The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #476
jcaugmented

Re: Project...praise the lowered

wow! lookN good man!
Originally Posted by 67cheby View Post
old school stagger / with new school swagger !! sorry just felt like Ryming
In case your wondering:
The front: 17x7 245/45/17 Kumho Ecsta XS
The Rear: 17x11 315/35/17 Kumho Ecsta XS
jcaugmented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #477
(joey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaugmented View Post
wow! lookN good man!
thanks dude.got a couple more things done this week.the front bumper was tilt upward a little.so i made some 1/4 inch shims to go behind it.i installed them and it seems to be way better.started installing the compressor,the battery tray is almost ready to bolt in.got the final coats of clear on the wood.got the aluminum back on where my exhaust port is.not a whole lot of time to work on it the last couple days but moving forward any amount helps.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #478
(joey)

for to days update,i did some more work to the bed floor.i marked and drilled my holes in the frame for the floor where the carriage bolts will go through,finished cutting/bending/drilling/priming and rock guarding my steel strips that go between the boards,sprayed the bottom side of the boards with rock guard to protect them from weather and gravel ect.and stained/cleared the pieces of wood that run vertical up the enclosure box.back at it tomorrow.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #479
Gokart Mozart

thought ran thru my mind - hood pins

http://www.hotchkis.net/quick_releas...d_pin_kit.html

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-18...hood-pins.aspx

http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...hood-pin-woes/

or not...
Gokart Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #480
oldman3

Beds looking great....Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #481
67cheby
67cheby

What he said ! Nice
Posted via Mobile Device
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:45 AM   #482
raull

good idea leaning wood against the front section !!!!!

71 c/10 step side 5.3 twin turbo

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=485320

raul
raull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #483
(joey)

i had no idea they made so many high tech hood pins.looks like a weekend project in the future.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #484
(joey)

thanks for the comments on the wood guys.not too bad for knowing nothing about wood.i have to say it smells better then steel.so i have been at it hard.yesterday i drilled some holes for where the steel strips will mount to the steel frame i made under the wooden floor and to mount the box to the frame.and then i drilled some more.when i was all done drilling i realized i missed some holes and drilled some more.what a work out.i also made the rest of my steel strips including the ones that go around my wheel tubs and fabbed a 1x1 steel frame for the cover to my enclosure box..that ate up the whole day.so it was back at it today.i made a couple 1x1 steel pieces that ran from one side to the other on the face of my enclosure box.this is where i will bolt the ends of my steel strips that run vertical to hold the new wood strips in place.confused yet?then i spent a couple hours re painting front suspension pieces that were rusted from the grinding dust after so many fitting mods since i have gotten everything mounted in place.then it was on to doing the bottom of my frame in a fresh coat of paint.sitting all last summer out in my driveway took its toll on my new paint.also was able to sand and polish most of my under hood aluminum pieces.they look great .the pictures dont do justice

Old 05-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #485
oldman3

Looking better each time.....Jim
Old 05-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #486
67cheby
67cheby

Awesome !
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #487
68GMCCustom
Truck and auto performance nut

awesome job on that polishing.....that's a lot of hot and dirty work! What do you use on large pieces like that?

'68 GMC short step - NIB '09 LY6 6.0L crate motor w/mods, NIB '12 crate 4L85e w/billet 3k stall Circle D, 3.73 posi 12 bolt, DynaTech f-swap headers, 3/4 drop, handling mods, etc. - my toy
'72 Chevy LWB C-10 Highlander - 350/350 ps/pb/tilt/ac - not original but close
'06 Chevy TrailBlazerSS - LS2/4L70e - little black hot rod SUV - my DD
'18 Kia Sorento - wife's econo-driver
'95 Chevy S10 - reg cab shortbed, LS, 4.3, auto...

my '68's powertrain and chassis build -links broken
A surprise phase - carb to efi -links broken
68GMCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #488
(joey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68GMCCustom View Post
awesome job on that polishing.....that's a lot of hot and dirty work! What do you use on large pieces like that?
most of it is good ol wear my fingers off hand sanding and polishing with a rag.i had a buffer on a drill for my intake a while ago but my drill commit suicide last week so it was on to the good old fashion way.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:56 PM   #489
(joey)

just a quick update for the followers,im picking up a willwood adjustable prop valve with built in brake light on friday,measured for my new fuel lines i should be building real soon,picked up the rest of my air fittings to run from the tank and got my wood top mocked up.i didnt have alot of time to work on the old girl today but it was progress

Old 05-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #490
VA72C10
VA72C10

looks good!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #491
kev2809
low n' slo

i really like that stain you used on the wood, it goes real good with black..

what did you use?

