The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 08:54 AM   #101
see ten
WTB this ad

Re: Check out my 24" wheels, now what??

Lookin good! And I also have "organ donor" on my license. I have also made my family aware of this so that they will know what to do if the situation ever arises.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #102
insanebehavior
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
the recessed monitor looks cool, and at 65$ a hour (most custom shops rate) if it took them less then 2.5 hrs, thats almost like a freebe.....if ya know what i mean
thanks, at this point in the project I am willing to take any freebe I can get. we all know how these projects grow out of proportion. can't wait to show you pics when its done.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #103
insanebehavior
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by see ten View Post
Lookin good! And I also have "organ donor" on my license. I have also made my family aware of this so that they will know what to do if the situation ever arises.
that is cool. my wife and i do alot of volunteer work. i go out and do some speaking as a transplant patient. here are some facts.......one person could benefit up to 65 people........8 major organs and many other parts of the body. dang, i sound like a car salesman don't I??? i appreciate your response.

mark
Old 02-09-2008, 01:57 PM   #104
cflvulcan

you make me jealous, hahaha, your projects are looking good, keep it up...
Old 02-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #105
68 short step

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanebehavior View Post
can't wait to show you pics when its done.
i just wanna see the ones of the recessed monitor, shifty paid for...
Old 02-09-2008, 06:15 PM   #106
bagged69chevy

Quote:
I have not had much of a chance to take many pictures this week so last night I decided to snap a few on the progress. With no experience with suicide doors we went through the painful process of trial and error. I ordered a set of hinges from autoloc. This was after searching for hinges and with no experience the universal hinges worried me. When I saw the autoloc hinge first they looked pretty fancy. The backing plate was about 18 inches tall and the hinges were aluminum and 3 inches wide so I thought this would be a good secure start. They did have plenty of adjustment and I knew when polished the aluminum hinge would look killer. Unfortunately, they would not work because the door would hit the the side of the cab when swinging open. The problem was the the radius on the hinge was to small to swing the door out. Our solution was to build a pair of hinges using the same design as the autoloc hinges incorporating the larger radius. It worked. Our main concern and not shown in the pictures is keeping the door jam sturdy because of these hinges hanging on the door jam. We plan on welding in some additional supports in the back to keep the door sturdy when open. I ordered my one piece side window glass from One Piece Products. For anyone out there looking the eliminate the window vent this system is pretty cool because there is not need for a filler in the front part of the door when you delete the vent. The kit was close to $600 and came with all of the hardware and glass. I have yet to install it but while talking to One Piece Products we got on the subject of flush mounting the front windshield. I did consider the option of having a front windshield made about 1/2" bigger than the original glass. At $1600 it would have been a nice improvement but if the window was ever broken OUCH!!!!! We decided to break some new window channel and weld it on. Around the corners we had to cut this channel in 1 inch pieces and pieced the radius together. We then welded all of in and have started shaping. It looks killer and if anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful. This is what I love about this forum because there are so many helpful and supportive people!!!

THANKS, MARK

Hey mark, I think the hinges that you first purchased were the Electric Life billet hinges. (correct me if im wrong) I was actually considering purchasing those hinges for my truck... Would you consider making me a pair of your hinges too? Let me know.. Thanks!

Nick
Old 02-10-2008, 12:10 AM   #107
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
ha ha, yep, he sure is out there recruiting isn't he. man, we were both inconvenienced by the situation and shook hands and agreed there were worse things in life. not sure what happened after that but he certainly has some kind of crazy rampage going on. bottom line, this is his stuff and he can do whatever he wants. my thread is for fun and good friendship with you guys and the other stuff doesn't belong on my street........... its over for me. on a more possitive note, I have been talking with Nate on designing a tube frame for me. he is so responsible for this truck movement going places were it has never been before. I am pretty excited about that. i am in the process of installing the ART stuff on my frame. I am going to sell the frame and the ART air ride suspension. For me it would be much easier to put together a rolling chasis and sell as one piece, if i could get my money back out of my air ride suspension i would practically give the frame away in the package. no hurry though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
i just wanna see the ones of the recessed monitor, shifty paid for...
guys please keep the discussion about deals in the thread already started about it. That area is there to keep stuff like this off the main boards, and not all over many posts.
Thanks
Old 02-10-2008, 03:29 AM   #108
shifty
Questionable

