The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-16-2019, 10:25 PM   #1
WOLFMANmike

any of you running chrome door visors ???

hey guys i got me some stainless door visors for my 65 c10 the kind that allow you to open your window a inch or 2 but deflect the rain anyway they came with no directions nada zip! can any of you that have them installed on your truck please explain to me how to put them on? and in some easy laymen terms please as im a bit slow on the uptake here. I would love your help thanks so much guys. P.S. they have 2 very small screws with them but i dont see where they would go on the door jam or window track im a bit lost here
WOLFMANmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:40 AM   #2
PGSigns

Re: any of you running chrome door visors ???

Ok there is a left and a right visor. The slide up between the window seal and the door frame. When you slide them up and they seat in place you will see the screw holes end up right on the curve of the door frame. You will need to drill two holes on each of them for the little screws you have. I tape the visor in place and use a small center punch to mark the holes and a place for the drill bit to start and drill them right through the vent shade. I do them one at a time and put the screw in as I drill the hole them go to the next hole.
Jimmy
1966 BBW long fleet Daily driver
1965 BBW short fleet Sold and going to a good home
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
PGSigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:24 PM   #3
aerotruk63
Check The Champ, Demonstrator

The reason you should buy literature for your truck. 1965 Accessories Installation Reference Manual.

YouTube Channel with 20+ Original Chevrolet Truck Salesmen, Mechanics & Service Department Training Slideshows.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...otruk63&page=1
aerotruk63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:49 PM   #4
The Rocknrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotruk63 View Post
The reason you should buy literature for your truck. 1965 Accessories Installation Reference Manual.

I know of no one who has more 1963 Lit than you - Awesome!
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:13 PM   #5
WOLFMANmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSigns View Post
Ok there is a left and a right visor. The slide up between the window seal and the door frame. When you slide them up and they seat in place you will see the screw holes end up right on the curve of the door frame. You will need to drill two holes on each of them for the little screws you have. I tape the visor in place and use a small center punch to mark the holes and a place for the drill bit to start and drill them right through the vent shade. I do them one at a time and put the screw in as I drill the hole them go to the next hole.
Jimmy
Hey PG thanks brother for your help
Old 01-17-2019, 08:37 PM   #6
WOLFMANmike

Quote:

Hey Aero thanks brother and I dont want to be made fun of here for saying this. But maybe it will help you all understand me and why I ask some things that you guys might find small or ridiculous that book might not help me as much as it does you as this is personal but I'm not very good at reading. That is why I asked for it in as laymen terms as you guys could. And PG did it for for me but even then I had to get my good buddy Mike to help me with what he said because I was confused as to how. If after I slide them up in the channel how I would be able to see the pre drilled hole in the visor to drill holes for the screws in the door to go into. It was not until I had my friend Mike come read it and he told me that I drill the holes from the inside of the door from the back not from outside the door. See this is how my brain works guys sorry. But let me just say that even tho I might be a bit slow and even tho I don't read well. It doesn't stop the love i have for these trucks and I'm just like the rest of you guys in that aspect. And believe me when I say when you guys anyone of you go out of your way to take the time to help me and explain things even if it makes you have a head ache lol. No one in this world appreciates more than me and it is not taken for granted. I love this site guys and your help and I do alot of my learning by hands on. I hope thks helps you you all understand why the Wolfman is the way I am thank you so much and I hope you all have a great day truly
Old 01-17-2019, 09:24 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
The reason this message board exists, too. No need to deter fellow members from asking questions