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:16 AM   #492
(joey)

well.i made my own.i mixed some paint thinner with black rust paint at about 4-1 ratio and gave it a try.it worked perfect.just wiped on one coat with a rag and let it set for about a half hour then cleared it.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #493
(joey)

its been a while since my last update but i have been going at it strong.even had a great helper for a day.it was awesome to have someone over that knows what they are doing.i would just list off what needed to be done and let him go at it.im sure i will forget to list some things that were checked off the list but i will try to think back.i cut/bent and drilled the flat bar that runs on the box top.then primed/painted/box linered them,removed factory fuel line and return line and replaced them with high pressure aviation grade lines,made a bracket for the new prop valve and wired it to the brake light wires,the abs unit under the cab was removed and installed a new rear brake line in place,plumed the rest of the air system and my buddy finished wiring it,a license plate light was installed,fuse for the new horn was installed,more misc wiring was done,compressor and air tank is now bolt down in place,i bought all my carriage bolts yesterday,got them painted and installed them today.had to do some mods to my steel strips but they are now all in place,stained and cleared my enclosure top.started to do the vinyl on my steering wheel and did a test fit. i know im missing more but i have been busy the last few days.getting so close to test drive time

Old 05-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #494
oldman3

Starting to take shape....Jim
Old 05-24-2012, 12:08 AM   #495
67cheby
67cheby

Looking good !
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #496
(joey)

a couple more updates for you guys.yesterday i fabbed some aluminum panels for the inside of the box where it was still open.because im rushing to get it done i just kept it simple for now.i will be bead rolling them and polishing them proper at a later date.also picked up four new shocks.i was able to locate and drill the holes to mount the rear`s before i had to take off.i gave them a try and they work perfect.on with the fronts tomorrow.also wondering any one reading this with an air bag setup ever have a problem with a new check valve.i discovered early in the week when i first hooked up my new compressor that it wasnt pumping any air.turns out the check valve was stuck shut.i tried to free it up but had no luck.any one else ever run into this problem with a new valve?

Old 05-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #497
npc1

Well make sure your check valve is going in the right direction. I blew up and when I say I blew up I mean fire ball and alluminum chunks flying everywhere had to check myself for holes and change my pants and couldnt hear out of my left ear for over a month all because I put one on backwards. "Leason learned the hard way". But other than that no I never had a problem with a new one sticking but have had some old ones stick open and leak back through to the compressor.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #498
(joey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by npc1 View Post
Well make sure your check valve is going in the right direction. I blew up and when I say I blew up I mean fire ball and alluminum chunks flying everywhere had to check myself for holes and change my pants and couldnt hear out of my left ear for over a month all because I put one on backwards. "Leason learned the hard way". But other than that no I never had a problem with a new one sticking but have had some old ones stick open and leak back through to the compressor.
thats insane.so lucky all you wrecked is a pair of underwear and loss of hearing for a month.high pressure is scary $h*t.my setup is definitely not backwards.the check valve came already hooked up on the compressor and i double checked the flow arrow was pointed the right way.when i took it off i had to use small screw driver and push really hard just to open the valve and same with it to return to the closed position.i wrote to the person i ordered from and he said to write viair about it and if i have no luck he could take one off another compressor and send it.keep in mind its not the sellers fault at all and its great he would rob one off another compressor but it would be shipped from his company in the US and anything i order south of the border takes so long to get here.so i ended up ordering one from a Canadian company and it should be here by Friday.so on another note.got the rear shocks completely installed,made and installed new front shock mounts then installed the new front shocks,ran a wire and fuse to a keyed source to my compressor relay and more small wiring.i will post some pics tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #499
(joey)

well guys i didnt have much of a chance to update lately.but to keep it short i have been working my a$$ off.it seams like the closer i get to the end the more issues i had to work out.but today it all payed off.i was able to drive it for the first time and needless to say im still shaking.what a feeling.now i am almost to the point of having it wrapped up enough i can actually go home and relax at night i will try to keep you guys updated for the rest of the build.oh and after getting the new rubber installed it dropped her on the crossmember.ooooohhhhh yeah it sits perfect now.heres a couple pics

Old 06-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #500
oldman3

Looks great, happy for you dude....Jim