The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-09-2019, 04:53 PM   #76
Coley

Smile Re: The Gillette Ad.....more bad marketing

Well...the push back against it was pretty strong....although you will never hear that through main stream media sources...just alternate media.

Gillette had been considering playing/having it as an ad in the super bowl...but given the results they chose something else far less intrusive and more neutral instead.
The early release of the original video was a bit of a 'trial run' I think....and it clearly didn't go well.

Also interesting is the comment above about Japan.
Japan now sells more cosmetics to men (young and old) than to women...which dovetails with their rising culture of the 'grass eaters' amongst their male population, primarily younger...an interesting phenomenon.

....time to get those young guys some dirt bikes, lol......and then maybe they'll get a few dates, lol.
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:00 AM   #77
treveiger

Re: The Gillette Ad.....more bad marketing

I recently switched to a safety razor due to the fact that I never had a"decent" shave from disposable ones. I always had bad razor burn and couldn't shave regularly because of it. I actually enjoy shaving now and it's not perfect but several times better. I can regularly shave without getting bad razor burn. I enjoy the old school stuff though. I also decided to go back to cast iron cooking because I enjoy it. I grew up on cast iron and am sick of coated pans only lasting a short while even if you take care of it. Just because it's old doesn't mean it doesn't work. It may take longer but it's much more rewarding.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:59 AM   #78
special-K
Special Order

^^^ Yep, that's how I feel. There will always be something new being offered, but very little that makes the old useless or even impractical. Pretty much every plus comes with a it's own minus. Just a matter of which plus means more than the minus to you, personally. Sliced bread is convenient, but can't beat homemade. I have the knife for the job, and I can cut it as thin or thick as I please. To me that is better.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:08 PM   #79
Red71gmc

You guys must be rubbing off on me. I too am on a recent cast iron splurge. I say splurge but it isn't expensive and reminds me of better, simpler days.
I am in need of a vacation bad and my thoughts are to go on a antique furniture run of items I've seen on CL in the adjoining states. Again, these items are not really expensive compared to new and so much better. That kind of time off seems enjoyable and relaxing to me.
I remember dad shaving with a safety razor when I was a kid. I also remember him with several pieces of red toilet paper stuck to his face during breakfast so I don't know if I'm on board with that one yet lol.
I guess all things said, as already stated newer is not better.
Red71gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:14 PM   #80
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Sliced bread is convenient, but can't beat homemade. I have the knife for the job, and I can cut it as thin or thick as I please.
I agree, but for one minor glitch. My slices are often thick at one edge and thin at the opposite edge....

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:30 PM   #81
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
I agree, but for one minor glitch. My slices are often thick at one edge and thin at the opposite edge....
https://www.google.com/search?source...31.Orob534JC9E

Problem solved....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:49 PM   #82
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
You're just out of practice, which is sliced bread's fault. It's the same thing as people who can only drive automatics. The day is coming they won't be able to crank a window up or check tire pressure. Besides, crooked bread slices are what make life more adventurous.

What I want to know is who cut the cheese?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote