The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2016, 03:58 PM   #11
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggyfreud View Post
I felt that way after painting my transmission too. I thought "wow I just spent a lot of time painting something no one will see, and I hope I don't have to look at too often." Oh well . . . hobby of love, not of logic, right?
Got to do stuff like that.

I only have to look at your awesome build and the detail you added into it to know that despite having no use, it was the right thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
A M E N brother.
AMEN TO YOUR AMEN BROTHER !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
X2 on that tranny paint job. I'm guilty of the same thing. Maybe the guy at the muffler shop will appreciate it.

Nice score Rian… seems to me that your swap meets have just as much cool stuff as any over here and you have the eye to find it.
really like that flip top filler cap, very cool.
Clem, the Swapmeet always brings something interesting, and this year a few well priced items, but the filler cap, which someone suggested could be marine in Origen definitely was the best.

Same as cleaning, painting items, I did ask myself why did I clean the inside of the inlet manifold....? Coz I can.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60chevyjim View Post
Rian
I was just talking with JB about his 65's truck chassis that im building for him
and I just told him im going to paint his th350 because I painted everything else .
and then I come in the house to take a brake and I see that you just painted your trans .
I think a lot of us think the same way Jim.

There will be more jobs I do that serve absolutely no purpose, except for myself.

Currently looking for one or more of these old style valve covers below to experiment with, any idea which years they were available so that I can search on Evilbay.

Only want to cut the top off it, so it's about form, not function.

Please PM if you have any leads.

Not sure if I really can ask on here as I am not a trader, but let's see what the UK guys know.

Off to Wheels day tomorrow.

Hope to find some stuff here again.

Weather promises to behave as well.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote