The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #1
heynow14

What's this '72 CST 4x4 Blazer worth? Rough idea anyway...

Hi guys-
I'm hunting down a Blazer and just looked at this on this am. I know the pics suck but it's all he had. I managed to get a pic of SPID which is attached. It looks like it's loaded with options. It's a mid-90s truck 350 which seems to run fine. Trans case is leaking a bit. Doesn't seem terribly rusty at all but obviously never know what's lurking. Just the originality alone is pretty remarkable after all of the lifted, 44" mudder nonsense you normally see. Overall, it seemed pretty solid to me but I wanted to bounce it off of the pros over here. Thoughts on rough idea of value?

Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 708
Size:  33.2 KB

Name:  photo 3.JPG
Views: 602
Size:  36.7 KB

Name:  photo 4.JPG
Views: 752
Size:  44.7 KB

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 751
Size:  48.5 KB

Name:  photo-2.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  90.3 KB
heynow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:33 PM   #2
1tuff71

Re: What's this '72 CST 4x4 Blazer worth? Rough idea anyway...

IMO I would say about $ 8-10 K without seeing it in person. It depends on how much YOUR willing to pay also. Looks to be a well optioned truck so if its fairly rust free, again....how much do you want to pay. BTW I'm not a walking " bluebook " so I could be way off the mark and the green would have to go. LOL
1tuff71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
heynow14

Thx for your reply 'blue book'!
I was thinking something in that range...perhaps a little north of that. The seller's at $13k but it smells like he's got some room. Anybody else care to chime in on a recent purchase or value of similar trucks you've seen?

Thx,
Nick
heynow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:36 PM   #4
briank

Where is the rust? Looks pretty good, may be worth what he wants but always lowball. Of course there are a few problem areas on these, even from Cali
briank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #5
noco-k5

I think rust is the key issue. If there isn't much/any than I think 8-10k is a good deal. I'm looking for something similar and haven't had much luck so far. I sold my 70 I had put a bunch of work into and have regretted it since then. My 70 was mechanically perfect with a lot of work done to it and minimal rust and I sold it for 9k (too cheap). I think the prices of Blazers has gone up a bunch since then so if it's clean he will probably find a buyer at close to 13k if he's patient. Just my two cents.
noco-k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:40 PM   #6
asolde

I would say you are in the ball park at around 13k. Depends... there is a lot to look at. Where is the rust if any? whats the history on the truck? Has it been repainted? You need to look at every inch of the truck. Get underneath it and look hard at all the spots these trucks rust at. A truck that is 42 years old has had thousands of hands on it from good mechanics to bad mechanics. Best advice is to look at it in person if at all possible. Remember rust is like a iceberg a little on top and twice as much underneath.
asolde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #7
cleszkie

I'm in SoCal too and I like to scan through Craigslist to see whats out there and what people are asking for their stuff. I can tell you that Blazer has been reposted many times without a single decrease in the asking price. Therefore, he may be firm on the 13K. It does look like a nice Blazer, but 13K may be a bit high in my opinion considering other Blazers I've seen locally. If you are willing to spend 10K+, I recommend looking at one or two more Blazers before you settle. Good luck.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote