The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2002, 06:45 PM   #1
7T1BURB

ECE Shock Relocation Kit

Began fitting the lower bracket of the kit (purchased in Jun 02) with the shock mount stud that requires the 15/16" nut be torqued to 80 ft. lbs....well, low and behold I could not get a 15/16" socket on to the nut to torque it to the required torque because the socket (tried both shallow and deep well sockets) interferes with the bracket and therefore..no way to torque as required........called Dave at ECE this afternoon and explained the problem; he said he was off to his R&D shop to investigate the problem and would call me back...true to his word, the phone rang a few hours later and he said that I had been sent a set of "old" brackets that had been redesigned in Jan 2002 because of this very problem...a "new-redesigned" set of lower brackets is in the mail at no charge...just thought I'd pass this on to anyone scratching their head if this problem is encountered....once again: GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE from ECE..........hopes this helps others!!
7T1BURB is offline   Reply With Quote