The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-03-2023, 03:23 AM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

Project redo

I have a 1953 Willys Wagon on a 1987 F150 TTB 4x4 frame. It is in the body work phase, and had stalled. Getting a TIG welder this Christmas to re motivate myself.

Well the other day I saw a Hot Rodded Willys 2wd delivery van as I was going on a trip to Tehachapi to pick up a engine for my Brand D build.

So it got me thinking that I will build it into a lowered Willys wagon instead of a lifted one. The Willys was built, and designed to run 34-35" tires easily. So the bottom of the trucks foot well will be like 24" off the ground. With the lowering job or reconfiguring my build. It will be around 10-12 inches from current measurements/belief.

I have a Chevelle front clip, and Jaguar front clip too. So if I rebuilt, and modified both to a decent standard to be able to cruise 75mph all day on road trips.

I have the Jag IRS to go along with the madness. Which is also on the possibility list.

Which would you prefer?

Please understand as I get older it's starting to look like it's going to be permanent. While my knees have been very stable with the arthritis for the last 2 years. My hips have decided they now hate me. So I want a low or lowered vehicles so I don't have to jump or climb in. As jumping up into different friends lifted trucks can be mildly painful "at worst" as of late. So I don't want to keep building something I will end up regretting big time. Plus my dreams of going off road besides my fishing spots seem like a death wish now.

I am not saying I am crippled or even close, but I have been reprioritizing long term health of my joints. In relationship to my vehicles that I own or want to own.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote