The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-07-2005, 12:33 AM   #1
DruBlazer
Got Blazer?

03 Astrovan Seats Done!! My Blazer seats 6!!

1 more weekend, 1 more thing to check off my list of things to do on the Blazer. Yup, my back seats are in and the seat installing is done. So the front are 02 Silverado and the rear I got from an 03 Astro Van. $100 at the wreckers. Not bad. Anyhow, the stock brackets for these seats have hooks at the front and the back. The hooks at the back have a locking mechanism to hold them in place. I cut the bottom ~4 inches off and kept most of the bracket so it would still slide up and back. I then put some large 3.5" angle iron at the back and the front. Used these as mounting points. Check it out.
Tell me what you think. Oh and no comments about the carpet. It was some I had laying around after a remodel.

Here's a shot from the back. This seat fits perfect between the wheel wells.

Quick shot of the rear mounting point. Both brackets are exactly the same. Chevy didn't make them side specific so both mounting points are on the same side of the brackets. You can kinda see it in the first pic.

With the rear seat slid all the way up there is about 6 more inches of cargo room.

This seat was originally installed with sholder belts. I wanted to use all lap belts across the back for car seats. This worked out really well because there is a mounting point on the outside of the seat under a plastic cover.
DruBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:36 AM   #2
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Looks pretty good ....

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:46 AM   #3
crispy
'71 Chevy Blazer

looks great. keep up the good work.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:03 AM   #4
Trifelynn

It looks very nice...

I have a question as far as doing a seat in the back, and carseats...

When I get to seats, I was thinking of fabbing up something for the newer "3-point" carseats...you know what I am talking about? having two hooks made onto the bed and then if I can find a seat with the third hook incorparated inot the seat...<Shrug> This would only apply for people with kids...but I have been thinking about that for a while...

You think that would work?

Again, seats look great...I am envious
Old 03-07-2005, 05:30 PM   #5
DruBlazer
Got Blazer?

Thanks guys.
Tryfelynn,
I too thought of doing the "new style" of car seats. But this was much easier and works well too. There are quite a few rear seats that I looked at that had the hooks built in. At least the 2 in the seat crack. I decided not to do that. The seats were all quite expensive. Somewhere arount $500. My thought was that the lap belts would be sufficient.

Drew
Old 03-07-2005, 08:02 PM   #6
JBstor

I have a question.

Does the fabric and pattern from the front and rear seats match?

I am thinking about the newer GM seats too, because of the seat belts, but I would also like a matching rear seat. I had earlier decided on Windstar seats, because of the rear seat that according to my measurments, would fit perfect, and I like the front seats. Belts are a problem with those though.

So, what vehicles have front and rear that will fit, and have the built in shoulder belts?

JB
JBstor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 11:57 AM   #7
DruBlazer
Got Blazer?

JBstor,
The seats kinda match. They have the exact same pattern and extra colors, but the base colors are a little different. There are some that match perfectly. I just didn't want to take the time to find them. I am interested in getting covers anyhow so it wasn't that important. As far as the sholder seat belts in the rear, there are quite a few. However, there aren't that many that seat 3 across. Most have sholder belts, but they are built into the sides of the vehicle. I think the rear Tahoe and Suburban have sholder belts in the seats, along with maybe the Durango. But I only saw them in the premium packages that only came in leather and the colors and price were way off. 1 place wanted $1300 for a rear Tahoe seat. If you are interested in putting in sholder belts in the rear you can fab a bracket that mounts to the wheel well that goes up through a sleve on the roll cage. This seemed to me like a bit much. So I just went with laps.

Drew