Ok, but, for the record, I'm not recruiting. You've tossed enough false accusations at me in the past few days which you later found to be invalid - if you want to keep things on topic, I'd recommend not making false comments about people you've recently screwed over, or someone is bound to respond (like this)

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 02-10-2008 at 03:39 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:17 AM   #109
Inthuwind
Straight jacket required

Awesome builds man, SUBSCRIBED!!! Keep the pics flowing when you have time-LOL.
3/5 static/ 12bolt rear 3:73
1979 Pontiac Trans Am
10th Anniversary/455/4spd
2011 H-D Street Glide - CAMMED n lowered
Dad always said,"Son, if you can't be good...be good at it."
Old 02-10-2008, 04:45 AM   #110
insanebehavior
Account Suspended

hey thanks to guys like you I can post this stuff. it is a little crazy right now in my garage with all this stuff going on. I think I am addicted!!! I promised one of the guys I would post some pics of the garage and I will try to do so. I am without a doubt a chevy guy. the only problem we have a 1952 F-word pickup we are putting air ride on and a Shelby F-word cobra in there and if those pics turned up on this website I might be looking for trouble!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthuwind View Post
Awesome builds man, SUBSCRIBED!!! Keep the pics flowing when you have time-LOL.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:49 AM   #111
insanebehavior
Account Suspended

thanks liz, sorry about any wrongdoing here but 68stepside has already placed two out of line posts on my thread and since I wasn not getting any help elsewhere I responded, this is an awesome forum and congrats to you on running it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
guys please keep the discussion about deals in the thread already started about it. That area is there to keep stuff like this off the main boards, and not all over many posts.
Thanks
Old 02-10-2008, 05:40 AM   #112
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
thanks liz, sorry about any wrongdoing here but 68stepside has already placed two out of line posts on my thread and since I wasn not getting any help elsewhere I responded, this is an awesome forum and congrats to you on running it.
wow thats much nicer then your pm, and thank you.

Quote:
i find the words of another member calling me a liar, a thief, and a dishonest person hateful. While this guy is blowing this way out of proportion i appear to be repromanded by you because of using capital letters?? that is so wrong but your the boss. so, this guy has much more time than me obviously and I have much more important things to do other than hold court in a forum I joined to have fun. I am personally not worried about it. Obviously it is your forum and you can manage it how you see fit. My only question is do you allow these people these people to sabotage my thread???? If you do then I will know how to handle it. My life goes beyond this kind of non-sense....the frame was not for sale on your site and this guy approached me about buying it and know this. I am really enjoying the 3 projects I am working on and have had fun sharing pictures with some of the nice people I have met. If you don't want me on the forum no problem....say the word..........no hard feelings.
with that said, you asked how I would handle it and here it is...so in simple terms..
cut the bull****, deal with the deal post on that thread, stop PMn me after asking for me that a different moderator help you to deal with your issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanebehavior
Liz, I see no reason to respond to the obvious misguided and untrue words of Shifty. Maybe I am mistaken but it looks as though you have participated in this thread. So do I understand that another member can accuse me of robbing them? I might ask in fairness to refer this matter to another moderator?
This is clearly hate mail.
Calling me at home after being told Josh would get with you this weekend and can ya tell im getting a wee bit annoyed yet??????????? carry on with the original topic and keep the bs out of this thread or it will be closed
Old 02-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #113
bagged69chevy

Can you explain a little better about how you flush mounted your front window? Did you cut out the original window surround? or did you simply add metal underneath and around the edges? Thanks!
Old 02-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #114
insanebehavior
Account Suspended

in hind sight we spent a lot of time building those hinges. they look awesome but i personally feel like autoloc makes another set of suicide door hinges i feel are much easier to install. i will post a picture of them and a typical installation. others on the forum may have other ideas but this is my opinion. these hinges allow for plenty of hinge swing altlhough the mounting plate must be recessed in the door. because we were experimenting with different hinges i cut alot of metal out of the door so next time i do this i will have a better plan. we took alot of the stability out of the door by doing this and we ended up coming back and securing the door jam to the back of the cab. those doors are not light and the door jam didn't have enough strength once we had the door hung. I would be happy to cut out templetes for the hinges we made and send to you but i think these auto loc units are better. they list for over$400 on the autoloc site but i bought mine on ebay for like $160.00. check out these pics of a website i saw were a guy build his own hinges out of 2 x 4 tubing. i will try to find the website and send it to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged69chevy View Post
Hey mark, I think the hinges that you first purchased were the Electric Life billet hinges. (correct me if im wrong) I was actually considering purchasing those hinges for my truck... Would you consider making me a pair of your hinges too? Let me know.. Thanks!

Nick
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #115
insanebehavior
Account Suspended

sorry i have not replied to this but my pictures are at my office and i will post some for you if you want. when we removed the factory window trim we knew we had 1/2" of gap between the window and the metal window channel. my buddy max bent up a step channel that we were able to weld to the factory metal window channel so we could close in the 1/2" gap. when we got to the corners we cut the step channel in 1" pieces and welded them in one at a time to get the radius. we came back in and welded in the gaps we had between the 1" pieces on the corners. the other major issue we found was how the windshield transitioned into the top of the roof. just picture a window on a new truck and how it meets the roof. it is basically one continuous line up the window and then a gentle radius back over the roof. the front of the roof of the c10 is rounded (it almost like a dang hate on top of the cab) and we had to literally change the front of the c10 roof so we could achieve the proper transition from glass up through the roof. we built a step channel i wanted to explain the problems we faced. we have since smoothed the side window pillars and will be working on smoothing the upper window frames on the side doors. we really want the cab to look like a new one. our objective on this truck is to remove as many of the lines on the truck as possible.
Quote:
Can you explain a little better about how you flush mounted your front window? Did you cut out the original window surround? or did you simply add metal underneath and around the edges? Thanks!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #116
bagged69chevy

Quote:
sorry i have not replied to this but my pictures are at my office and i will post some for you if you want. when we removed the factory window trim we knew we had 1/2" of gap between the window and the metal window channel. my buddy max bent up a step channel that we were able to weld to the factory metal window channel so we could close in the 1/2" gap. when we got to the corners we cut the step channel in 1" pieces and welded them in one at a time to get the radius. we came back in and welded in the gaps we had between the 1" pieces on the corners. the other major issue we found was how the windshield transitioned into the top of the roof. just picture a window on a new truck and how it meets the roof. it is basically one continuous line up the window and then a gentle radius back over the roof. the front of the roof of the c10 is rounded (it almost like a dang hate on top of the cab) and we had to literally change the front of the c10 roof so we could achieve the proper transition from glass up through the roof. we built a step channel i wanted to explain the problems we faced. we have since smoothed the side window pillars and will be working on smoothing the upper window frames on the side doors. we really want the cab to look like a new one. our objective on this truck is to remove as many of the lines on the truck as possible.

Ya if you dont mind, could you post some pictures? Im not exactly sure what "step channel" is.... did you have to add any metal behind the window to push it out? thanks!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #117
insanebehavior
Account Suspended

i am sorry. i will post them and then p.m. you to let you know. i moved the truck out of my main garage because of all of the grinding so i did not get to many pics. i am sure i can find some scraps of the step channel to take a picture of. hey, i will be selling the drop member i bought from Porterbuilt Street Rods. I have been looking at all of their custom tube frames and i am going to have one designed by Nate. he will be building me a new drop member for the tube frame. i did have the drop member mocked up on the truck but otherwise it is in new condition. i am selling it at a little bit of a discount to get it out of my garage. i think they are $1350? and i would sell mine for $1000.00 but buyer pays shipping. do you know about the selling guidelines? i have seen some people advertise on their thread but not sure if that is allowed. send you pics hopefully tomorrow. mark
Quote:
Ya if you dont mind, could you post some pictures? Im not exactly sure what "step channel" is.... did you have to add any metal behind the window to push it out? thanks!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #118
bagged69chevy

Quote:
i am sorry. i will post them and then p.m. you to let you know. i moved the truck out of my main garage because of all of the grinding so i did not get to many pics. i am sure i can find some scraps of the step channel to take a picture of. hey, i will be selling the drop member i bought from Porterbuilt Street Rods. I have been looking at all of their custom tube frames and i am going to have one designed by Nate. he will be building me a new drop member for the tube frame. i did have the drop member mocked up on the truck but otherwise it is in new condition. i am selling it at a little bit of a discount to get it out of my garage. i think they are $1350? and i would sell mine for $1000.00 but buyer pays shipping. do you know about the selling guidelines? i have seen some people advertise on their thread but not sure if that is allowed. send you pics hopefully tomorrow. mark
Im really not sure about selling and buying guildlines.. I wish i could help you out with the crossmember, but I built my own frame. I'll check out the pics hopefully tomorrow.. Thanks!

Nick
Closed Thread