The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2003, 12:10 AM   #1
dogondav

Unhappy Rough Country suspension

Hello,

If you are considering purchasing a Rough Country lift, I would like to share my experience with you. I'm a Mechanical Engineer that wanted to distinguish my 93 chevy 4X4 from the 2WD's. I purchased a 2-3" lift kit from Rough Country direct and had alignment problems from the start. After 3 alignments and 2 alignment shops, one specializing in modified vehicles told me the only way to align the vehicle was to completely crank my torsions all the way up, or else I would have too much positive chamber. My trucks chamber adjustment is at full negative chamber and to pull the top of the tires in, the vehicle had to be raised by cranking the torsions to the maximum adjustment.

I've placed many calls and exchanged emails with Rough Country to no avail. I made it clear I wanted to keep the lift and asked Rough Country to stand by their product and provide support. Tech support side tracked my main problem and sent me pictures of a install. They refused to accept the idea that I might've received some parts out of spec and finally had me talk with the manager/ owner who was rude and refused to stand by his product. This is the type of company that gives American manufacturing companies a bad name. Its experiences like this that leaves the consumer wondering what "made in America" really means.

I'm sure they have had installs that went together just fine. Working in the design and manufacturing field, I understand parts have a tolerance and sometimes fallout of that range. What I dont understand is the rude treatment and unwillingness to stand by your product. I advise anyone considering buying any Rough Country components to heed this as a warning and to gather more recent customer experiences before buying.
dogondav is offline   Reply With Quote