The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2002, 04:36 PM   #1
>X<
registered IWATA user

Post My plans for my buildup, opinions?

this is sean from baton rouge louisisna, just wnated to tell yall my plans to see if anyone has any advice, etc. I have a 69 swb frame(coil springs). i am planning on using Early Classics 4/6 drop kit, and replacing the 6 lugs with 5 lug disc in the front and rear, i think i'm gonna get the early classic front end rebuild kit too, i am using the 402 bb from my 72 3/4 ton, i am getting soemone to build it for me so i dont screw it up, i have a 12 bol already, probably gonna get posi for it, using the perfect a/c cab that from my 72 3/4 ton lwb custon 20 and the fenders etc too. I am planning on shaving everything by myself(uncle has fab shop) and painting everything myself, i am using he bed off of my 71 step daily driver since we already replaced the floor with sheet steel and I herculined it, My goal by the end of this summer is to have a rolling chasis with motor,fuel cell, etc. i think thats the expensive part, then i'm gonna slap the cab/fenders on and primer it so i can whoop a few Mustangs while i'm saving for the body work and interior, i think it'll take me about 4 years,i'm only 17 now, what do yall think? has anyone used Early classic before, there tech guys know some stuff. what about rear disc rakes, which brand have yall used? what about Painless wiring or the wiring from catalogs like LMC or Year One? any tips comments will be appreciated, thanks

Take off that Von Dutch hat before i stab you with a 000 Mack.
>X< is offline   Reply With Quote