The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-14-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
68jewel
On the path to financial ruin!

Airride vs. Accuair

Guys....Airride vs Accuair? Is one better than the other? Or is this just a matter of preference? I know Airride has been around longer, but Accuair controls are much nicer in my opinion. Now, I will be running the Airride Shockwaves for my setup. Any pros and cons between the two?

Ooh Wee's Makeover...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=376280
68jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
Kid

Re: Airride vs. Accuair

good question. I have the "Ride Tech" Pro E system (computer & controller) & have no complaints about it. But I have been checking out the Accuair & think I will be using their system for my next project. They (Accuair) have a good point, doesn't matter what pressure your bags are, the important thing is to drive at the designed ride height. & they claim their height sensor is the same that GM & ford use.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
Rokcrln

My first truck was with air ride and that goes back 15 yrs or so and never had a problem. I have done dozens of systems since that first one with all different companies but on my personal rides I will only use Accuair! I just feel it is the state of the art system on the market. The accuracy, performance, target height each and every time, quality and looks are #1.

Just to be clear I have no affiliation with them nor do I get free parts, I pay just like everyone else, I just feel that strong about it.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:53 AM   #4
68jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
My first truck was with air ride and that goes back 15 yrs or so and never had a problem. I have done dozens of systems since that first one with all different companies but on my personal rides I will only use Accuair! I just feel it is the state of the art system on the market. The accuracy, performance, target height each and every time, quality and looks are #1.

Just to be clear I have no affiliation with them nor do I get free parts, I pay just like everyone else, I just feel that strong about it.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Kevin, that's kind of what I thought about Accuair being state of the art. I've heard nothing but good things about them from others. Not to take anything from Airride, as they are a good, reputable company too. But every once a while there is a company that has been around a while then suddenly something new comes along and that is called Accuair. I forgot to mention I called Accuair about 6-8 months ago and one of the owners answered the phone. He answered each and every single question I had and explained it to me where I could understand it. That alone makes me want to buy it. Not to mention the super fly controller. LOL!! I think I will go with Accuair's management with shockwaves from Airride.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:17 AM   #5
fastbagged68

I have been installing AccuAir kits since they started. They have came along way. There system has always been based on suspension height and not on air pressure. Air Pressure based systems are not accurate. I have replaced at least 5 Ridetech systems with the AccuAir systems and all those customers were ready to get rid of there bags until they used the Accu Air Systems.
I will only install Accu Air on my cars and my customers cars.
Check out the Accu Air System @ Sema.... http://video.streetlegaltv.com/video/11124

Last edited by fastbagged68; 11-15-2009 at 02:20 AM.
fastbagged68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
68jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbagged68 View Post
I have been installing AccuAir kits since they started. They have came along way. There system has always been based on suspension height and not on air pressure. Air Pressure based systems are not accurate. I have replaced at least 5 Ridetech systems with the AccuAir systems and all those customers were ready to get rid of there bags until they used the Accu Air Systems.
I will only install Accu Air on my cars and my customers cars.
Check out the Accu Air System @ Sema.... http://video.streetlegaltv.com/video/11124
Thanks bro!! That's great to hear.