The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2006, 07:47 PM   #11
71Dragtruck

Re: Ran 11.44 @117.69mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robznob11
what kind of hp you laying down, im building a version of yours only im running a 9.5.1 com 496 roller motor. it should lay down 650 hp and have good steet manners. i don't like just going fast at the track i can't stand to get beet so i wanna have the stuff when ever i need it track or town, its no fun having a bad a$$ truck if you can't show it off every day.. don't get me wrong i love drag cars but im amazed at these 8 sec rockets putting around just wating to bust your you know what when you pass them on the way to wal-mart . a 200 shot should keep things even if i wan't to play a little at the track.. im thinking about a roll bar too but it shure would look ugly and give away the sleeper feel too.

I run a solid roller 489 BB, it dynoed at 640HP, 620trq. with a too small 750 carb. I now run a 850 Mighty Demon and have a NOS Cheater system. In ran a 11.72@115 with a 1.72 60' at the last street drags on motor spinning a bit at the start. My coil over springs were a bit too light and I was bottoming out when I launched causing it to bounce. It was hard to get a good run in the other night after the rain it was hot and muggy, I was running 12.01 and not impressed. On the 11.44 I ran a 100shot in second and drive, it was the first time the motor saw nitrous so I ran it rich and backed out some extra timing so I was not expecting that large of a gain. Well low and behold it hooked good and ran a little quicker than planned.

I'm pretty sure on a regular race day I would be around the 11.5's to 11.6's on motor. So I'm thinking 10's on a 150 shot should be a reasonable expectation. I too would like to keep the stock appearance, but a roll bar is a must. The truck will all-ways be street legal, but I don't drive it that much and racing gives ME more enjoyment than cruising, so not that worried about the 2 bars going out the back window.
Getz Oilfield Consulting
Hard Candy Customs

Last edited by 71Dragtruck; 06-25-2006 at 08:01 PM.
71Dragtruck is offline   Reply With Quote