice, how do you know its even a BluePrint engine?

2/ I assume you paid around $4800 for the Blueprint engine?

Do you realize that GM has a brand new 383 engine for $5149 thru Scoggin Dickey?
https://sdparts.com/i-19928346-chevr...ine-323hp.html

2006 Chevy Silverado (Daily Driver)
2012 Chevy Equinox

AussieinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:14 AM   #39
kacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbeef61 View Post
If the vendor said new heads and blueprint said they are not I would be going after the vendor for false advertisement/fraud
Then why arent you blasting the vendor like you are blueprint? Maybe the vendor thought they could pass off some other companies engine as a BPE and no one would know.

post the link to the vendor and engine you bought that specifically says its a BPE.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:15 AM   #40
jeffahart

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieinNC View Post

Do you realize that GM has a brand new 383 engine for $5149 thru Scoggin Dickey?
That engine is on my short list. stated "at least 400 lb.ft between 2,500 and 4,000 RPM" I like that for my sm465 with 4.56 gears. I cruise around 3000 rpm with my stock 350.
The Chevy performance site used to have the horsepower and torque graphs on their website for all their crate engines. But I can't find them on there anymore.

j
Old 08-26-2019, 04:56 PM   #41
Mudflat

328hp for a 383 and 5,000+, no thanks.
Quote:
1/ Check the invoice has the engine number listed on it...then check engine number matches invoice listed number...if it does not have an engine number on the invoice, how do you know its even a BluePrint engine?

2/ I assume you paid around $4800 for the Blueprint engine?

Mudflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:12 PM   #42
AussieinNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflat View Post
The engine from Scoggins is BRAND NEW...400 ft lb of torque in a brand new, fully warranted GM engine...the HP rating is very conservative its the torque that gets the work done....right where you need it between 2500 and 4000 rpm.

Not some hacked up piece of crap with doubtful parts, ASSembled by people that are paid by the unit assembled not by the quality of the result.

This whole post just seems suspect...and we are yet to see the names of the installation vendor or the invoice from the engine builder....get the installation vendor to supply the invoice from their supplier....if they cant, contact an attorney immediately, as you seem to have a good case.

2006 Chevy Silverado (Daily Driver)
2012 Chevy Equinox

Last edited by AussieinNC; 08-26-2019 at 08:18 PM.
AussieinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:39 PM   #43
Grumpy old man

DING DING DING ^ "This whole thread seems suspect " Why hide the vendors name ? Why No pictures of the truck/engine ? Been a member for a year + and the only posts are in this thread ? Why not just pull it out and drop it back off where you got it rather than have a Chevy dealer dive into it ? As far as writing any type of review or contacting the BBB that's just a joke nobody pays any attention to either of them . Does anyone buy anything based on some review ?

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:33 PM   #44
jimijam00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
As far as writing any type of review or contacting the BBB that's just a joke nobody pays any attention to either of them.
The OP sure didn't.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:24 AM   #45
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacy View Post
Then why arent you blasting the vendor like you are blueprint? Maybe the vendor thought they could pass off some other companies engine as a BPE and no one would know.

post the link to the vendor and engine you bought that specifically says its a BPE.
Those have been my thoughts on this. The vendor misled you, by your own admission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflat View Post
These are trucks, son, it's about the torque and that's what a stroker motor is all about. That's a "better 328hp" than a 350 makes. And when did 328hp become something to sneeze at. That NEW ALL GM three hundred and twenty eight actual horsepower is fresh and ready for you to put a whole heap of seasoning on. And if you want more HP it's in there. A quick came swap before installing can add a lot for the cost of a camshaft. This is a fully warranted engine by, I'd say, a fairly reputable enterprise that has a warranty in mind when building engines... and a reputaion.
Quote:
The engine from Scoggins is BRAND NEW...400 ft lb of torque in a brand new, fully warranted GM engine...the HP rating is very conservative its the torque that gets the work done....right where you need it between 2500 and 4000 rpm.

Not some hacked up piece of crap with doubtful parts, ASSembled by people that are paid by the unit assembled not by the quality of the result.

This whole post just seems suspect...and we are yet to see the names of the installation vendor or the invoice from the engine builder....get the installation vendor to supply the invoice from their supplier....if they cant, contact an attorney immediately, as you seem to have a good case.

Yeah, like that ^^^

I hope the recent absence of the OP is due to him being out there making some calls to come back with more accurate information

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:13 AM   #46
mgkgmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
DING DING DING ^ "This whole thread seems suspect " Why hide the vendors name ? Why No pictures of the truck/engine ? Been a member for a year + and the only posts are in this thread ? Why not just pull it out and drop it back off where you got it rather than have a Chevy dealer dive into it ? As far as writing any type of review or contacting the BBB that's just a joke nobody pays any attention to either of them . Does anyone buy anything based on some review ?
Obviously Blue Print DOES read them on the BBB and cares about their reviews and seems to have integrity in their business and actually I know plenty of people who go off reviews either word of mouth, BBB or on the forums I don't know about you.
1989 Swb Silverado
1972 Aj's Stormer

Last edited by mgkgmc; 08-27-2019 at 09:42 AM.
mgkgmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:09 PM   #47
jeffahart

I'm sorry but I couldn't take it anymore. I'm sitting at my desk here so I popped a quick email to Blueprint. As stated above, I am seriously looking at one of their designs. My email below, recipient excluded, as they may wish to ignore my email. Here's my mail, I'm just too curious on this one.

aaaaa,
Wow how fast this year is slipping by. I hate to do this but, is this really one of your heads? Thought you might want to see, and you know, this makes for bad feelings for people in the market for a motor.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=792246

Hope all is well.

jeff
Old 08-27-2019, 12:44 PM   #48
weq92f

Quote:
I'm sorry but I couldn't take it anymore....
Well...since it's done...please do keep us in the loop...!!

If I had been considering on of their offerings, this would be a huge question in my mind as well. Thanks!

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:09 PM   #49
James K

Quote:
Don't stress, the odds are, your motor is fine. Plus you have the aluminum H8002K heads, I think. Anyhow, I wouldn't worry too much.

j
No stress, very happy with mine.

Just hate when someone has a bad experience. But for every company there is good with bad. It is in the way they handle it and so far the OP seems to be getting a poor response to his situation. IMO
James K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 04:31 PM   #50
tbone67

Well I have GREAT NEWS!!! Blueprint has been in contact with me and we came to a resolution that I am absolutely thrilled about. After discussing the details and explaining the situation that I went through with my new engine, they agreed to pay my repair bill in full. Blueprint apologized for using the heads to begin with and said they never should have been installed on my engine in the first place. Along with that, they met with their assembly and quality control teams to make sure that something like this is to never happen again and to use only good quality reman heads for the builds. Also they met with the retailer who is advertising “New Vortec Heads” for this particular engine and the retailer has since changed the layout to no longer advertise “New” heads. They were very sympathetic to the whole ordeal and wanted to ensure me that they do stand behind their builds. I cannot be happier with the outcome and I truly believe now that they do stand behind their product. They have gone as far as to offer any assistance in the future if some issue would arise. Again, I am thoroughly pleased with the outcome and couldn’t be happier. Thank you Blueprint!
tbone67 is offline   Reply With Quote