The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
silverado76

How rare is this and how much is it worth?

This 76 Suburban Silverado Estate 2WD 350cuin has been in my family since new. It has 131K miles on a completely original numbers matching powertrain and body. It has never been painted other than touch ups. I have the original hubcaps but I dont drive with them because they are not available from any aftermarket supplier and so I don't want to lose them.
It is a full 3 bench setup but no air or power anything. Everything works including the radio and the clock. The interior is decked out with added trim details around the door panels and dash along with the obvious extra woody mactac on the exterior.

What I was wondering is if anyone knows where I can find out how many of these estate packaged burbs were built and if any still exist. They were a factory option at the time. Also if anybody has a ballpark what one of these might be worth these days, that would be great
silverado76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
silverado76

Re: How rare is this and how much is it worth?

Sorry, here are the pictures of the 76
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
Mike Nixon

Harvest Gold in the box! I've not seen one of those in years, nice rides.

No clue on value, tho. Truck prices have shocked me in the last few yrs. It wouldn't suprise me that to the right buyer k wouldn't be out of range.

Mike
Mike Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
csa daddy

That's a pretty clean sub right there. Never seen an estate sub
Posted via Mobile Device
csa daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #5
Mike Nixon

I meant to reply 10k wouldn't suprise me.

Mike
Old 09-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
l1l

Classic neighborhood look at the background :P
Great truck though, it become so rare to find it in original condition like yours,
price range I guess it would give you around 10k if it were air-conditioned.
l1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
silverado76

Thanks folks,

Appreciate the input. The 69 Camaro in the background is my other toy (Also numbers matching but not all original). The neighbourhood is pretty auto friendly though - 68 VW bug custom, 56 Chevy, a couple a 68 Mustangs all within a block.

Anybody know a source for finding out information on production statistics on specific models. Does GM keep track of current vin registrations or is there somebody out there who does research into the availability of specific vehicles.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #8
Mike Nixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado76 View Post
Thanks folks,

Appreciate the input. The 69 Camaro in the background is my other toy (Also numbers matching but not all original). The neighbourhood is pretty auto friendly though - 68 VW bug custom, 56 Chevy, a couple a 68 Mustangs all within a block.

Anybody know a source for finding out information on production statistics on specific models. Does GM keep track of current vin registrations or is there somebody out there who does research into the availability of specific vehicles.

chevy has a resource that will do this. i'd have to dig for the info
Old 09-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #9
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

Quote:
This 76 Suburban Silverado Estate 2WD 350cuin has been in my family since new. It has 131K miles on a completely original numbers matching powertrain and body. It has never been painted other than touch ups. I have the original hubcaps but I dont drive with them because they are not available from any aftermarket supplier and so I don't want to lose them.
It is a full 3 bench setup but no air or power anything. Everything works including the radio and the clock. The interior is decked out with added trim details around the door panels and dash along with the obvious extra woody mactac on the exterior.

What I was wondering is if anyone knows where I can find out how many of these estate packaged burbs were built and if any still exist. They were a factory option at the time. Also if anybody has a ballpark what one of these might be worth these days, that would be great
very nice,i think I saw this a couple of years back?
CTC mervale?i would have had my 88 gold burb prob
check with GM

http://www.gmheritagecenter.com/
I think somebody on here found one in a barn about a year go

Last edited by motornut; 09-13-2012 at 08:35 AM.
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
silverado76

Hey, motornut,

You are probably right. I ran the Canadian Tire shows and the charity car raffles until I left to join OC Transpo. I was the crazy guy on the microphone. I had the burb there all the time but I can only remember another gentleman who brought a 78 original that was two tone - dark brown with beige belly band. Ill have to check my pictures to refresh my memory.

By the way, I checked with Steve's junk yard for the torque bar but we couldn't find a suburban from my era only blazers which use a two rod setup. He had a couple from the 60's though that shocked me to find. But thanks for the info, I was quite amazed at the collection of old cars and trucks that he has and right at the edge of the city. I'm off to Gatineau on Monday.

I will check out the website, thanks
Old 09-13-2012, 10:26 PM   #11
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

Quote:
Hey, motornut,

You are probably right. I ran the Canadian Tire shows and the charity car raffles until I left to join OC Transpo. I was the crazy guy on the microphone. I had the burb there all the time but I can only remember another gentleman who brought a 78 original that was two tone - dark brown with beige belly band. Ill have to check my pictures to refresh my memory.

By the way, I checked with Steve's junk yard for the torque bar but we couldn't find a suburban from my era only blazers which use a two rod setup. He had a couple from the 60's though that shocked me to find. But thanks for the info, I was quite amazed at the collection of old cars and trucks that he has and right at the edge of the city. I'm off to Gatineau on Monday.

I will check out the website, thanks
the guys there know where the stuff is too,quite helpfull I found,laid back
i couldn't believe the age of the stuff too,one guy told me they don't crush them every year
lol i could spend a day there looking at stuff i don't even want
oh some pics from there
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=532333
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote