The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-12-2018, 04:52 PM   #1
slimjim66

Re: Slammed 1966 GMCummins 12v

I feel like I知 talking to myself here, I tinkered today and tried to figure out my gauge situation. Anyone know if there is a pin-out or if there is an adapter harness to use the factory gauges with new sending units? I知 just looking for the temp and fuel
Attached Images

slimjim66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:05 PM   #2
sixty4bigwindow

Definitely not talking to yourself, I will be subbed for this one! Can't wait to see how it turns out after seeing that MONSTER of a Lincoln! That thing looks mean as hell!

Back to your truck, I'm super intrigued about these diesel swaps. Anything that can make those kinds of power, smoke, and get decent mileage, is super cool! Good luck, keep the updates coming

My build thread for "Rocket" - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753023
sixty4bigwindow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:17 PM   #3
slimjim66

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty4bigwindow View Post
Definitely not talking to yourself, I will be subbed for this one! Can't wait to see how it turns out after seeing that MONSTER of a Lincoln! That thing looks mean as hell!

Back to your truck, I'm super intrigued about these diesel swaps. Anything that can make those kinds of power, smoke, and get decent mileage, is super cool! Good luck, keep the updates coming

thanks man, it works good, i love that car... and yeah the diesel stuff is mental, i went to the UCC (ultimate callout challenge) in Indianapolis this year and saw some crazy stuff. i don't think ill get to wild with the 12v but i said that about my Lincoln so we will see
Old 06-12-2018, 06:49 PM   #4
AJCK87

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim66 View Post
I feel like I知 talking to myself here, I tinkered today and tried to figure out my gauge situation. Anyone know if there is a pin-out or if there is an adapter harness to use the factory gauges with new sending units? I知 just looking for the temp and fuel
Welcome! Definitely on board with the 12 valve conversion

I am doing a similar swap in my 1963 10 1/2 ft panel

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...668178&page=11

I started you on the page with the finish result of what I did for my gauges. I used the stock Dodge cluster and did some custom work to make it work with the 63 cluster panel. I am using the harness from my doner truck so the more things that plug and play the better. I see there a few of these swaps happening and I am very curious how everything will come together, like wise on your build.

Cheers!

Anthony
AJCK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:49 PM   #5
slimjim66

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCK87 View Post
Welcome! Definitely on board with the 12 valve conversion

I am doing a similar swap in my 1963 10 1/2 ft panel

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...668178&page=11

I started you on the page with the finish result of what I did for my gauges. I used the stock Dodge cluster and did some custom work to make it work with the 63 cluster panel. I am using the harness from my doner truck so the more things that plug and play the better. I see there a few of these swaps happening and I am very curious how everything will come together, like wise on your build.

Cheers!

Anthony

Nice work man, i just briefly went through your thread, ill have to slow down and read it when i have time.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:23 AM   #6
slimjim66

I know I知 a bit ahead of myself here but I壇 like to use the factory gauges then hide my other gauges in the glove box. Anyone know if there is a pin out or a way to adapt new sending units to these old ones? They worked the day I took the old motor out. If not I have a plan to use new ones behind the cluster
Attached Images