The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #17
FIREBALL
(007) aka Houdini

Re: Stock Height or Keep it lowered... Your thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpioskorpio View Post
Actually, I don't think anything kills the resale value of these old trucks faster than a notch, a lift, 22s or 44s, IMHO. 10 years after any of this kind of work is done the truck is worth less than it was before the owner started his mods while the relatively stock truck is usually worth more than the owner bought it for. Craigslist is full of stock looking trucks that are gone in a week and modified trucks that are there for 6 months. There are some well done exceptions but generally speaking this is true.
yeah, what he said I do agree with. These trucks regardless appeal to anyone who likes them and being lowered or not if does have a tendency to affect moving time sometimes with mods and changes (though i do like some lowered trucks lol) . If it was mine and I was selling it i'd leave it like it is because (in my opinon) your wasting labor to something you know your going to sell anyhow and focus on your main project