The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #11
SFTorange

Re: The Brown Truck

I got some work done last night. I finished installing the front steering linkage, and then got to work on rear brake lines. I've been pretty intimidated by the thought of bending new lines, but I read about the hand bendable stuff from Napa and used it in precut lengths. It was pretty easy, but won't win any beauty contests. I was just glad not to have to do any flaring. I managed to get all of the brake lines for the rear finished up. My disc brake kit from Early Classic came with pre-bent lines for the front brakes. Those will be installed when I get my cab installed.

Name:  Truck 001.jpg
Views: 5196
Size:  51.1 KB
Name:  Truck 003.jpg
Views: 6678
Size:  49.9 KB

After that I test fit the 350/700r4 combo. I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that my driveline will work with the new transmission without modification. It had already been shortened to accomodate the Turbo 350 I had used previously, which is about 3" shorter than the 700r4. When I had the driveline cut and balanced then, I measured about 1/2" too short so with the Turbo 350 I had a bit more play in the slip yoke than I needed. I am using 67-72 engine perches with the forward holes in the frame which gave me the other 2 1/2" I needed, and everything seems to line up perfectly. I just need to install a new u-joint to attach to the 12 bolt.
Name:  Truck 006.jpg
Views: 2275
Size:  57.1 KB
Name:  Truck 005.jpg
Views: 2274
Size:  50.9 KB

Man, I need to wipe the dust off and repaint that driveline!
SFTorange is offline   Reply With Quote