The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2020, 10:02 AM   #1
dtech71

Spindle to fender dimensions

Does anyone know where I can find the dimensions from spindle center to fender lip, and rear axle center to fender lip for a ‘68 short bed ? Mine is a stepside and someone did some seriously wrong lowering ( example in the front is there is no more room to correct camber due to lowering too far with stock spindles).
So I am trying to figure out how low the truck is currently because i love the stance but I am ordering parts to do it correctly.
Side note if anyone knows of someone that sells just the brackets to install coil overs on the front that would be a great help.
Thanks in advance
Posted via Mobile Device
dtech71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 01:01 PM   #2
70StepsideC10

Re: Spindle to fender dimensions

I have some measurements at home somewhere from when I lowered my truck, Early Classic Enterprise gave me the stock measurements when I was ordering the lowering kit from them. I will dig them up and let you know this weekend sometime. I don't have the exact rear measurement you are asking for, they had me measure from the trailing arm to the frame, right beside the coil spring. So if you have a leaf spring truck I can't help you with the rear measurement.
70StepsideC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 03:26 PM   #3
70StepsideC10

Re: Spindle to fender dimensions

I found my notes with the stock measurements. What ECE told me is the front spindle centre to fender lip measurement is 19.5". However, when I lowered my truck it looked lower than it should have been (I ordered a 3.5/5 drop kit but the front was quite a bit lower) so I asked the forum for measurements and from what other members told me, it seems like that stock measurement is actually about 19". So somewhere between 19"-19.5" stock should give you an idea of where you are at. For the rear, ECE had me measure from the trailing arm to the frame, right behind the rear coil spring. The stock measurement here is 12.5". I have a stepside as well and I just measured my truck from the rear axle centre to fender lip, with the 5" drop springs I have 16.5" on the drivers side and 17" on the passenger side. I think this is why ECE suggested measuring the trailing arm to frame, because there can be differences in the sheet metal between trucks and even between sides of the truck as I have. I never actually checked the trailing arm to frame measurement after I lowered my truck to see if it is around the 7.5" that it should be based on the stock measurement. Hope this helps.
70StepsideC10 is offline   Reply With Quote