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:40 AM   #8
Mack B

Post some pictures up when you get them on. I've had a set for years but haven't gotten around to installing them.
Mack B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:18 AM   #9
WOLFMANmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack B View Post
Post some pictures up when you get them on. I've had a set for years but haven't gotten around to installing them.
Mack B hey brother no problem ill get you some pics when i do the install on them. i will do my best at trying to explain what i did but it may not be the best write up as you all are accustomed to on here but i will definitely give it my best shot im hoping to try tomorrow but we will see ive been getting a nasty down pour here in California lol so it may be a day or 2 still
Old 01-18-2019, 08:38 PM   #10
WOLFMANmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack B View Post
Ok brother here is my first try at a tutorial for you. First of all let me just say they are a real PITA lol. And not stainless like they claimed but oh well they are on .. Ok so first you must push them up in between. The door window channel and the weather stripping. Fit them in place mine were tight so I did not need tape to hold them in and then get you a small drill bit and drill a pilot hole for your screws the visor should already have pre drilled holes . so you should be able to hold your visor in place and slowly drill the hole. WARNING on mine not easy because the holes lined up on the edge on the 90 degree bend of the door metal. I cursed a lot and broke 3 bits and they were Craftsaman bits . ok here is some pictures
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2019, 08:44 PM   #11
WOLFMANmike

Those pics are to show it seated in place and the size bit I used. Next pics show it installed. I have a big feeling that all my difficulty with putting these in is probably due to the fact that they were cheap repops and not a factory part they were really not easy to fit or the drill for I have a feeling that the pre-drilled holes should have been in different places then they were and it would have made it much easier to drill and fit them in they were kind of bowed at the same time so the bends weren't proper so I had to massage it a little but they are in
Old 01-18-2019, 08:57 PM   #12
WOLFMANmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFMANmike View Post
Those pics are to show it seated in place and the size bit I used. Next pics show it installed. I have a big feeling that all my difficulty with putting these in is probably due to the fact that they were cheap repops and not a factory part they were really not easy to fit or the drill for I have a feeling that the pre-drilled holes should have been in different places then they were and it would have made it much easier to drill and fit them in they were kind of bowed at the same time so the bends weren't proper so I had to massage it a little but they are in
Here they are installed
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2019, 09:35 PM   #13
aerotruk63
Check The Champ, Demonstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFMANmike View Post
Hey Aero thanks brother and I dont want to be made fun of here for saying this. But maybe it will help you all understand me and why I ask some things that you guys might find small or ridiculous that book might not help me as much as it does you as this is personal but I'm not very good at reading. That is why I asked for it in as laymen terms as you guys could. And PG did it for for me but even then I had to get my good buddy Mike to help me with what he said because I was confused as to how. If after I slide them up in the channel how I would be able to see the pre drilled hole in the visor to drill holes for the screws in the door to go into. It was not until I had my friend Mike come read it and he told me that I drill the holes from the inside of the door from the back not from outside the door. See this is how my brain works guys sorry. But let me just say that even tho I might be a bit slow and even tho I don't read well. It doesn't stop the love i have for these trucks and I'm just like the rest of you guys in that aspect. And believe me when I say when you guys anyone of you go out of your way to take the time to help me and explain things even if it makes you have a head ache lol. No one in this world appreciates more than me and it is not taken for granted. I love this site guys and your help and I do alot of my learning by hands on. I hope thks helps you you all understand why the Wolfman is the way I am thank you so much and I hope you all have a great day truly
Not trying to make you feel small for asking questions. I was taught a different approach to these trucks. To me if you buy an old truck , snowblower or Microwave , looking at the literature helps out a lot. I to have a reading problem , get lost within a sentence or two. Need more visual than the written word. Pictures are easier to comprehend.

YouTube Channel with 20+ Original Chevrolet Truck Salesmen, Mechanics & Service Department Training Slideshows.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...otruk63&page=1
aerotruk63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:46 PM   #14
WOLFMANmike

Quote:
Not trying to make you feel small for asking questions. I was taught a different approach to these trucks. To me if you buy an old truck , snowblower or Microwave , looking at the literature helps out a lot. I to have a reading problem , get lost within a sentence or two. Need more visual than the written word. Pictures are easier to comprehend.
very much so indeed pics help out alot but even then im so much better with hands on learning. my problem with reading what i can read my brain cant take it in and apply it most times its like i read it and then when im done its lost so pics are very good or things told to me in the most laymen terms it can be help out alot too
Old 01-21-2019, 10:34 AM   #15
jbgroby

Were the visors offered on the 1960 models?

Last edited by jbgroby; 01-23-2019 at 07:24 AM.
jbgroby is offline   Reply With Quote