The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-05-2014, 06:12 PM   #1
JHT67

Need some advice

I've got my truck on Craigslist and this guy wants to trade. Is it worth considering or just say no thanks?

"Would you be interested in a 83 s10 in trade? It's got a 406 small block with solid lifter cam that is very sound and powerful, with a posi rear end with new moser axels, four brand new tires and just replaced all u joints and carrier bearing. As for the body it is in amazing shape and straight"

"Prob won't find one with this good of a body ever again, I just bought the rear end last week and put it in, was told it was 410 gear when I bought it, that turns out not to be true, more like 456. I drive it daily to work 2 mile from my house and all around town, but it would need the gear changed or the original rear end put back in it. The original rear end ables me to run 65mph at around 2300rpm, but it's not positract. The rear end I just put in it has brand new moser axles and a Richmond posi carrier, just need to change the gear. I was gonna put a 355 gear set in it for $80....but other than that yes it's a very sound truck, just depends what you planned to do with it, I planned to race it but the original rear end made it a nice cruiser"

Having trouble getting pics to load, I'll keep trying
Going through life's daily grind, I can feel the effects of this physical body's fleeting days, But with a young spirit I look toward a brighter day, knowing that in the eyes of eternity, I am but a babe in the arms of my Lord.........
JHT67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:34 PM   #2
michael bustamante

Re: Need some advice

Depends. Ehat does your truck looklike and have? Are you wanting a little muscle truck?
Old 11-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
thepenguin99

4.56 and 3.55 is almost certainly going to be a different carrier so more involved than a gear change. Other than that no clue since I know nothing about that truck or yours.
thepenguin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #4
JHT67

Mine

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=511283
Going through life's daily grind, I can feel the effects of this physical body's fleeting days, But with a young spirit I look toward a brighter day, knowing that in the eyes of eternity, I am but a babe in the arms of my Lord.........
Old 11-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #5
JHT67

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael bustamante View Post
Are you wanting a little muscle truck?
I think I might, had one years ago and loved it, don't think I'm in love with my 67'.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:32 PM   #6
bs46488

My opinion...I wouldn't trade.

Sure the S10 has some great parts on it (btw...are all those new parts a red flag or is just me?), but in the end....its just a 1983 s10.
bs46488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:37 PM   #7
trac209

If you're considering that trade you're asking the wrong bunch of guys for advise that's for sure. Those s10 trucks are total junk IMHO. And I've had a few of them. Other than some go fast parts it's worthless in comparison
trac209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:45 PM   #8
JHT67

Quote:
Originally Posted by trac209 View Post
If you're considering that trade you're asking the wrong bunch of guys for advise that's for sure.
Your probably right.