The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-23-2004, 12:49 PM   #1
383drvr

Question Bolt in Seats?

Will 88-94, 95-99, or NBS captain seats bolt into place in a 86 burb? I heard here somewhere that the NBS seats sit too high? I'm sure this has been asked before, but I cant find any threads. My seats are beyond shot, and I'keep getting quotes of around $400-500 to reupolster them just to factory condition.. Thats a joke, I'd rather upgrade.... Thanks for the insight
383drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 06:49 PM   #2
BeerMonkeY
sold

i was wondering the same thing. i found out that seats from a 97 yukon sit high in a 87 pickup im guessing the seat pan area is prob the same as a burban so i guess they would sit high, this is in my friends pickup but he still drove it so it must no be to bad
BeerMonkeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 07:25 PM   #3
ALASKA ALUMINUM BEAR

hey guys-i thing the brackerty is differant as well as the floor plan---thats the reaSON THE SEATS SIT HIGH

do what i did and go to corbeau seats---adds in all trucking mags--and pick up a seat that makes stock seats look crummy,,,,i got mine there for 220 apiece--now that a good price on a top of the line bucket....and whats even more cool with these guys is that---they sell you rite on and exacting new bracketts....for about 40 apiece----all tolls i have less then 550--for both my seats and shipping to alaska...

and i have never sat in a more comfortable seat......come in all colors and styles and shapes--and they do have 400 dollar a piece ones'' as well--and you can order back rests- solid or come off--magazine racks--etc...once you buy a corbeau-seat you will never get any other....

you will thank me latter if you get a set---

good luck
aabear
john
ALASKA ALUMINUM BEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 12:08 AM   #4
383drvr

Boy would I love to do that! And now I just may. The only reason I didnt want to just yet is that I wanted to stick with a sort of stock look. The corbeau seats are a little radical. I will however look into it, especially if they have install brackets. Which ones do you have, and where are the pics?
383drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 03:47 AM   #5
ALASKA ALUMINUM BEAR

hi 383driver
the seats i got from corbeau-look as if they came with the truck,,,they are not the fancy radical ones by them-but more a stock replacement seat,,,i will post a seat picture for you in the next few days---if you don't get it by then pm me to remind me...good luck,

aabear
john
ALASKA ALUMINUM BEAR is offline   Reply With Quote