The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-20-2024, 04:48 AM   #26
Richard

Re: What're you gonna do? Rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I brought this back because I have a rant (not worth it's own thread)

I'm looking to order a chair slipcover from Overstock for my poor old chair I use in my bedroom. The material is giving out. Ok, so I find one that looks like it was made just for this chair. Perfect! I'm going to buy it. Put it in my cart, on sale today, and shipping adds $4.99. OK, no problem. I look down lower where they offer all these ways to pay and I see "Add $8.32 for free shipping" WHAT?? Am I stupid for thinking if I pay $12.31 for shipping it isn't free????
Guessing there is a minimum purchase amount for free shipping. Adding another item would eliminate the charges. A lot of places do this now. You can pay the $4.99 or add another item @ $8.32 or more and get free shipping.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 07:31 AM   #27
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Guessing there is a minimum purchase amount for free shipping. Adding another item would eliminate the charges. A lot of places do this now. You can pay the $4.99 or add another item @ $8.32 or more and get free shipping.
I'm sure that's what they meant, but that's not what they said. I have this habit of taking meaning from what is said. It should say "Spend another $8.32 for free shipping" since that's what they mean.

I'm not complaining about my Lowe's purchase the other day. I'm making trim from 1x for this job and we decided to add trim for a door in this bathroom. This is a bathroom squeezed under stairs so the door is about 6' tall. I'm ripping a 1x4 into two pieces, so an 8' piece wouldn't leave me enough to make the top trim. Wood isn't cheap and I hated to buy a second 8 footer just to get a 3' piece of trim. I forget what the prices were. But I looked a 12 footers, which are 50% longer, right? Usually no matter how you slice the bread it will still cost whatever that portion of the total loaf cost. But this time the 12' piece was only a few dollars more, not 50% more. No brainer.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 01:44 PM   #28
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I'm sure that's what they meant, but that's not what they said. I have this habit of taking meaning from what is said. It should say "Spend another $8.32 for free shipping" since that's what they mean.
I don't think that they like to use the word "spend' because it reminds you that you are spending money but it should say order another $8.32 for free shipping instead of just add.

I've done alright with the buy a little more and get free shipping thing. I've bought things where the shipping was kind of high and by adding another item I got rid of the shipping and got something else for about the same price.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 08:09 AM   #29
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I don't think that they like to use the word "spend' because it reminds you that you are spending money but it should say order another $8.32 for free shipping instead of just add.

I've done alright with the buy a little more and get free shipping thing. I've bought things where the shipping was kind of high and by adding another item I got rid of the shipping and got something else for about the same price.
When they offer free shipping for purchases over $X.xx I always looks to fill the order out just over that amount if I'm close already. Spend, pay, purchase, order all mean money shell out to me . In this case the purchase was $31.67 and that's on sale -$8.90. So spending another $8.32 to save $4.99 shipping made no sense. I doubt there's any item close to that cheap offered

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 11:42 AM   #30
Accelo

"We ended up getting an additional $1200 in lost value".

I tried that and ended up with a check for $29
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 09:18 PM   #31
Micmac

ABout 5 years back I went the heat pump, split vac route. Daikin had a 12 year parts and labor warranty. I think I paid about 7 K for one on one end of the upstairs and the opposite end of the house. All's good until on started leaking last year on the hardwood floor in our living room. Guy comes over he can't fix it, gets his boss over the next week, they tear it apart, can't fix it. Send me a bill for $1700.00. Keep in mind they are an authorized Daikin dealer. I remind them, and scan and send them a copy of my warranty. They stated they did not participate in the warranty program which was a major part of the sales pitch. I contacted the Daikin company who stated the normal "All our dealers are independent franchises and may chose to participate in what they choose". I have a piece of paper stating I have such a warranty. Bottom line, I had another guy come in and rip the damaged one out and put in a Mitiubishi , works fine. Put one in the shop too.I compiled everything I had and sent it to the consumer complaints division of the Maine Attorney Generals Office 9 months ago. Crickets chirping......
1947 Indian Chief Roadmaster with Sidecar.
2012 Indian Chief Serial #002 of 110 built in '12
2016 Indian Chief Roadmaster

Last edited by Micmac; 02-27-2024 at 09:24 PM.
Micmac is offline   Reply With Quote