The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2007, 03:30 PM   #1
ABLAZN
Oh..never mind....

Cool Blazer Story !!!

I will try not to get sappy or long winded about this, but I think that it a cool story. You always hear stories of how someone as a kid has a car or truck and sells it only to regret it for a long time. Later, the same person finds their old ride after many years and buys it back. Well, that is what happened to me and I did not even know it. I just got the title records today from the Oregon DMV and confirmed that I now have my old Blazer back after 22 years. I did not know at first, because it had been repainted a different color and many parts have been changed over the years. What got me thinking it was my old truck was the way I had cut the dash to put a radio in the first time I owned it. That, plus knowing it was a factory 4 speed rig and the original paint color was olive green. Based on those three things I decided to spend the money for the records to see if indeed it was my old ride. I can't explain how I feel at this moment, but I know that this thing is not going anywhere soon. If I have my way about it, one of my girls will end up with it.

Here a couple of threads about when I was thinking of buying it and some pictures that I posted about when I owned it the first time.

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=232120

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=238060

.....and some pictures from 22 years ago and now if you don't want to read the whole saga
Attached Images

Turbo 350
NP-205
454 BB (for now)
MORE TO COME !!!!!! Now going to 2WD!!!!!

Sold.

I got it back after 22 years and did not even know it !!!
THE STORY HERE

Project Low Down Dirty Rat
ABLAZN is offline   Reply With Quote