The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2015, 02:28 AM   #1
mattwhiteyanks1

deep into my 70 SWB 5.3/4l80-e build

This is my first post on here. I've spent my last few house payments makings Jeff's commission out there at CPP. We're finally starting to head back in the right direction. Drove it in my shop, stripper her down, and it's time to make her new again. 70 chevy truck. It's been in my family all its life. Ps/pb/factory ac truck. Had a 350/th350 in it. That motor will be set aside for a while. I just picked up an 5.3 out of an 04 silverado. Complete with harness, drive by wire assembly, compressor, Ps pump etc. Bolting it up to a 4l80-e. Now for my current questions.... best motor mounts for the trucks(built or bought)? I've heard of "kevs classics" for rebuilding a steering column. I've got my column, but I want tilt, and a cruise control switch of sorts. How can I get a hold of this guy? I hear he does great work. Also, headers...I'm not wanting to spend a fortune, but I do want a quality product and it needs to fit well with the frame and mounts. Any recommendations? I'll post a few pictures of my project shortly.
mattwhiteyanks1 is offline   Reply With Quote